Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

I don’t care if the Warriors improve , they are good already and would improve. By adding Kuminga, you have a cost controlled asset, who gives a 3 headed forward position- , and 2 young Centers - Precious & Wiseman, both cost controlled for 3 more years. Remember Embid did not play two first years in the NBA.

My question about Wiseman is his immaturity
    At BEST Wiseman is a complete unknown. Do not disrespect embiid by comparing wiseman to him. Embiid showed MORE than enough in college and before to show he was on a complete other level and worth the injury risk. He played in college. Heck even in their first years playing look at Embiid's numbers. I don't know if you actually watched Embiid then whether it be in college or his first years playing in the league.

You are just desperate for a center. That is the appeal you are making about Wiseman. Kuminga is good and interesting and I have always liked him but you are pushing the window back and what for?

Again at best you are trading for a player who is "cost controled" yes but not a cheap cost controlled player since he is 10 million. I would argue there are MLE targets available right now who I would trust and will be better than Wiseman now and in the future. Hartenstein is one of those people. Since that is the case why go for him?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

well that isn't necessarily why they won't. i think they just like their team and also they may look to SHED salary if anything not add salary unless its a big big time guy. OG may be that but I don't see the incentive this rumor has been shut down multiple times by Bobby, Dan and others.

I said it last year that GSW just had to be patient play their young guys and keep doing their thing. That is what they did. They are in a different position than us they should stand pat.
      Most likely they stand pat but a healthy playing Otto Porter will likely command a significant increase elsewhere. Also you cannot discount all the ring chasing players who may take a significant paycut for one season to get there & bank on a bigger contract elsewhere the following year.

It will be up to Kuminga, Moody & Wiseman to show until the NBA trade deadline in Feb' that they have what it take to contribute significantly in the playoffs, otherwise some trades will occur.

GSW are really sitting as well as they can for next season after winning a championship.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Most likely they stand pat but a healthy playing Otto Porter will likely command a significant increase elsewhere. Also you cannot discount all the ring chasing players who may take a significant paycut for one season to get there & bank on a bigger contract elsewhere the following year.

It will be up to Kuminga, Moody & Wiseman to show until the NBA trade deadline in Feb' that they have what it take to contribute significantly in the playoffs, otherwise some trades will occur.

GSW are really sitting as well as they can for next season after winning a championship.
        I don't discount them at all

But they will be looking at potentially having to extend poole. resign or extend wiggins there expensive team is about to get more expensive. Not saying that they so some crazy move but you could see them even considering trading away their draft pick to save money in exchange for a future second or even a second now.

They will lose some players along the way otto is a prime example. A guy who may move on to make one last pay day now that he is a champ.. or he may want to give it one last go to see if they repeat.

Comment

• will we package him with flynn or someone

Comment

will we package him with flynn or someone
            Damn. Oh well, not a huge deal but would have preferred him warming someone else's bench.

Comment

But they will be looking at potentially having to extend poole. resign or extend wiggins there expensive team is about to get more expensive. Not saying that they so some crazy move but you could see them even considering trading away their draft pick to save money in exchange for a future second or even a second now..
              They are most likely have a player they really like at that position and if he was off the board they will probably trade that pick for a 2nd rounder.

Draft day deals are coming.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Damn. Oh well, not a huge deal but would have preferred him warming someone else's bench.
                Helps with the trade package filler if there was one.

Otherwise a buyout will most likely occur in March when they will most likely add another player to the roster.

Too bad it didn't work out.

Comment

• Not exactly shocking that Svi picked that up. Coulda told you last summer that was happening (which is why I found it a little odd we gave him the PO on that deal).

But depending on how close to the tax they are, either helps with a trade package for salary matching or can be easily cut to make room for another roster spot. Whatever.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Presumably inspired by Svi's savvy business acumen, John Wall said 'what the hell, you may have a point' and exercised his $47.4M player option.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      Presumably inspired by Svi's savvy business acumen, John Wall said 'what the hell, you may have a point' and exercised his $47.4M player option.
                      Somewhere Dennis Schroder is punching the air right now.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Somewhere Dennis Schroder is punching the air right now.
                        Dennis Schroder in perpetuity.

?

Comment

• both zach lowe and jonathan givony poured cold water all over any OG for number 7 trade and over the OG trade rumours in general on zach's podcast toay.

just mentioning so that grindhouse can temper his expectations on that front

Comment

• OG + Birch for Collins + 16 or
                            OG + Birch + Watanabe for Capella + Huerter.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                              OG + Birch for Collins + 16 or
                              OG + Birch + Watanabe for Capella + Huerter.

Collins skill set is redundant and he isn't better than OG. You lose defence and arguably your best one on one defender. His offence is ok but potentially has similar limitations.

yuta is a free agent so harder to do.

Comment

• Knicks are trying to move Burks & Noel to create $25M cap-space to sign Jalen Brunson. How about this 3-way?

To Knicks: Brunson (S&T)
                                To Mavs: GTJ, Birch, Flynn
                                To Raps: Burks, Noel, Knicks #11 pick (this year's draft)

Knicks get Brunson, who they covet highly.
                                Mavs get shooting around Luka + bench depth.
                                Raps get guard depth and a legit rim protector / PnR finishing center + a first round lottery pick.

Might need to add a 2RP or from the Raps or Mavs to get Knicks over the hump for giving up #11 this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X