• Show
Clear All

• Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Fingers crossed Barnes is Kawhi.
      I will take a Magic/Kawhi hybrid

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
        Listening to Zach Lowe's podcast with Bobby Marks. They talked about potential KD trades and both had Raptors as their favorite potential trade partner for the Nets. However they were talking from Nets GM perspective and said the first team you call is the Raptors and you ask for Scottie. Both agreed Raptors probably say no.

If you're the Raptors, throw whoever in the deal except Pascal and Scottie.
        I would have loved to see Durant here post OKC days (I actually liked him then) but he's 33 now and a lot of miles on that skinny frame. Not sure he lines up with out all-in roster of 2024-25 when Scotty is the best player in the NBA. I wouldn't gut the core for him but FVV/GTJr or OG/GTJr and parts, sign me up. It would take more than we can give just to match salaries.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I would have loved to see Durant here post OKC days (I actually liked him then) but he's 33 now and a lot of miles on that skinny frame. Not sure he lines up with out all-in roster of 2024-25 when Scotty is the best player in the NBA. I wouldn't gut the core for him but FVV/GTJr or OG/GTJr and parts, sign me up. It would take more than we can give just to match salaries.
          Well 33 year old KD is still a superstar. He has 4 years on his contract, so he will be 37 when it ends. He is a fantastic scorer so he will still be effective at 37 and if he can't carry the load anymore, Scottie will be 24/25 and entering his prime.

Comment

• durant is exactly what this team needs. Afraid of putting all our eggs into one injury prone basket though even though hes one of the best

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Well 33 year old KD is still a superstar. He has 4 years on his contract, so he will be 37 when it ends. He is a fantastic scorer so he will still be effective at 37 and if he can't carry the load anymore, Scottie will be 24/25 and entering his prime.
              If you can get KD while keeping Siakam and Barnes then it's a no-brainer. If you have to move Siakam then you need another big move cause you don't have enough. KD can't carry a team as should be obvious by the playoffs this year. An elite defence can shut him down. Plus, I would imagine KD would only want to come to Toronto if Siakam, FVV and Barnes were staying. He will want a ready-made championship team and not one that needs 3 more moves to be a contender.

Comment

• So the Draft is over.
                We got a project big man.
                Sorry to be harsh but it is what it is.
                He was the 4th or 5th centre taken depending on how you categorize them. (Holmgren was listed as a PF).
                Lets hope our talent evaluators are still killing it post Bruno as getting the 6th best guy at a job and then turning them into a top tier performer is a pretty tall task.

So bluntly the Raps are no better off nor are they any worse off than they were at the end of the season.
                We are inert which is also not good. Cuz if your not going forward you are losing ground in sports.

Our cap space remains tight but we do have all our draft picks going forward.
                We still have a real need for both improvement and depth in the back court.
                We still have a need for demonstrable defensive rebounding and rim protection the 6th best C in the draft not with standing.

So 2022-23 shapes up to be pretty much what 2021-22 was.
                Or,
                We roll the dice and make a trade with one of the core 6 players.

If not.
                Its ground hog day.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  So the Draft is over.
                  He was the 4th or 5th centre taken depending on how you categorize them. (Holmgren was listed as a PF).
                  Lets hope our talent evaluators are still killing it post Bruno as getting the 6th best guy at a job and then turning them into a top tier performer is a pretty tall task.

So bluntly the Raps are no better off nor are they any worse off than they were at the end of the season.
                  We are inert which is also not good. Cuz if your not going forward you are losing ground in sports.

We still have a need for demonstrable defensive rebounding and rim protection the 6th best C in the draft not with standing.

Or,

If not.
                  Its ground hog day.

Koloko is what he is but given the Raps track record I'm not going to discount the pick or what he might turn into. Time will tell. Way to soon to say that he was #6 by a consensus measurement so he is basically a project big - you don't really know that until you see him play.

As for inert, you can only say that if you believe Barnes and Achiuwa have peaked on their development, that Gary Trent won't have a big contract year, and that their current projects like Banton will provide zero. Not sure that's the case. Hell, even OG and Trent aren't full finished players. There's lots of runway for the current core players to get better. Even Pascal.

Will this season look like the last? It might in the aggregate but they haven't even had a crack at free agency yet, let alone trades, so it's probably wise to let the roster settle before getting too far ahead of ourselves. As for what's going on around them, it's way to early to judge the teams around them..

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    So the Draft is over.

Or,

If not.
                    Its ground hog day.

Define project?

He was a pac-12 defensive player of the year. You go down the list of those players and you will see every single one at MINIMUM had NBA level defensive intensity and talent. Do you know who won it last year?

Not comparing him with last year's player in terms of defensive level but he isn't some big huge giant project like you are thinking. He will likely outplay by end of year one. There is my prediction right now. Koloko is not Kamagate.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Define project?

He was a pac-12 defensive player of the year. You go down the list of those players and you will see every single one at MINIMUM had NBA level defensive intensity and talent. Do you know who won it last year?

Not comparing him with last year's player in terms of defensive level but he isn't some big huge giant project like you are thinking. He will likely outplay by end of year one. There is my prediction right now. Koloko is not Kamagate.
                      He is already 22, so he should be NBA ready on the defensive side. Offensive outside of catching lobs and finishing in the paint will probably need work.

Comment

• O.g or vanvleet, Flynn and a second round pick for Dejounte Murray would be a dream. Murray will improve his 3pt shot and having a lineup like this is downright nasty especially considering how young this lineup will be with a high ceiling

Murray
                        Barnes
                        Siakam
                        Trent
                        Achiuwa

defensive nightmare also any one of them can stretch the floor very well

I also like the idea of trying to trade for a Kuminga+Wiseman package for O.G and flynn

Vanvleet
                        Barnes
                        Kuminga
                        Siakam
                        Wiseman

Last edited by Reyaz123; Fri Jun 24, 2022, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Precious, Pascal, KD, Fred, Barnes with koloko, boucher, Thad, banton, curry.

So, OG + GTJr + birch + Flynn + 2 1st round picks, 2 1st round swaps and 2 2nd round picks for KD and Curry. Nets are short 10 mil here, so not sure that works. Could swap Harris for curry, but adding one of those shooters could really balance the Raps roster. In any event, I think the starting point should be OG and GTjr, which would give the nets a couple more players they can trade for picks if they are rebuilding. And who knows, maybe a core of OG, trent and Simmons could be interesting. If not, they should all be tradeable. Of course, swapping pascal for OG makes the money work more equally, and might be more attractive to the nets and would still give us a deadly starting unit. Very interesting scenario. I guess this will all depend on what kyrie does, but I do like the idea of scooping up Durant.

Comment

• Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
                            O.g or vanvleet, Flynn and a second round pick for Dejounte Murray would be a dream. Murray will improve his 3pt shot and having a lineup like this is downright nasty especially considering how young this lineup will be with a high ceiling

Murray
                            Barnes
                            Siakam
                            Trent
                            Achiuwa

defensive nightmare also any one of them can stretch the floor very well

I also like the idea of trying to trade for a Kuminga+Wiseman package for O.G and flynn

Vanvleet
                            Barnes
                            Kuminga
                            Siakam
                            Wiseman
                            we already have koloko, we would have precious ... what is the point of wiseman... what is the purpose at this point?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

You start with OG, Gary and Khem as salary matchers.. and then as many picks as it takes. KD is locked up for 4 years. So those picks won't really be great. Can always buy one if we have to. Maybe S&T Chris instead of Khem if that can save a FRP.

But I agree.. Pascal and Scottie are untouchables.
                              I mean if Pascal and Scottie are untouchables then you aren't trading for Kevin freaking Durant. I mean come on man lol. It Pascal and Siakam are not on the table they will have better offers for sure. And if you include one of them raps might be front runners to get him. Brooklyn will be in (potentially) in sam situation as spurs where they want to stay relevant. Nets traded away pics and will want a piece that can contribute. Zac Lowe and Bobby both had them as the first team they would call but placed the caveat that it was about Scottie being in deal.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

I mean if Pascal and Scottie are untouchables then you aren't trading for Kevin freaking Durant. I mean come on man lol. It Pascal and Siakam are not on the table they will have better offers for sure. And if you include one of them raps might be front runners to get him. Brooklyn will be in (potentially) in sam situation as spurs where they want to stay relevant. Traded away pics and will want a piece that can contribute. Zac Lowe and Bobby both had them as the first team they would call but placed the caveat that it was about Scottie being in deal.
                                We don't win a chip IMO with KD and no Pascal. So it's moot then. KD still needs a good #2, and Barnes needs at least 1-2 years to get there. Fred isn't good enough of a running mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X