Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

If we look at the PG trade, OKC got Shai (who averaged 11 points as a rookie but had potential), Galinari and 5 picks. A KD trade will probably be similar. I know KD is a better player than PG, but the PG trade happened when PG was 28 and in his prime, KD is currently at the tail end of his prime.

If you're rebuilding, picks are usually the main attraction. OG and GTJ are also good, young players.
    We can put together a good package of young guys without Scottie.

OG, Trent, Precious are all starting caliber and 25 or younger. Would all fit well with Simmons. They are also enough salary to trade for KD. So just include some picks on top of that. Say two future 1sts. With whatever the Mets get for Kyrie they would be a pretty solid young team and have lots of picks. Honestly they would be contending for a playoff spot right away with that squad.

Would everyone pull the trigger on that? I know I would.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Everyone but Scottie is available if we're trading for KD.
      I dunno.

IF Raps are making a move for KD, it's for a championship right now. Scottie isn't ready to compete for a championship yet and Brooklyn trading KD means they are blowing it up and wanting to rebuild with young players.

So basically we're not trading for KD cause as you say, Scottie isn't going anywhere.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Nope. Lowe and Marks also said Raptors wouldn't trade Scottie for KD. They said Cavs wouldn't trade Mobley for KD either. Scottie, Mobley and Cade are probably off limits.
        I mean yeah but hypothetically what if this roster was ready to compete for a title more experienced)? Adding a guy like KD puts you into serious contention for a title, would probably make the Raps favorites against any team in the playoffs this past season. KD is that other level type of scorer like Luka or Curry. Would you take a title or two with KD or the next 8-10 seasons of a really good team which may or may not win a title with Scottie?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I dunno.

IF Raps are making a move for KD, it's for a championship right now. Scottie isn't ready to compete for a championship yet and Brooklyn trading KD means they are blowing it up and wanting to rebuild with young players.

So basically we're not trading for KD cause as you say, Scottie isn't going anywhere.
          I don't think you realize how good scottie is and he is the one piece you keep because even when KD ages in 3-4 years... Scottie will still not even be in his prime. think about it that way. He would be 24/25

Comment

I mean yeah but hypothetically what if this roster was ready to compete for a title more experienced)? Adding a guy like KD puts you into serious contention for a title, would probably make the Raps favorites against any team in the playoffs this past season. KD is that other level type of scorer like Luka or Curry. Would you take a title or two with KD or the next 8-10 seasons of a really good team which may or may not win a title with Scottie?
            the latter for me personally, every time. firstly because i trust the front office to put together a team that will compete for championships throughout a good chunk of scottie's career. but more importantly because we've never had a homegrown superstar to call our own that didn't bolt, and winning with one would just mean more to me. would like to see this franchise with their very own curry/duncan/dirk/etc, and scottie has a chance to become that, however small that chance might be

said it earlier this year but i wouldn't trade scottie for anybody right now. at least not until we have a better idea of how good he's going to be

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

the latter for me personally, every time. firstly because i trust the front office to put together a team that will compete for championships throughout a good chunk of scottie's career. but more importantly because we've never had a homegrown superstar to call our own that didn't bolt, and winning with one would just mean more to me. would like to see this franchise with their very own curry/duncan/dirk/etc, and scottie has a chance to become that, however small that chance might be

said it earlier this year but i wouldn't trade scottie for anybody right now. at least not until we have a better idea of how good he's going to be
              This.
              Durant could be great for another year or two but could also blow a knee out sulk like Vince did and set this franchise back for years. Scotty is untouchable here.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Well, which team is offering an all star and picks? And are they on KD's list?
                Who said we’re on KD’s list?

And you’d have to assume Bulls offer up an allstar. Spurs offer up Dejounte. Nuggets would probably offer Murray or MPJ

There would definitely be teams offering all stars

Comment

• Sorry guys if it has been questioned before... but on a bit more realistic note, do you guys think that the decision to draft Koloko could mean that the Raps prefer to not bring Boucher back?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                    Sorry guys if it has been questioned before... but on a bit more realistic note, do you guys think that the decision to draft Koloko could mean that the Raps prefer to not bring Boucher back?
                    Doubt they have any correlation

Im sure they still want to bring Boucher back

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                      Sorry guys if it has been questioned before... but on a bit more realistic note, do you guys think that the decision to draft Koloko could mean that the Raps prefer to not bring Boucher back?
                      I don't think it effects it plus boucher isn't really a center he is more of a tweener 4 who plays center out of necessity and doesn't quite space the floor consistently for us to love him at 4 all the time but he is closer to a 4.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=28aczvmp

Most certain a Siakam/ VanVleet/ Birch and a pile of picks

for

KD/ Joe Harris and Claxton
                        Barnes, GTJ, OG, KD, Precious
                        GP2 3/$28 starting at $8.5 Million, Harris, Boucher -3/$25, Claxton -3/$24 Million, Koloko
                        Blanton, Flynn, Brooks -$135 Million.

Than add GP 2, at point guard, Banton is two years away offensively, and keep Boucher+ 1pick and 1 or 2 swaps.
                        Last edited by Heatdreamer; Sat Jun 25, 2022, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Boucher is better at the 4. He and Koloko on the court together would be fun.

Comment

• To honest, Koloko probably won’t be a big contributor for the life of Boucher’s contract 1 to year deal). Boucher is more of a stop gap until he’s ready.

If Koloko surprises us then Boucher is a decent trade chip or filler in a bigger trade. The only way way we don’t resign him is if someone way over pays, or gives offers a 4 year deal at a decent amount of money.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I don't think you realize how good scottie is and he is the one piece you keep because even when KD ages in 3-4 years... Scottie will still not even be in his prime. think about it that way. He would be 24/25
                              I do realize how good Scottie is, but I don't know how good he will become in his prime. There is no way to know for sure he will ever be as good as Pascal much less a superstar like KD.

To be clear I'm not trading Scottie for KD. I'd love to do this the organic route and make a run of it o er the long haul.

Comment

I do realize how good Scottie is, but I don't know how good he will become in his prime. There is no way to know for sure he will ever be as good as Pascal much less a superstar like KD.

To be clear I'm not trading Scottie for KD. I'd love to do this the organic route and make a run of it o er the long haul.
                                I say this with all respect to Siakam but he could be as good as Siakam was this year by year 3. That is how good I think he would be.

Comment

Working...
                                X