Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

Victor Wembanyama seems to be hyped up as the next generational talent, so Spurs are probably looking to tank for him.
    It's a weird time in the NBA when good young players like SGA and Murray are getting shopped around by their rebuilding teams. It's like they can only build around superstar level guys like Duncan or KD/Harden/Westbrook.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Victor Wembanyama seems to be hyped up as the next generational talent, so Spurs are probably looking to tank for him.
      Wembanyama seems like a less athletic Porzingis, tbh. Why is he getting the generational tag?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Wembanyama seems like a less athletic Porzingis, tbh. Why is he getting the generational tag?
        less athletic in what way?

Comment

• The guy is 7'3 at age 18 with a 7'9 wing span runs the floor like a wing..

He does it all. KP was good but he was never able to have the overall post moves that early in his career in my opinion. Again though KP was good but he didn't have the offensive... "agility" like this kid. Victor is skinny but he is a very very very interesting prospect.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            less athletic in what way?
            Less coordinated and less skilled than Porzingis (at close to the same age) is probably the better way to put it. Sure, Wembanyama is a heckuva lot more coordinated than what you'd expect for his height and outrageous length, but I'm not feeling the generational buzz yet.

Comment

Less coordinated and less skilled than Porzingis (at close to the same age) is probably the better way to put it. Sure, Wembanyama is a heckuva lot more coordinated than what you'd expect for his height and outrageous length, but I'm not feeling the generational buzz yet.
              not sure if he is generational yet because its handed out way to much but he is special. I went back and watched porzingus tape and this guy is definitely more skilled in terms of his footwork in the post than porzingis or at least is displaying more of that. But fair enough.

Comment

• Wembanyama actually looks really coordinated and athletic for such a freakishly long player. Definitely could be a DPOY at some point in his career. Haven't seen much of him on offense so probably a work in progress there.

Comment

The guy is 7'3 at age 18 with a 7'9 wing span runs the floor like a wing..

He does it all. KP was good but he was never able to have the overall post moves that early in his career in my opinion. Again though KP was good but he didn't have the offensive... "agility" like this kid. Victor is skinny but he is a very very very interesting prospect.
                  Problem with KP has always been his mentality and softness. If Victor has the toughness, work ethic and mentality, he will be special.

Comment

• Wait, are you guys saying that if the Spurs trade Murray that they would automatically be the favorite for the Wembanyama sweepstakes? they still have a lot of good players. Poeltl, Johnson, Vessell, Primo, Walker and the two rookies that they just drafted + they have Pop.

The Magic are going to be the fav for the Wembanyama sweepstakes imo.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I went to the spurstalk.com link:
                      https://www.spurstalk.com/dejounte-m...s-hawks-intel/

Spurs want a tonne for Murray:

Still weird that he's even partially available.
                      Gary and pick/swap/pick would be a pretty acceptable offer from the Raps.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

not sure if he is generational yet because its handed out way to much but he is special. I went back and watched porzingus tape and this guy is definitely more skilled in terms of his footwork in the post than porzingis or at least is displaying more of that. But fair enough.
                        Not sure which highlights you're watching. KP definitely looks a lot more skilled back then than Victor is now. KP is doing quick dribble pullups from mid-range and smooth jump-shots from beyond the arc. Quite a bit more skill & coordination than Victor on offense. But yes... Victor is a much better defender. Maybe that's what the "generational" buzz is about, because I don't see it on offense.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          Wait, are you guys saying that if the Spurs trade Murray that they would automatically be the favorite for the Wembanyama sweepstakes? they still have a lot of good players. Poeltl, Johnson, Vessell, Primo, Walker and the two rookies that they just drafted + they have Pop.

The Magic are going to be the fav for the Wembanyama sweepstakes imo.
                          Just gotta be in the top 4 to have "favourite" odds at the 1st pick.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Not sure which highlights you're watching. KP definitely looks a lot more skilled back then than Victor is now. KP is doing quick dribble pullups from mid-range and smooth jump-shots from beyond the arc. Quite a bit more skill & coordination than Victor on offense. But yes... Victor is a much better defender. Maybe that's what the "generational" buzz is about, because I don't see it on offense.

I watched Victors world cup highlights.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

i'd dig it he is on a nice contract too

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

If it was just pick/swap/pick then its a no brainer for me. If its 4 picks or 3 picks and 2 swaps it's not worth it. He's a nice player but not a true difference maker.

Comment

Working...
                                X