Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

Looking at their roster, its hard to see it. Only way is multiple FRPs I suppose.

Only other way I see a deal happen is if Raptors are really high on a draft pick like Mathurin, Sharpe or Daniels. Masai has tried to trade in drafts before to move up to draft Giannis, Shai, etc.
    Exactly... you never know what Masai & co see ... they've seen things other people haven't before.

So yeah, however much they might value that #7 pick... then guys like Hart, Little and Johnson are great to have for young depth, which -- we're clearly very top heavy, which is not the worst problem.. but one could argue a cap crunch will be on the way before we know it, and spreading things around might actually benefit us more even in the present. (I love OG... I'm not really arguing that, just posing a hypothetical.)

And then yeah, there's the possibility of multiple future picks.

So yeah, an overpay (as Primer requested) miiight be #7, Hart, Little, Johnson, and future picks. That's not exactly insignificant for one (very good) player.

(Now, I point again to the idiots on twitter positing that maybe they can get OG without moving the 7th.. lmao.)

Anything could happen... won't be too long til we know.

Either way...

I love OG.

And in Masai we trust.

Comment

• Not that this guy necessarily knows anything... but it's a not an unwell-known account on the twits.

(Yes, but who told you?)

Comment

• (Damn, where's MixxAOR been?)

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
          (Damn, where's MixxAOR been?)

He disappeared after the Raptors crushed his dreams of tanking.

If Raptors trade OG for 7th, does that count as tanking? Maybe he'll come back.

Comment

Mixx back is a nice thought at least.

Comment

Not that this guy necessarily knows anything... but it's a not an unwell-known account on the twits.

(Yes, but who told you?)
              Mate, this is a fake LegionHoops account, not the actual one.. I’ve been tricked by fake accounts too many times so I usually double check the profiles first now haha

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

Mate, this is a fake LegionHoops account, not the actual one.. I’ve been tricked by fake accounts too many times so I usually double check the profiles first now haha
                I was all strapped-in and everything...

Comment

He was a big Suggs fan. Maybe he took his talent to Disney World?

cc MixxAOR
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Hawks and Spurs have discussed a trade centered around John Collins and Dejounte Murray, per B/R's @JakeLFischer

Sources say it will take a 'Jrue Holiday-like package' to acquire Murray
                    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2gdblus7

Birch/ OG/ VanVleet

for

Poeltl/ McDermott and Murray

Even it hurts me to offer OG, but the return to complement Scottie and Siakam would be a game changer.

Poeltl/ Siakam/ Scottie/ Trent/ Murray

Spurs is getting two starters in return.

Comment

Not that this guy necessarily knows anything... but it's a not an unwell-known account on the twits.

(Yes, but who told you?)
                      So who's #7? When was the last time Masai picked that high?

Comment

• In terms of the Klutch connection and the tweets saying this has more legs as the source is coming from Klutch not Portland......isn't Nick Nurse also repped by Klutch? The argument that this is concerning is that Klutch reps Chauncey Billups, several blazers, and Portlands GM.

There is a trend of some team handing over team building power to an agency and maybe that makes this worrisome. That said those are usually pretty crappy teams. Knicks and Leon Rose and World Wide Wes. Lakers and Klutch. Now Portland and Klutch perhaps.

Comment

• Wonder if a 3 team deal is available centered around OG going to Portland, 7th pick, a Raptors future FRP and Gary going to the Spurs and Murray and Hart to the Raptors.

Last edited by A.I; Thu Jun 23, 2022, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                            In terms of the Klutch connection and the tweets saying this has more legs as the source is coming from Klutch not Portland......isn't Nick Nurse also repped by Klutch? The argument that this is concerning is that Klutch reps Chauncey Billups, several blazers, and Portlands GM.

There is a trend of some team handing over team building power to an agency and maybe that makes this worrisome. That said those are usually pretty crappy teams. Knicks and Leon Rose and World Wide Wes. Lakers and Klutch. Now Portland and Klutch perhaps.
                            Agents are trying to max out their players to take care of them and max out that 1% cut of the contract. Leaks are common place and coaches and teams know how that goes. They will turn around and do it to the players if it suits them.

Comment

Wonder if a 3 team deal is available centered around OG going to Portland, 7th pick, a Raptors future FRP and Gary going to the Spurs and Murray and Hart to the Raptors.

For reference, the Jrue Holiday package:

Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, three future first-round picks, and two additional Draft pick swaps.

Comment

• Is OG extension eligible this offseason? I feel like that might be what all this is about and the Raps signs him to a 4 year $95M+ deal shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X