No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there so much talk about trading for KD here? What did I miss?

Comment

• No clue… i don’t even want KD…how
      much time does he really have left? Turns 34 in Sept., injury history. Why set the franchise back for maybe one or two years of KD

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Why is there so much talk about trading for KD here? What did I miss?
        just a hypothetical of why not try and chase him if he wants out assuming kyrie leaves. I don't think kyrie will ultimately leave he is just being a dick.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          No clue… i don’t even want KD…how
          much time does he really have left? Turns 34 in Sept., injury history. Why set the franchise back for maybe one or two years of KD
          Well, Raps are in it for championships or so says Masai. They've shown they will put all their chips in even if it's for a one year rental as long as they think they can win a championship.

I just don't understand why the talk has been about KD. Did he ask for a trade from the Nets and mention Toronto as one of his preferences? I know he once quoted that the Raps was his fav team growing up but damn that was a long time ago and really doesn't mean anything.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            No clue… i don’t even want KD…how
            first of all.. 2 years of KD would be nuts.. secondly he is so far and away above the top players that when his game starts to decline he will still be better than the vast majority of players baring any other major major injuries that make him lose additional years from his career. He is defensively one of the best, offensively from a shooting and dribbling standpoint essentially unmatched.
            Lebron is a good example of this. He has declined yet he is still basically at the level of Karl Malone at this point which is still insanely good.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I think Gary has to be in any deal we make for KD. If we absolutely have to trade Pascal, then I prefer Pascal and GTJ plus picks for KD.

In your hypothetical trade, I think Brooklyn would have to throw in a player that can contribute along with KD, especially if they want to go younger. Something like OG, Pascal, 2 FRPs for KD, Curry and/or Harris. Not sure about the salary matching, but you get KD and a fantastic shooter. In that case, the starting lineup would be Fred, GTJ, Scottie, KD and Precious.

I take back Pascal being untouchable, but I think trading him will depend on how confident the Raptors are in Scottie becoming the 2nd option and I'll throw in Precious' development as well. I'd prefer if Fred is the 3rd option and not the 2nd.
              Well in terms of "running the offence" and setting up plays it would likely be Scottie running the point either way not Fred. The biggest usage would be KD. I would way rather keep Siakam but if that means no KD I would personally have a tough time. Although, I may be able to get there but it would take some serious time. If OG stayed then fine but it could be something like Pascal and OG.

Comment

Well, Raps are in it for championships or so says Masai. They've shown they will put all their chips in even if it's for a one year rental as long as they think they can win a championship.

I just don't understand why the talk has been about KD. Did he ask for a trade from the Nets and mention Toronto as one of his preferences? I know he once quoted that the Raps was his fav team growing up but damn that was a long time ago and really doesn't mean anything.
                It's all speculation. And Raptor fans trying to flame the fires.

Kyrie is the snowball. If he leaves Brooklyn, which seems like a good possibility now, KD may not want to play in Brooklyn with what they have left. So he may ask for a trade just like Harden did.

KD will want to go to a ready built team that can help him win a title. This is why Raptor fans have come up with different trade scenarios. It's all really just fantasy talk. Plus both Bobby Marks and Zach Lowe talked about Toronto as a dark horse team that would trade for him. They mentioned moving Scottie to get him though, which is not going t happen.

If KD does ask to be traded, and he puts Toronto on his list of preferred destinations, then he'll want to play with guys that can help him win a chip now. Not 2 years from now, but right now. That's why to me it makes no sense to trade him for Pascal or even Fred. He'd want to play with those guys.

But again it's all just fantasy talk and gives us something to blab about in the off season.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

It's all speculation. And Raptor fans trying to flame the fires.

Kyrie is the snowball. If he leaves Brooklyn, which seems like a good possibility now, KD may not want to play in Brooklyn with what they have left. So he may ask for a trade just like Harden did.

KD will want to go to a ready built team that can help him win a title. This is why Raptor fans have come up with different trade scenarios. It's all really just fantasy talk. Plus both Bobby Marks and Zach Lowe talked about Toronto as a dark horse team that would trade for him. They mentioned moving Scottie to get him though, which is not going t happen.

If KD does ask to be traded, and he puts Toronto on his list of preferred destinations, then he'll want to play with guys that can help him win a chip now. Not 2 years from now, but right now. That's why to me it makes no sense to trade him for Pascal or even Fred. He'd want to play with those guys.

But again it's all just fantasy talk and gives us something to blab about in the off season.
                  My initial idea was OG and GTJ.

That way you keep Scottie but you give them two young guys.

Comment

• Everyone but Scottie is available if we're trading for KD.

Comment

Why is there so much talk about trading for KD here? What did I miss?
                      Just speculation based on if Kyrie leaves Brooklyn is there a scenario KD asks for a trade. On the Lowe Post yesterday Zac Lowe and Bobby Marks said the first call they would make would be to the raps for a Scottie Barnes package in this fake example. They said the raps probably say no but it would put them in a position to be strong contenders for multiple titles and would be worth considering. I wouldn't do the trade but that's what started this.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        My initial idea was OG and GTJ.

That way you keep Scottie but you give them two young guys.
                        I'm sure that if Brooklyn asks for OG, GTJ and picks/pick swaps for Durant, Masai does that deal in a heartbeat, because that's 100% an underpay for Kevin Durant.

Even at 33, Durant is still a top-five player in the league, and his playstyle - which isn't physical and relies a lot on being an excellent/tall outside shooter - should age pretty well over the course of his remaining contract. A starting five of Fred/Scottie/Pascal/KD/Precious is one of the best in the league, and you'd still have two proven, reliable bench pieces in Thad and Boucher (assuming they both re-sign, which seems a lock in this scenario), plus Champagnie, Banton and Koloko as rookies being given a chance to step up, plus whatever veterans sign at the minimum to chase rings (and there will be a few).

That's a team that will be a title contender for the next four years, and everybody knows it, which is why it's an underpay.

Comment

• Come on. If the Nets are going to trade KD to Toronto, Scottie is most definitely the main piece going back. In a scenario where Durant leaves, the Nets are rebuilding. They’ll have zero interest in Fred or Pascal.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Just speculation based on if Kyrie leaves Brooklyn is there a scenario KD asks for a trade. On the Lowe Post yesterday Zac Lowe and Bobby Marks said the first call they would make would be to the raps for a Scottie Barnes package in this fake example. They said the raps probably say no but it would put them in a position to be strong contenders for multiple titles and would be worth considering. I wouldn't do the trade but that's what started this.
                            Would anyone here actually trade Scottie for KD? I wouldn't trade Scottie for KD. Hell no. KD is 34 years old. He's at that age already. LeBron who never gets injured started getting injured A LOT by the time he turned 34-35. Now he's always injured.

KD has also not shown that he can lead a team to a championship as the "bus driver" of the team.

There' only one player in this league I would trade Scottie to and that's to Dallas for Luka.
                            Last edited by The Great One; Sat Jun 25, 2022, 11:45 AM.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Would anyone here actually trade Scottie for KD? I wouldn't trade Scottie for KD. Hell no. KD is 34 years old. He's at that age already. LeBron who never gets injured started getting injured A LOT by the time he turned 34-35. Now he's always injured.

KD has also not shown that he can lead a team to a championship as the "bus driver" of the team.

There' only one player in this league I would trade Scottie to and that's to Dallas for Luka.
                              Nope. Lowe and Marks also said Raptors wouldn't trade Scottie for KD. They said Cavs wouldn't trade Mobley for KD either. Scottie, Mobley and Cade are probably off limits.

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post
                                Come on. If the Nets are going to trade KD to Toronto, Scottie is most definitely the main piece going back. In a scenario where Durant leaves, the Nets are rebuilding. They’ll have zero interest in Fred or Pascal.
                                If we look at the PG trade, OKC got Shai (who averaged 11 points as a rookie but had potential), Galinari and 5 picks. A KD trade will probably be similar. I know KD is a better player than PG, but the PG trade happened when PG was 28 and in his prime, KD is currently at the tail end of his prime.

If you're rebuilding, picks are usually the main attraction. OG and GTJ are also good, young players.

Comment

Working...
                                X