Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    I know this is only tangentially Raptors offseason related but make your picks.
    a) Where is Kyrie playing this season?
    b) Where is KD playing this season?
    both will be playing in Brooklyn is my guess.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Kyrie to the Lakers and KD to the Raptors because why not.
      The Lakers should think long and hard about swapping AD for Kyrie. I think Kyrie has a better career than AD moving forward because once big men start getting injured they never recover. Kyrie would also be a nice combo with Lebron, and he's basically same age as AD so they could build around him post Lebron if they want.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The Lakers should think long and hard about swapping AD for Kyrie. I think Kyrie has a better career than AD moving forward because once big men start getting injured they never recover. Kyrie would also be a nice combo with Lebron, and he's basically same age as AD so they could build around him post Lebron if they want.
        I doubt AD goes anywhere. Either Lakers S&T for Kyrie or Kyrie signs there for the MLE I think.

Comment

I doubt AD goes anywhere. Either Lakers S&T for Kyrie or Kyrie signs there for the MLE I think.
          This is really the only way I see him leaving. Brooklyn has to agree to the return.

If he does this, he's crazy (which he kind of is) as he would need to play 6 years at that rate to get back what his player option is for next year.

Obviously if he did so he would be banking on proving to the league he still has it; and signing a bigger longer deal the year after. I just don't think his off court antics will be smoothed out over night causing him to be right back here next off-season.

Comment

• Do we even know why this clown wants out? Jeez

Comment

• A S&T also hardcap's a team. I don't see the Lakers or Clippers making a trade. They'd have to hope he opts out and signs back on a tax payer mid level. Which is about $6M

Comment

• When in doubt, there's always Sacramento as a trade destination.

Comment

AD is the only S&T piece that makes sense for Brooklyn. So Lakers not really a realistic landing spot for Kyrie unless he does the unthinkable and takes the MLE.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

AD is the only S&T piece that makes sense for Brooklyn. So Lakers not really a realistic landing spot for Kyrie unless he does the unthinkable and takes the MLE.
                    I wanna see him do it

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Right.

So, these teams trading for KD, they are assuming they are trading for a one year rental of KD? Or 4 years of KD?
                      I’d say you buy yourself at least 2 years

Maybe 3

Comment

• I'd say Kyrie to the Lakers (if we've learned anything in the past few years, stars go where they want to go)
                        And KD? Back to OKC for a boatload of picks? Cupcakes for all! More likely, PHX in a sign and trade for Ayton (if such a thing is allowed)

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

I’d say you buy yourself at least 2 years

Maybe 3
                          I think you are dramatically more optimistic than is warranted.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            I'd say Kyrie to the Lakers (if we've learned anything in the past few years, stars go where they want to go)
                            And KD? Back to OKC for a boatload of picks? Cupcakes for all! More likely, PHX in a sign and trade for Ayton (if such a thing is allowed)
                            Not sure is all this talk about Kyrie to the Lakers is legit or not. Didn't he hate being in LeBrons shadow? What was all the back and fourth between them last year about?

I can't see Nets just blowing it up either. They still have Simmons and they can get some good role players for Kyrie from some team. I keep saying SAC is dumb enough.

Comment

• It's a bit wild how this Brooklyn situation has imploded so quickly. It's not just that Durant picked the wrong guys to play with but then he apparently didn't have the wherewithal to hold things together at all once they started to spiral out of control. And this is on Durant. He was the one calling the shots so you can't turn around and blame the front office or coaching staff cause they were all beneath KD on the totem pole. With great player empowerment, needs to come great player accountability.

Comment

• Has the time that he can pick up his player option passed? Or can he still do the smart thing and pick it up?

Comment

Working...
                                X