Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    It's a bit wild how this Brooklyn situation has imploded so quickly. It's not just that Durant picked the wrong guys to play with but then he apparently didn't have the wherewithal to hold things together at all once they started to spiral out of control. And this is on Durant. He was the one calling the shots so you can't turn around and blame the front office or coaching staff cause they were all beneath KD on the totem pole. With great player empowerment, needs to come great player accountability.
    Everybody wants to make a super team, not everybody can lead one.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
      Has the time that he can pick up his player option passed? Or can he still do the smart thing and pick it up?
      Kyrie? June 29th.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
        Do we even know why this clown wants out? Jeez
        I think its more simple than we may be thinking. I see a few things that are happening when we zoom out. Kyrie publicly insulted management a few times over the past two years including suggesting that they didn't need a coach or a GM. Also Kyrie was basically a jerk when it suited him but didn't know how to ever play nice when it suits him either. He basically wants them to give him a full max contract AND have it fully guaranteed, AND he doesn't want his money/salary tied to the number of games he plays.

The nets do not trust his passion for basketball thus they are willing to offer a reported 192 million dollar contract but they want to have him play a minimum of 65 games a year, to unlock potential bonuses. They also want to have two of the years be non-guaranteed because obviously they are pissed off. He finds that insulting so he is petty enough to try to leave without working it out with them.

Basically he is being difficult but he is the primary reason why THEY are being difficult. They don't trust him. KD is trying to pressure ownership because he stands by his friend but ultimately if ownership is fed up ownership is fed up. Ownership seems to stand behind management fully from what it seems.

Kyrie could leave and take an MLE but I don't think he is THAT petty but if any player would do it ... he would do it.

Comment

• u guys still talking about the clowns in brooklyn?

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
            u guys still talking about the clowns in brooklyn?
            I'm just answering a question

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Not sure is all this talk about Kyrie to the Lakers is legit or not. Didn't he hate being in LeBrons shadow? What was all the back and fourth between them last year about?

I can't see Nets just blowing it up either. They still have Simmons and they can get some good role players for Kyrie from some team. I keep saying SAC is dumb enough.
              I don't know if Kyrie knows what Kyrie wants. Simply put, I do not think he is the most rational guy.

Comment

• looking at the roster when koloko begins a starter either fred or OG has to go to the bench or be traded. this year or next there is still a shoe to drop.

Comment

u guys still talking about the clowns in brooklyn?
                  you're still here?
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

looking at the roster when koloko begins a starter either fred or OG has to go to the bench or be traded. this year or next there is still a shoe to drop.
                    Both of their contracts will be up around time Koloko would be ready to start. It will be a good problem to have since we'll have leverage and options. Need Koloko to develop first. As it is now we shouldn't have trouble giving him plenty of bench minutes if he earns them.

Comment

looking at the roster when koloko begins a starter either fred or OG has to go to the bench or be traded. this year or next there is still a shoe to drop.
                      Koloko being a starter is about... 3 to 4 years off, best case. So... not exactly a concern.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Koloko being a starter is about... 3 to 4 years off, best case. So... not exactly a concern.
                        Yep. And if he's somehow ready to start in year 2 we'll have lots of pieces to pull off a blockbuster trade to make room for him in the starting lineup. Need to extend Fred and resign OG to another value deal.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I think its premature to talk about Koloko being a starter when the truth is he can also be out of the league in 3 or 4 years.

Summer league will be the first look at him and based on his performance there we can extrapolate where he might fit in the roster this year alone.

I do not have much expectation from Koloko contributing this season but I am more excited to see if Precious can bring his game up another level.

Comment

Koloko will be a contributor. I would keep your expectations low on the starting. 10-15 minutes a game, with solid g-league time and depending on other factors (injuries and other things) you can see that taper closer to 15 minutes more consistently. Defensively he is going to be pretty solid and offensively will have flashes here and there I think... but he isn't ready for starter minutes. Plus we have Precious who is much further along OVERALL as a player. Realistically even if you compare those two alone they each offer something unique defensively. Precious with his body control in the air when guarding guys and koloko with his ability to switch a bit but also guard in drop and have plays funnelled towards him.

Comment

• Kyrie really baited everyone. There goes any Kyrie or KD trades.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Kyrie really baited everyone. There goes any Kyrie or KD trades.

Good, this whole thing was a distraction.

Comment

Working...
                                X