No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD had an opportunity to come here & chosen the Nets.

Looked like age caught with him in the playoffs, was shot down by Tatum.

It would be really weird to get him considering if he was healthy throughout the Raptors championship series run, Raptors might not have one.

The price will be very steep & unlike Kawhi you ain't getting 50 cent on the dollar.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Scottie will be dominating by year 3. the 7th pick will not be as good as OG by year 2.
      The 7th pick will probably not going to be as good or as versatile as OG period.

Comment

Scottie will be dominating by year 3. the 7th pick will not be as good as OG by year 2.
        Hopefully that's true, but OG will have already become a UFA by Scottie's year 3. We'd probably end up overpaying to re-sign him, while also having re-signed Fred & Pascal at max, or near-max extensions. There won't be much cap flexibility left to build the rest of the roster. And if OG leaves for nothing, we'd have missed the optimum time to trade him for longer term value..... which is right now. I'm not even including re-signing Gary and then an extension for Precious. Something's gotta give.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          KD had an opportunity to come here & chosen the Nets.

Looked like age caught with him in the playoffs, was shot down by Tatum.

It would be really weird to get him considering if he was healthy throughout the Raptors championship series run, Raptors might not have one.

The price will be very steep & unlike Kawhi you ain't getting 50 cent on the dollar.

I hear you but if you can get him for the price I suggested or that is around there you do it. You aren't gutting your team doing that. If you have Siakam, Barnes, KD on your team .... that team has long term future upside but is also ready to compete right now especially if you also had precious. Team would be nasty.

Comment

The 7th pick will probably not going to be as good or as versatile as OG period.
            Versatile, maybe. But there's a high probability that at least one player drafted 7th or later will be as good or better than OG.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Hopefully that's true, but OG will have already become a UFA by Scottie's year 3. We'd probably end up overpaying to re-sign him, while also having re-signed Fred & Pascal at max, or near-max extensions. There won't be much cap flexibility left to build the rest of the roster. And if OG leaves for nothing, we'd have missed the optimum time to trade him for longer term value..... which is right now. I'm not even including re-signing Gary and then an extension for Precious. Something's gotta give.
              ....why wouldn'tn we just resign him and what is to say we overpay... everyone thought we would well over pay him this time... and that's not a reason to give him away. So because he MAY not resign even though we would have his bird rights you wanna give him up now? Makes no sense. Also Fred isn't getting his max book it right now. I said multiple times 25-27.

CBA is coming up. The front office already said they are willing to pay the tax if the team is competitive and has a chance to win. Trying to do that is getting too cute with asset management.

Comment

Versatile, maybe. But there's a high probability that at least one player drafted 7th or later will be as good or better than OG.
                who? and what is the probability that its your pick ?... there is a lot of picks 7th on wards.

Comment

I hear you but if you can get him for the price I suggested or that is around there you do it. You aren't gutting your team doing that. If you have Siakam, Barnes, KD on your team .... that team has long term future upside but is also ready to compete right now especially if you also had precious. Team would be nasty.
                  I need to know all the other pieces that are coming in afterwards. If getting KD means we have to get rid of some of our core players, I need KD to work his magic influence (like he did with Harden & Kyrie) & bring in big name players as well. Why should everyone else get that luxury?! Raptors never had big free agents coming here so it will be nice with that move to start setting new trends.

Comment

who? and what is the probability that its your pick ?... there is a lot of picks 7th on wards.
                    Obviously you can't predict who the next Jokic, Butler or Manu will be, so you'd have to bet on Masai/Bobby/Tolz to find that guy.

Comment

Well than he will be overlooked by most GM's in the top 5 cause otherwise he won't be drooping to 7.

Comment

Obviously you can't predict who the next Jokic, Butler or Manu will be, so you'd have to bet on Masai/Bobby/Tolz to find that guy.
                        The one thing Masai doesn't have is his scouting for European players appears lower than other teams. No Europeans were drafted by Masai nor have been recruited to join 905 in recent years. That could also be cause Masai is always looking for athletic & defensive players first which you are less likely to get it from that part of the continent (unless your parents were not originally from there ).

Comment

I need to know all the other pieces that are coming in afterwards. If getting KD means we have to get rid of some of our core players, I need KD to work his magic influence (like he did with Harden & Kyrie) & bring in big name players as well. Why should everyone else get that luxury?! Raptors never had big free agents coming here so it will be nice with that move to start setting new trends.
                          Well KD will here for more than a year given his contract, so there will be veterans who will want to ring chase.

Comment

Well than he will be overlooked by most GM's in the top 5 cause otherwise he won't be drooping to 7.
                            Which happens every year. That's why the Kangz and T-Wolves exist.

Comment

Which happens every year. That's why the Kangz and T-Wolves exist.
                              It doesn't mean the Raptors can't make the same mistake too.

Comment

they already said they don't believe a top 7 guy to be as good as OG and especially based on OG's progression. Their words not mine. I will take their assessment.

Comment

Working...
                                X