No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Claw does want to get rid of Fred any chance he gets.

Comment

• ty guys maybe i should have side a bag of chips and a soft drink lol

Comment

• IF we actually got #7, who would people want?

I assume Sharpe would be very popular

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
          IF we actually got #7, who would people want?

I wouldnt be upset if we trade OG for 7th.

I'd like Sharpe, Mathurin or Daniels in that order.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I’d be pretty upset ngl

GTJ for 7 I’m fully on board for but OG I wouldn’t wanna trade unless we got a star

Comment

Ousmane Dieng

Comment

IF we actually got #7, who would people want?

OG over everyone at 7 for me (I hate the OG for 7 rumors).
                If by some miracle GTJ could land us 7, Mathurin or Duren would be my choices.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

There were rumours not too long ago about OG being unhappy with his role and wanting a bigger opportunity to maximize his earnings. Maybe this wasn't bullshit and maybe the desire for that is great enough that he's willing to stir the shit to get it? Maybe Masai is looking to get out in front of a developing problem?

There's no issue in dealing OG now if the price is right. If he demands a bigger role and doesn't get it here then it's going to be hard to get him to happily come back and I'm sure they don't want anyone on the team harbouring resentment. I'm sure they care about OG and to a certain degree understand where he's at in his career. Good team cultures involve caring about the players and sometimes that means letting them go... For an impressive price.
                  Right, I get that, but look at the Portland roster, and look at any of the other teams near them in the draft and THEIR rosters. Every other team has better assets available. Heck, OG went to school in Indiana, he would also get more usage there than Portland (if this is about player happiness). The Spurs could put together a better package of younger players (if this is about a quiet rebuild). Trades have to make sense.

Also, there is an issue with trading OG now. If you want draft picks, this draft kind of sucks in comparison to last season, and next season, etc.

These Portland trades are offering older players who don't fit the current system, while throwing in draft picks that push the Raps peak back a number of years. I've never said don't trade OG. Portland isn't a good trade partner for the Raps. Again, we all know what type of players the Raps prefer. To go against that, unless a player is a star, limits their chance to succeed, or (especially if you're adding 2 or 3 players who don't fit the roster's play style) resets when the team will peak, when the current top usage players are in their late 20's.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

OG over everyone at 7 for me (I hate the OG for 7 rumors).
                    If by some miracle GTJ could land us 7, Mathurin or Duren would be my choices.
                    I like Duren too. I don't think he is a top 10 tho. If Trent could get us OKC pick at 12 somehow in a 3 way trade, that could be interesting. He should be there at 12
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

I’d be pretty upset ngl

GTJ for 7 I’m fully on board for but OG I wouldn’t wanna trade unless we got a star
                      It would be a step back in the short term, but if whoever the Raptors end up drafting becomes a better player than OG in the future, it'll look like a good trade. If not, then the trade doesn't look good.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Was it friends training together or was it a Raptors held event? Sounds like friends training together. The rumour is he's unhappy with his role, not that he's unhappy with his teammates. This doesn't mean anything other than he's staying in shape and trying to get better.
                        It was at OVO. So the Raps facility.

I think the fact that he's in Toronto, when he doesn't have to be, might indicate he doesn't passionately want out of Toronto.

Comment

It would be a step back in the short term, but if whoever the Raptors end up drafting becomes a better player than OG in the future, it'll look like a good trade. If not, then the trade doesn't look good.
                          The 7th pick could be anything! It could even be a player of OG Anunoby’s caliber!

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

Right, I get that, but look at the Portland roster, and look at any of the other teams near them in the draft and THEIR rosters. Every other team has better assets available. Heck, OG went to school in Indiana, he would also get more usage there than Portland (if this is about player happiness). The Spurs could put together a better package of younger players (if this is about a quiet rebuild). Trades have to make sense.

Also, there is an issue with trading OG now. If you want draft picks, this draft kind of sucks in comparison to last season, and next season, etc.

These Portland trades are offering older players who don't fit the current system, while throwing in draft picks that push the Raps peak back a number of years. I've never said don't trade OG. Portland isn't a good trade partner for the Raps. Again, we all know what type of players the Raps prefer. To go against that, unless a player is a star, limits their chance to succeed, or (especially if you're adding 2 or 3 players who don't fit the roster's play style) resets when the team will peak, when the current top usage players are in their late 20's.
                            The narrative is that he wants to have a more involved role so he can earn a bigger deal. So if Indy offers the best deal and they offer what he wants then I don't know why they wouldn't do it if it makes sense for the Raptors. They seem like they're sellers though and they're not in on any rumors like that. Portland wants to win now with Dame and winning is not something Indy seems concerned with and so their priorities are different. How Portland looks today, OG would have a bigger role than here.

Same thing for any team. I'm sure Masai would gauge all interest and offers.
                            Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jun 23, 2022, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I like Duren too. I don't think he is a top 10 tho. If Trent could get us OKC pick at 12 somehow in a 3 way trade, that could be interesting. He should be there at 12
                              definitely better talents available at the 7th pick

Comment

Well Claw does want to get rid of Fred any chance he gets.
                                Murray is a nice get and they are also getting OG in addition to VanVleet.

We get Poeltl as our legit big and McDermott as the first offensive firepower off the bench.

not bad

Comment

Working...
                                X