Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

I mean, sure, but there needs to be a team that wants that.
    Rockets may want to do it if they yeet Wall out of town ...oh wait they just did that

Comment

Doing stuff to clear a BAE is usually a bad idea. You very likely aren't changing your season at all with a signing on that scale.
      that is fair do they hold on to it throughout the season?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

that is fair do they hold on to it throughout the season?
        Yes. It (like the MLE) eventually starts to decrease in value after Jan 10th.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Making the rounds today!

Wrote a thing on future considerations when thinking about signings this offseason:

https://www.raptorshq.com/2022/6/28/...in-free-agency

And even got invited on a podcast, so listen in before the podcast goes under, I'm sure to have sunk them.

https://pod.link/1456611362
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Otto Porter Jr is a Raptor type player.
            He'd fit seamlessly to our positionless system.

Comment

I think they just cut Svi given the choice.
              I don't think Brooks is better than Svi, so why eat that salary for no reason? If we use the MLE on a guard, that spot is the 15th man and won't play unless major injuries happen. Financially makes more sense to cut the guy who isn't guaranteed.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I don't think Brooks is better than Svi, so why eat that salary for no reason? If we use the MLE on a guard, that spot is the 15th man and won't play unless major injuries happen. Financially makes more sense to cut the guy who isn't guaranteed.
                I mean the logic would be that Brooks is a) already better than Svi and b) at least projects to be able to play defence in their system, which Svi is completely unable to do.

Financially the most important thing is to have roster players who can contribute. If they think Brooks has a better chance of that (I definitely do), then it is better to effectively pay him 3.4M than to pay Svi 2M.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                  Otto Porter Jr is a Raptor type player.
                  He'd fit seamlessly to our positionless system.
                  For sure. Can't imagine the Warriors let him go though. Would definitely be a nice MLE addition.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I went to the spurstalk.com link:
                    https://www.spurstalk.com/dejounte-m...s-hawks-intel/

Spurs want a tonne for Murray:

There’s talk that the Spurs are looking to trade Murray for three first round draft picks. I’m told that is incorrect.

San Antonio’s asking price for Murray is four first round draft picks with little to no protections. Alternatively, the Spurs want three minimally protected first rounders and two unprotected first round pick swaps.

Still weird that he's even partially available.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I went to the spurstalk.com link:

Hawks are reported to have been talking to the Spurs about a trade. Apparently they came close too. Unless the mystery team is a new team.

Murray is a good player, but 4 picks is a lot. 3 top-5 lottery protected and no draft swaps is okay.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Hawks are reported to have been talking to the Spurs about a trade. Apparently they came close too. Unless the mystery team is a new team.

Murray is a good player, but 4 picks is a lot. 3 top-5 lottery protected and no draft swaps is okay.
                        I would push for two unprotected picks

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I went to the spurstalk.com link:

Spurs were delaying a rebuild so Pop could get the coaching wins record. As a small market, I guess they're considering going full Hinkie, like OKC. Having a guy like DeJounte Murray keeps you in no-man's land, where they've been for awhile.

Comment

I mean the logic would be that Brooks is a) already better than Svi and b) at least projects to be able to play defence in their system, which Svi is completely unable to do.

Financially the most important thing is to have roster players who can contribute. If they think Brooks has a better chance of that (I definitely do), then it is better to effectively pay him 3.4M than to pay Svi 2M.
                            I just don't see either getting court time. If we're playing Brooks 10+ minutes we are shitty. The difference between Brooks and Svi is minor. I'd also take Jalen Harris over Brooks, among other options to take that roster spot. No need to give Brooks guaranteed money.

Comment

• I think waiving svi is a bad decision because it makes it harder to get into the buy out market becuase you will be close to the tax line already with the MLE and Boucher, and Koloko, and Thad.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Spurs were delaying a rebuild so Pop could get the coaching wins record. As a small market, I guess they're considering going full Hinkie, like OKC. Having a guy like DeJounte Murray keeps you in no-man's land, where they've been for awhile.
                                Victor Wembanyama seems to be hyped up as the next generational talent, so Spurs are probably looking to tank for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X