Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Totally forgot about Harris. Yeah we might just keep his rights like we do with De Colo.. but not actually give him a contract.
    Wrong Harris. Post was about free agent Gary Harris. Not our Scarborough Shooting Star

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Wrong Harris. Post was about free agent Gary Harris. Not our Scarborough Shooting Star
      What about Kevon Harris?! Did well in the 905, maybe we will see him in summer league.

Comment

• i am glad ben simmons and kyrie irving are doing foolishness the next CBA hopefully removes 100% guarantee contracts. for all the players missing games and getting paid. more team friendly contracts. i mean how many of these top dogs have lived up to their contracts? westbrook, beal, harden? the lebron era killed basketball ball making agents and players have too much power. some type of correction is coming. i am tired of the circus

Comment

• IMHO , I believe either Boucher or Young is traded, the offer for Boucher 3/ $25.5 Million starting @ $8 with 8% increases. Young is offered 2/$10 starting @ $5 Million. Should both take the offers that is great, if one takes the offer trade do a S & T with the other.

Two trades based on teams that want to reduce salaries for free agent openings.

The knicks want to move Alec Burks , so trade Svi for Burks, resolve the Bench SG position, Knicks opens $8.1 Million to be used to sign Brunson. Would you expand the trade Kemba + Reddish for Svi + Young. Young is a better player than Taj at basically the same price, when he is actually signed.

Additionally, the Pistons want to trade Kemba Walker , the Raptors trade Birch + Flynn. The Raptors will ask for a sweetener ( just as the Pistons received Duren as an incentive, shooting for Killian Hayes, who has been moved back with the drafting of Ivey).

These two trades will increase the salary base for 2022/23 from $114.6 Million to $123 Million. Adding Koloko and Ron Harper Jr will increase salaries $124.5 Million prior to signing of the FAs of Young and Boucher.

If either Boucher or Young express interest in signing Masai should trade the other in a larger trade. Allows for the Raptors to use the MLE financially.

Final note the trade for Kemba (1 year contract) to be utilized for the extensions of FVV and Trent Jr. for 23/24 this year providing certainty.

FVV receives an offer of $24 Million with 8% increases, providing for a 4/$110 final contract. Trent starts @ $22.5 with 6% increases for a 4/$100 Million. The net increase for 2023/24 is $ 7 Million for FVV & Trent Jr.
          Last edited by Heatdreamer; Tue Jun 28, 2022, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think we will cut Brooks to make room for the MLE. We're likely to use it in a guard which makes Brooks very expendable. He needed Svi to leave to be potentially safe.
            I think they just cut Svi given the choice.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Totally forgot about Harris. Yeah we might just keep his rights like we do with De Colo.. but not actually give him a contract.
              He's also a candidate for the second 2-way slot.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

As far as I know, the Nets can now trade him at any time without his permission. I don't think Kyrie has a no trade clause.. from what I'm reading in the CBA FAQ, he would have had to been a Net for 4 years to qualify to get that no trade clause. And he's been a Net for only 3 years.

It would be hilarious if they traded him to Sacramento or something.
                This is true but any team trading for him will be very careful to make sure he wants to be there. Teams are always careful trading for stars but Kyrie is a particularly significant risk.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm going to have a full post up soon on RHQ going through the longer term considerations for this off-season, but if they intend to keep the core together for a while, they are going to need to limit the term they offer to Boucher, Thad and any MLE signing to 2 years, and one of them to only 1 year probably, unless they think they are in tax paying contending range right away.

So, Boucher it will come down to, is another team willing to give him 3x10 or 4x10 when the Raps only offer 2x10? If so, do the Raps up their offer to say 2x15 to buy up that shorter term? What does Thad's market look like? If it's full MLE with term I doubt Raps stop him, but if it's more like full MLE for one year, Raps might offer slightly more to keep him on a one year deal. But if they offer more annually to both guys, they quickly run out of room to add someone with the MLE and stay under the tax.

Early on I'm bracing for the likely outcome to be keeping one of Boucher/Thad and using the MLE, or keeping both and using some small portion of the MLE on a lesser piece.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    I'm going to have a full post up soon on RHQ going through the longer term considerations for this off-season, but if they intend to keep the core together for a while, they are going to need to limit the term they offer to Boucher, Thad and any MLE signing to 2 years, and one of them to only 1 year probably, unless they think they are in tax paying contending range right away.

So, Boucher it will come down to, is another team willing to give him 3x10 or 4x10 when the Raps only offer 2x10? If so, do the Raps up their offer to say 2x15 to buy up that shorter term? What does Thad's market look like? If it's full MLE with term I doubt Raps stop him, but if it's more like full MLE for one year, Raps might offer slightly more to keep him on a one year deal. But if they offer more annually to both guys, they quickly run out of room to add someone with the MLE and stay under the tax.

Early on I'm bracing for the likely outcome to be keeping one of Boucher/Thad and using the MLE, or keeping both and using some small portion of the MLE on a lesser piece.
                    to me I think we need to find new homes for svi soon enough and maybe even flynn so we can hit on a bi annual exception.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      i am glad ben simmons and kyrie irving are doing foolishness the next CBA hopefully removes 100% guarantee contracts. for all the players missing games and getting paid. more team friendly contracts. i mean how many of these top dogs have lived up to their contracts? westbrook, beal, harden? the lebron era killed basketball ball making agents and players have too much power. some type of correction is coming. i am tired of the circus
                      its unfortunate honestly but you are likely right that contract guarantees will be tied to games played more often moving forward. They may actually allow for 6 year contracts.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I think they just cut Svi given the choice.
                        they may be a mistake i'd rather they combine him and someone else like flynn

Comment

• Another option for Thad: a two-year deal near the MLE with the second year only partially guaranteed. This allows Thad to get extra guaranteed money for what is likely to be a one-year overpay, while also allowing Thad to be traded to a team that wants to lower their total salary mid-season if the opportunity presents itself.

And of course, if Thad performs at that contract's level, and continued improvement from all of the young Raptors pushes us into contending range by the end of the coming season [AKA The Every Last Thing Goes Right scenario], there's nothing saying he has to be cut, either.

Something similar could be done for Chris (with a partially guaranteed third year), but I suspect the team is more interested in being able to re-sign Chris with Bird rights if the team is at or near contending status at the end of two years than it is in trading Boucher away for assets at that time.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                            IMHO , I believe either Boucher or Young is traded, the offer for Boucher 3/ $25.5 Million starting @ $8 with 8% increases. Young is offered 2/$10 starting @ $5 Million. Should both take the offers that is great, if one takes the offer trade do a S & T with the other.

Two trades based on teams that want to reduce salaries for free agent openings.

The knicks want to move Alec Burks , so trade Svi for Burks, resolve the Bench SG position, Knicks opens $8.1 Million to be used to sign Brunson. Would you expand the trade Kemba + Reddish for Svi + Young. Young is a better player than Taj at basically the same price, when he is actually signed.

Additionally, the Pistons want to trade Kemba Walker , the Raptors trade Birch + Flynn. The Raptors will ask for a sweetener ( just as the Pistons received Duren as an incentive, shooting for Killian Hayes, who has been moved back with the drafting of Ivey).

These two trades will increase the salary base for 2022/23 from $114.6 Million to $123 Million. Adding Koloko and Ron Harper Jr will increase salaries $124.5 Million prior to signing of the FAs of Young and Boucher.

If either Boucher or Young express interest in signing Masai should trade the other in a larger trade. Allows for the Raptors to use the MLE financially.

Final note the trade for Kemba (1 year contract) to be utilized for the extensions of FVV and Trent Jr. for 23/24 this year providing certainty.

FVV receives an offer of $24 Million with 8% increases, providing for a 4/$110 final contract. Trent starts @ $22.5 with 6% increases for a 4/$100 Million. The net increase for 2023/24 is $ 7 Million for FVV & Trent Jr.
                            i think boucher is a more likely sign and trade candidate. 25/3 is too low. Like I said his market value alone should fetch him 12-15. I think a team friendly deal that is realistic is 10. He isn't going to except a million dollar raise and thats it. Thad you have around the right number 5-7 is my range.

Kemba is gone so you missed the boat on that one. Also Kemba cannot defend and is a liability on that end. Reddish has a very bad attitude so no thanks. We don't want Kemba.

Also us resigning boucher and young do not effect our ability to use the MLE so if that is your reasoning then no that doesn't make sense.

You can't offer Trent money right now he is not extension eligible. Vanvleet is up for an extension butI am not giving him that level of money I think something that works out to be 26 million per is fair and just give the money flat no raises.

You have been on this trade boucher and or thad train for a while and I think Boucher is likely the one who could be traded at some point but not at this exact moment. There is no real advantage for trading him... There is no real point in us picking up Kemba Walker.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

they may be a mistake i'd rather they combine him and someone else like flynn
                              I mean, sure, but there needs to be a team that wants that.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

to me I think we need to find new homes for svi soon enough and maybe even flynn so we can hit on a bi annual exception.
                                Doing stuff to clear a BAE is usually a bad idea. You very likely aren't changing your season at all with a signing on that scale.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X