Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

Who said we’re on KD’s list?

And you’d have to assume Bulls offer up an allstar. Spurs offer up Dejounte. Nuggets would probably offer Murray or MPJ

There would definitely be teams offering all stars
    No one did but if we aren't, we're not trading for him.

Dejounte is a good offer. Probably equal to the OG and Trent offer. Who are the Bulls offering that is more valuable than OG and Trent? If the Nuggets offer both Murray and MPJ they win out, but just one I'm not sure that's clearly better.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

No one did but if we aren't, we're not trading for him.

Dejounte is a good offer. Probably equal to the OG and Trent offer. Who are the Bulls offering that is more valuable than OG and Trent? If the Nuggets offer both Murray and MPJ they win out, but just one I'm not sure that's clearly better.
      one thing no one is thinking about is what teams KD wants to go to. Would KD want to end up on the Spurs ... to play with who? KD wants to compete so that should be kept in mind. Nuggets if they offer MPJ and Murray they may not have enough to win. They would compete well in the west though given its Jokic and KD but you typically want a 3rd Banana to help with rest etc.

KD would have more control over where he agrees to go than most ppl think even if he doesn't have a no trade clause.

Comment

• Good to keep in mind that KD doesn’t have a no trade clause of any type and he’s signed for another 4 years

If he asks out, the nets have no reason to do him right and ship him where he wants, they’ll just care about maximizing return. Look at Kawhi and the Spurs

Comment

Good to keep in mind that KD doesn’t have a no trade clause of any type and he’s signed for another 4 years

If he asks out, the nets have no reason to do him right and ship him where he wants, they’ll just care about maximizing return. Look at Kawhi and the Spurs
          Superstars typically get to eat their cake too. Kawhi didn't get his wish, but he was a rental. And then got to LA anyway as a free agent. Hell even Simmons got his wish and he's not even a super star.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I say this with all respect to Siakam but he could be as good as Siakam was this year by year 3. That is how good I think he would be.
            And I say this with all due respect but Siakam is damn good and Scottie had zero pressure placed on him last season.

Like I said the other day Scottie projects as a better player than Pascal, but projections and realization are two different things. And then you wanna talk about being a superstar like KD? Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves LOL.

Comment

Good to keep in mind that KD doesn’t have a no trade clause of any type and he’s signed for another 4 years

Yeah but the teams trading for him have every reason to care about whether he wants to be there.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah but the teams trading for him have every reason to care about whether he wants to be there.
                He’s signed for 4 years. What’s he gonna do if he gets traded to a team that isn’t his preference? It’s not like he has the leverage to sit out his deal

Obviously a team isn’t gonna trade for him unless they would be contenders with him.

Comment

He’s signed for 4 years. What’s he gonna do if he gets traded to a team that isn’t his preference? It’s not like he has the leverage to sit out his deal

Obviously a team isn’t gonna trade for him unless they would be contenders with him.
                  Have you, like, missed the last decade of the player (and specifically star) empowerment era? If KD asks out (which is the only reason the Nets would trade him) why would his leverage be different where he ended up than in Brooklyn?
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Have you, like, missed the last decade of the player (and specifically star) empowerment era? If KD asks out (which is the only reason the Nets would trade him) why would his leverage be different where he ended up than in Brooklyn?
                    player empowerment is a thing and stars force their way out. he has less of a say from a contractual side of things but he could mail it in harden style.

Comment

• I assume people have seen Dame's instagram post? Other than draft picks (which could make a difference if they go stupid), they can't offer much more than we would have turned down for OG.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        I assume people have seen Dame's instagram post? Other than draft picks (which could make a difference if they go stupid), they can't offer much more than we would have turned down for OG.
                        If Raptors refused to trade OG for 7th and whatever assets the Blazers have, they have no chance in hell to get KD.

Comment

• Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            I assume people have seen Dame's instagram post? Other than draft picks (which could make a difference if they go stupid), they can't offer much more than we would have turned down for OG.
                            Nope, what did he say?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Nope, what did he say?

Comment

• Blazers can't really even trade their picks right now because of protections on the ones they've already traded. They aren't in the running, for the moment.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X