Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I had the same thoughts as you with regards to Shai.. But I believe Shai still has his poison pill contract as he signed an extension last summer. So it will be hard to pull off. We'll have to take in about $29M yet his outgoing salary will be about $5.5M.

On Fanspo Shai is just a $30M per year player not a poison pill so I don't think that's accurate.

This trade worked

OG to Blazers
    Trent + Bledsoe to OKC
    Shai to Raptors

Blazers send the 7th pick and a future 1st to OKC
    Raptors send a future 1st to OKC

Add whatever other picks necessary to make it work for OKC but they're already getting a 23 yesr old SG to replace Shai on half the salary plus 3 first round picks, including the extra top 10 pick they covet this year. Bledsoe is there to match salary and he expires in a year or can be bought out.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

On Fanspo Shai is just a $30M per year player not a poison pill so I don't think that's accurate.

This trade worked

OG to Blazers
      Trent + Bledsoe to OKC
      Shai to Raptors

Add whatever other picks necessary to make it work for OKC but they're already getting a 23 yesr old SG to replace Shai on half the salary plus 3 first round picks, including the extra top 10 pick they covet this year. Bledsoe is there to match salary and he expires in a year or can be bought out.
      That's actually an interesting trade for OKC because they get 2 expiring contracts and guys who can actually play. Presti keeps flipping those type of guys (Horford, Green, Kemba, etc...) for picks. Or, he'd have enough room to keep Trent and overpay.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Is it un-Spurs like? They tanked after Robinson got injured to draft Duncan. Duncan carried the franchise for the next 20+ years.

They've been stuck since trading Kawhi in 2019. Cycled through a few All stars in Derozan, Aldridge and now they have Murray, but they don't have that next franchise guy.
        That wasn't a tank but I don't want to argue that with you. Let's say it was, well... It was 23 years ago? Yeah, next example, please.

Also, Kawhi is a good example of them not needing to tank.

Comment

• Here's the problem the I have. I said it many times before, I love OG. He's the complete definition of 3D guy. But a lot of people here are overrating him a lot now. We're talking about OG here not Kawhi Leonard.

One, Why would OKC trade a LEGITIMATE star who's still very young in SGA for OG?

Two, the 7th overall pick is not "nothing". Masai's strength is drafting. He clearly has an eye for talent. If there's a player that he he think has a chance then he should go for it. I trust him when it comes to this stuff.

I keep seeing OG > whoever the Blazers/Raptors draft at 7. How do you know that? sure OG is a better player NOW. But are we sure he's going to be better than that player next year/long term?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            Here's the problem the I have. I said it many times before, I love OG. He's the complete definition of 3D guy. But a lot of people here are overrating him a lot now. We're talking about OG here not Kawhi Leonard.
            Its funny you say that because everytime I read an eyeroll-inducing overvalue post about OG I feel like that's what they're scared of in trading him. Like guys like Kawhi come along very often. My math tells me there's a 0.5% chance OG ever comes close to that one year of Kawhi here.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Here's the problem the I have. I said it many times before, I love OG. He's the complete definition of 3D guy. But a lot of people here are overrating him a lot now. We're talking about OG here not Kawhi Leonard.

One, Why would OKC trade a LEGITIMATE star who's still very young in SGA for OG?

Two, the 7th overall pick is not "nothing". Masai's strength is drafting. He clearly has an eye for talent. If there's a player that he he think has a chance then he should go for it. I trust him when it comes to this stuff.

I keep seeing OG > whoever the Blazers/Raptors draft at 7. How do you know that? sure OG is a better player NOW. But are we sure he's going to be better than that player next year/long term?
              In Primer's deal... OKC isn't getting OG, Blazers are. OKC would be getting a boatload of picks and cap flexibility (Trent, Bledsoe expiring). If they don't believe they have the superstar yet to compete for a title, then they can keep pushing the timeline forward, so they can draft that generational player. Presti is clearly following the Hinkie manuscript.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

This trade worked

OG to Blazers
                Trent + Bledsoe to OKC
                Shai to Raptors

I don't know what fanspo is but he signed his extension in August, so the PPP will expire at the start of this new season which is after the draft. So he should still have a PPP contract at the draft.

Also this confirms this too:
                https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/12/...n-2021-22.html

Comment

• Also want to add, why are people so concerned about the "now"? We're not winning the championship this year.

And again, if you look at all the players that could be available at 7 - Sharpe, Mathurin, Davis, Daniels etc..OG is better than all these guys right now. But next year/long term? I'm not sure. I'd probably say no.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• OKC has the 2nd pick and the 12th pick. Reports are they are trying to trade up. If a 3 team deal happens, they get 7th pick, Gary and a bunch of future picks.

Having Giddey, Holmgren and Sharpe isn't bad at all. Problem is they already have a bunch of picks. Do they want more?

Comment

• The reports are OKC wants Sharpe or Ivey. Don't think those guys are gonna be there at 7.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I had the same thoughts as you with regards to Shai.. But I believe Shai still has his poison pill contract as he signed an extension last summer. So it will be hard to pull off. We'll have to take in about $29M yet his outgoing salary will be about $5.5M.

We'd wait to execute the trade until free agency. Teams can do that pretty easily so long as no actual free agents are involved, happens all the time.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          The reports are OKC wants Sharpe or Ivey. Don't think those guys are gonna be there at 7.
                          Sharpe could be. Ivey definitely won't be.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            Dejounte Murray has the natural gifts and the proper seasoning under arguably the best training ground in Popovich school of fundamentals….he will be a superstar sooner than later, but if that is too much of a hot take, then I would settle with the take that he can be the best complementary player to Scottie’s skillset.

If the consensus around here before is not to trade VanVleet just for the sake of trading him but to wait for the right moment, then this is the most opportune time.

Dejounte Murray is available and we go get a player like him.
                            I can't really see how Fred helps us get Murray though. If the Spurs are moving him they are surely tearing down. I'd sure love to add Murray though, he's fantastic.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Given the reports of Spurs wanting a Holiday-like package for Murray. Getting him in a 3 team deal with the Blazers is definitely more realistic than Shai.

Fred, Murray, Scottie, Pascal and Precious would be fun. No more overlap of should Precious start, should Gary come off the bench. If you get Hart, he becomes the sixth man.

Only downside is Murray isn't a great shooter.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Sharpe could be. Ivey definitely won't be.
                                Think someone takes a shot on Sharpe earlier. From the buzz it sounds like a lot of people think he could have a shot of being the best player in the entire draft.
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X