Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Given the reports of Spurs wanting a Holiday-like package for Murray. Getting him in a 3 team deal with the Blazers is definitely more realistic than Shai.

Fred, Murray, Scottie, Pascal and Precious would be fun. No more overlap of should Precious start, should Gary come off the bench. If you get Hart, he becomes the sixth man.

Only downside is Murray isn't a great shooter.
    Thinking that's an OG and Trent package then? Murray makes 16M, Hart 12M, but the math can be worked out fairly easily.

Something like OG to Blazers, Trent and 7 to Spurs, Hart and Little and Murray to Raps?

Hart and Little provide backup wing and big minutes.

Dunno if SAS goes for it.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

OKC has the 2nd pick and the 12th pick. Reports are they are trying to trade up. If a 3 team deal happens, they get 7th pick, Gary and a bunch of future picks.

Having Giddey, Holmgren and Sharpe isn't bad at all. Problem is they already have a bunch of picks. Do they want more?
      OKC's other big problem is roster spots. They don't have enough spots for that warchest of picks, so they have to consolidate or punt those picks forward. Or they have to trade the picks and lose out on potential rotation players, like Sengun last year.

Comment

OKC has the 2nd pick and the 12th pick. Reports are they are trying to trade up. If a 3 team deal happens, they get 7th pick, Gary and a bunch of future picks.

Having Giddey, Holmgren and Sharpe isn't bad at all. Problem is they already have a bunch of picks. Do they want more?
        they have an addiction

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I can't really see how Fred helps us get Murray though. If the Spurs are moving him they are surely tearing down. I'd sure love to add Murray though, he's fantastic.
          Murray almost averaged a triple double. He's damn good... and he plays defense. Only issue is his 3-pt shot.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Murray almost averaged a triple double. He's damn good... and he plays defense. Only issue is his 3-pt shot.
            That's part of why he and Shai are the two guys where I'd be kind of willing to explore an OG trade. Someone damn good is exactly who they should be looking to add if they trade any of the core.

The three point shot is why I'd think they want to put him beside Fred, not have him replace Fred.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Thinking that's an OG and Trent package then? Murray makes 16M, Hart 12M, but the math can be worked out fairly easily.

Something like OG to Blazers, Trent and 7 to Spurs, Hart and Little and Murray to Raps?

Hart and Little provide backup wing and big minutes.

Dunno if SAS goes for it.
              Thats the framework. If we go by the Holiday trade, it was 3 FRPs and 2 pick swaps, so it would have to be 7th, a future Raptors FRP, maybe a second and a pick swap or 2.

Comment

We'd wait to execute the trade until free agency. Teams can do that pretty easily so long as no actual free agents are involved, happens all the time.
                But the draft pick will be.. in theory we would have to wait a month or two before Portland can trade that rookie correct? I believe Wiggins couldn't be traded for Love right away.. they had to wait a few months.

Comment

The theory I liked that I heard (not a sourced rumour, just a thought) is that based on actual sourced rumours that the Thunder really want to trade for a second top 10 pick to pair with their #2, and the Blazers want OG and are very willing to trade their pick and are even tied to the Thunder in talks (with 12 coming back), that maybe the Raptors are trying to leverage an OG move into Shai Gilgeous Alexander. Not sure how they would pull it off but I could see it being their goal in entertaining such talk (if they even are...), as right now it feels like the Blazers don't have an offer that would interest the Raps straight up. Maybe I'll figure out a deal that would work at some point.
                  Now..I would be ok with this, if moving OG and at other end the Raptors receive Shai Gilgeous Alexander.
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/stat...E6KitmYIg&s=19
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• VanVleet/ OG/ Birch plus no.33 and 2023 FRP

for

Poeltl/ Murray/ McDermott and 2023 SRP

—————

Murray/ Trent/ Scottie/ Siakam/ Poeltl

McDermott/ Precious/ Banton/ Flynn/ SVI/ Champaigne

utilize the MLE to get another vet big and a shooter

LETS GO !

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                        VanVleet/ OG/ Birch plus no.33 and 2023 FRP

for

Poeltl/ Murray/ McDermott and 2023 SRP

—————

Murray/ Trent/ Scottie/ Siakam/ Poeltl

McDermott/ Precious/ Banton/ Flynn/ SVI/ Champaigne

utilize the MLE to get another vet big and a shooter

LETS GO !
                        I don't think we can trade our FRP for next year until the draft next year because it would be consecutive years.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Murray at 32% but Shai is worse with a poison pill of a contract.

Dejounte Murray the next Raptor…. Channeling good karma to Bobby and Masai

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            Also want to add, why are people so concerned about the "now"? We're not winning the championship this year.

And again, if you look at all the players that could be available at 7 - Sharpe, Mathurin, Davis, Daniels etc..OG is better than all these guys right now. But next year/long term? I'm not sure. I'd probably say no.
                            From the Raps' perspective I think they see a window to contend sooner than later, and with Pascal and FVV still in their primes.

They know what they are getting from OG and how he fits on this team and likely see a path to winning it all with him. They can't project that path with an unknown player who may never end up being as good as OG.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

From the Raps' perspective I think they see a window to contend sooner than later, and with Pascal and FVV still in their primes.

They know what they are getting from OG and how he fits on this team and likely see a path to winning it all with him. They can't project that path with an unknown player who may never end up being as good as OG.
                              Yeah, I think Barnes changed some calculations. If he had turned out to be a 2-3 year project then things might be different but he is arguably the second best player on the team already with a pretty clear path to #1 (and certainly the most valuable player outside of Pascal). If he takes a leap this year, then they've got a real path to contention - it's not like there are any powerhouses in the east that are 10 light years ahead and moving at warp speed. Boston, Philly, Milwaukee and Miami all have weaknesses.

If I had to guess then it would be that they are far more likely to make a trade for the short term rather than the long term.

Comment

• wow am i read right ppl ready to put fred and OG on the block…. welcome my friends

Comment

Working...
                                X