Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

Agree one of Gary Harris, Kyle Anderson, Malik Monk or Brown for the MLE 3/$10 Million per annum, but, sign- Delon Wright for the biannual exemption at $4 Million.

Still , a trade consisting of Birch + Brooks / Flynn for: a talent such as Jalen Smith!

Perhaps for draw Jalen Smith + 2nd. That opens more monies under the Luxury Tax.

Sign as a backup center Hartenstein to replace Birch for example.

Then keep Watanabe for 2/$1.5 Million. Keep Harper at two way contract, with Christian Komoka starting at $900,000 with increases for 2 years with team option for 3rd year and a non guarantee 4th year

Boucher -4/ $32 Million , starting at $7.5 Million thereafter. Young 1 year $7.5 Million, which is an overpay due to the length of the contract.
    Birch is a salary filler in a trade or a bait that could net us another future second rounder.

More than likely, Thad and Boucher could be gone. I would rather have Precious and Koloko take the majority of minutes at the Center spot. Developing both players are a must this season. I would use the MLE to acquire another offensive firepower off the bench.

But hey if Dejounte Murray is in play then maybe Poeltl can be added in that deal and we have a legit three rotational bigs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Fred is DeMar. Pascal is Lowry.
      I get what you're saying, but KD is basically better than Pascal in every way shape and form. And they play the same position and role, that's the parallel to the Seamless kawhi for demar swap. Fred fits better with that roster, because KD and Scottie would initiate and Fred would catch and shoot.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If they can somehow land Murray in an OG trade I'm all for that and I really appreciate what OG brings to the table.

Comment

• The KD rumor is still a pipedream but one can wish for to pair with Scottie.

Siakam is redundant with KD.

Nets will ask for Siakam/ VanVleet and OG with multiple future FRPs…they will fleece Masai for sure for them to trade arguably a top 15 player of the game

Comment

• watched koloko early in the season but thought he needs to put on weight. went back no that he is ours and i have to say i am happy. i will not get a feel for how he will play in the nba because his team didn’t really play against nba ready bigs at arizona

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I get what you're saying, but KD is basically better than Pascal in every way shape and form. And they play the same position and role, that's the parallel to the Seamless kawhi for demar swap. Fred fits better with that roster, because KD and Scottie would initiate and Fred would catch and shoot.
              Pascal is such a great #2 though. Like a Middleton to Giannis (who he didn't have against Boston and failed).

If push comes to shove, see ya Pascal!

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                The KD rumor is still a pipedream but one can wish for to pair with Scottie.

Siakam is redundant with KD.

Nets will ask for Siakam/ VanVleet and OG with multiple future FRPs…they will fleece Masai for sure for them to trade arguably a top 15 player of the game
                KD isn't really the playmaker Siakam is. Siakam isn't the sniper KD is. So I don't think they are redundant. KD has improved on his passing and passing reads but it still isn't his "bag".

FVV and OG and future picks.

Comment

Pascal is such a great #2 though. Like a Middleton to Giannis (who he didn't have against Boston and failed).

If push comes to shove, see ya Pascal!
                  In 2019 we needed his 2nd option level scoring, but now Fred is better, OG is better we didn't have GTJ, and of course, one scott Barnes.

We actually have a lot more all out scoring depth as far as creators than we did in 19, we just had way more depth, spot shooting, and savvy veteran iq and defense back then.

Comment

Fred is DeMar. Pascal is Lowry.
                    Fingers crossed Barnes is Kawhi.

Comment

I disagree. Pascal has proven is a #2 scoring option on a championship team, and he has gotten better since then. Scottie will be in his 2nd year, not sure you want him to be the 2nd option

Pascal and Scottie have shown they can play well beside each other. Now throw in KD who is a 3 level scorer, all 3 would fit fantastically beside each other.

Obviously you try to keep Fred, but if you route him a third team who can use Fred to make a playoff push and use the pieces in that trade to add to the KD trade, you do it.

Only downside is you lose Fred's leadership, but on the otherhand, KD is the ultimate piece for the 6'9 squad

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

KD isn't really the playmaker Siakam is. Siakam isn't the sniper KD is. So I don't think they are redundant. KD has improved on his passing and passing reads but it still isn't his "bag".

FVV and OG and future picks.
                        Lol, My apologies if I run out of energy to respond so laughing is the best way

Comment

Is he though? Pascal is the better defender, rebounder, passer or at least he was this season....there is litierally one thing which KD does better and that is score at God level.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I disagree. Pascal has proven is a #2 scoring option on a championship team, and he has gotten better since then. Scottie will be in his 2nd year, not sure you want him to be the 2nd option

Pascal and Scottie have shown they can play well beside each other. Now throw in KD who is a 3 level scorer, all 3 would fit fantastically beside each other.

Obviously you try to keep Fred, but if you route him a third team who can use Fred to make a playoff push and use the pieces in that trade to add to the KD trade, you do it.

Only downside is you lose Fred's leadership, but on the otherhand, KD is the ultimate piece for the 6'9 squad
                            Would I send out Fred and OG? Absolutely. I'm going off the assumption that Fred isn't very interesting to BK, and if it came down to losing Pascal, I think you have to. The only untouchable for me is young Scott.

Comment

Would I send out Fred and OG? Absolutely. I'm going off the assumption that Fred isn't very interesting to BK, and if it came down to losing Pascal, I think you have to. The only untouchable for me is young Scott.
                              Well I'm assuming Brooklyn wants to rebuild. You can bring in a 3rd team to trade Fred to and use assets from that deal to send to Brooklyn on top of OG and GTJ.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Is he though? Pascal is the better defender, rebounder, passer or at least he was this season....there is litierally one thing which KD does better and that is score at God level.
                                Durant consistently gets more assists than siakam does. Rebounding is basically the same. Defense is maybe a slight edge to Pascal but durants length is a problem when he's engaged so it's not a huge difference. Durant is top 5. Pascal is top 25. You hate to lose Pascal, but In this instance, you probably can.

Comment

Working...
                                X