No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any predictions for Raptors offseason? I think they’ll bring Boucher (2 years at 10M each) and Thad (2 years at 5M each) back, but if they do so, how much money they’ll have left to bring another free agent in, if they have any?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
      Any predictions for Raptors offseason? I think they’ll bring Boucher (2 years at 10M each) and Thad (2 years at 5M each) back, but if they do so, how much money they’ll have left to bring another free agent in, if they have any?
      We will have the full MLE which was always the only option we had to bring in outside free agents.

Comment

Any predictions for Raptors offseason? I think they’ll bring Boucher (2 years at 10M each) and Thad (2 years at 5M each) back, but if they do so, how much money they’ll have left to bring another free agent in, if they have any?
        The Raptors are above the cap.. but they'll want to try to duck the tax. I believe the ball park number to avoid the tax is $31M before resigning Thad and Chris. We have our full mid-level which is about $10.3M. We also have a bi-annual exception worth $4M but we don't have to use that and can punt it to next year (can use that once every 2 years).

Assuming Thad and Chris make $15M.. and we use the full mid-level.. we'll have a bit more than $4M so can use the bi-annual. It's possible Thad and Chris make more though.

Some of that mid-level exception might go to Koloko so that we can guarantee him for 3 years.

Of course you can only have 15 roster spots and then 2 two-way guys.

Just going through the list:

1. Pascal
        2. Fred
        3. Scottie
        4. OG
        5. Gary
        6. Precious
        7. Khem
        8. Banton
        9. Flynn
        10. Koloko
        11. Svi
        12. Boucher*
        13. Thad*
        14. Champagnie*
        15. Brooks*

Harper Jr - 2 way
        Johnson - 2 way*

We'd have to make some cuts to bring in 1 MLE guy or 2 cuts to bring in a Bi-Annual guy too. Or make a trade.

Maybe David Johnson gets cut as he was on a 2-way last year. I'm assuming Champagnie gets a guarantee contract. Svi is a guy that picked up his option but we could move or cut, but if we cut we lose $1.9M off our books. Brooks' contract is non-guaranteed so he's an easy one to cut too.

Ultimately we can't spend more than $10.3M on a free agent. S&T's are also an option to take on more salary in free agency but then we become hard capped and that makes it tough to make moves through out the year. Besides the free agent crop is underwhelming this year.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          Kyrie really baited everyone. There goes any Kyrie or KD trades.

Ha, just got done reading an article about how they couldn't find any teams interested in a S&T. Smart of Kyrie to opt in and take the big payday. If he isn't an ass and plays a full season he can get a big deal as an UFA next offseason. If Simmons plays too the Nets will be good. This makes the most sense for everyone involved.

Poor Lakers, you're still shitty.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The Raptors are above the cap.. but they'll want to try to duck the tax. I believe the ball park number to avoid the tax is $31M before resigning Thad and Chris. We have our full mid-level which is about $10.3M. We also have a bi-annual exception worth $4M but we don't have to use that and can punt it to next year (can use that once every 2 years).

Assuming Thad and Chris make $15M.. and we use the full mid-level.. we'll have a bit more than $4M so can use the bi-annual. It's possible Thad and Chris make more though.

Some of that mid-level exception might go to Koloko so that we can guarantee him for 3 years.

1. Pascal
            2. Fred
            3. Scottie
            4. OG
            5. Gary
            6. Precious
            7. Khem
            8. Banton
            9. Flynn
            10. Koloko
            11. Svi
            12. Boucher*
            13. Thad*
            14. Champagnie*
            15. Brooks*

Harper Jr - 2 way
            Johnson - 2 way*

We'd have to make some cuts to bring in 1 MLE guy or 2 cuts to bring in a Bi-Annual guy too. Or make a trade.

Maybe David Johnson gets cut as he was on a 2-way last year. I'm assuming Champagnie gets a guarantee contract. Svi is a guy that picked up his option but we could move or cut, but if we cut we lose $1.9M off our books. Brooks' contract is non-guaranteed so he's an easy one to cut too.

Ultimately we can't spend more than $10.3M on a free agent. S&T's are also an option to take on more salary in free agency but then we become hard capped and that makes it tough to make moves through out the year. Besides the free agent crop is underwhelming this year.

I think the only way you fit in a bi annual guy or a guy they really potentially like from summer league more than a mid level ... would be finding a way to get rid of svi.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

1. Pascal
              2. Fred
              3. Scottie
              4. OG
              5. Gary
              6. Precious
              7. Khem
              8. Banton
              9. Flynn
              10. Koloko
              11. Svi
              12. Boucher*
              13. Thad*
              14. Champagnie*
              15. Brooks*

Harper Jr - 2 way
              Johnson - 2 way*

I think we will cut Brooks to make room for the MLE. We're likely to use it in a guard which makes Brooks very expendable. He needed Svi to leave to be potentially safe.

Comment

• As far as I know, the Nets can now trade him at any time without his permission. I don't think Kyrie has a no trade clause.. from what I'm reading in the CBA FAQ, he would have had to been a Net for 4 years to qualify to get that no trade clause. And he's been a Net for only 3 years.

It would be hilarious if they traded him to Sacramento or something.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think we will cut Brooks to make room for the MLE. We're likely to use it in a guard which makes Brooks very expendable. He needed Svi to leave to be potentially safe.
                  I think Gary Harris could be a good get… but maybe Svi can turn in around? He’s cheaper and still only 25 years old.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I think the only way you fit in a bi annual guy or a guy they really potentially like from summer league more than a mid level ... would be finding a way to get rid of svi.
                    Bye bye Svi.

Comment

• Having a hard time picturing Thad and Boucher making a combined $15M. I'd say it will be an easy $20M+

Comment

I agree about Brooks is likely also out but it isn't 100% certain. Harris is another who may find a way to make the team but I doubt it. Svi basically takes up a spot. Actually In some ways I would argue Svi takes up Yuta's spot.

Comment

I think Gary Harris could be a good get… but maybe Svi can turn in around? He’s cheaper and still only 25 years old.
                          I thought about it I don't know about Harris any more. I have mentioned him for a minute now but I think we need a balance of playmaking and shooting. He is interesting but he has moved down on my list.

Comment

I think it's a safe bet we move on from Brooks.

We likely cut David Johnson as well, and give a camp invite the other 2-way contract (I like that Barcello kid from the videos I've seen online). Hopefully we can find a way to dump Svi to some team for a future 2nd, and then save another $1.9M in cap space and keep another roster spot open.

But of course it all depends on what Chris and Thad end up making.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I agree about Brooks is likely also out but it isn't 100% certain. Harris is another who may find a way to make the team but I doubt it. Svi basically takes up a spot. Actually In some ways I would argue Svi takes up Yuta's spot.
                              Totally forgot about Harris. Yeah we might just keep his rights like we do with De Colo.. but not actually give him a contract.

Comment

• If I'm nets, he opt in, so u can trade his ass anywhere. Listen..if u think this is gonna get better, ain't happening, imagine having him the whole year with these distractions.
                                His a Trash bucket, his not a good teamate, clown..good luck nets..lol..
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X