Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I dont think Raptors showed much interest in him last season & giving the Cavs team who are now serious about defense didn't re-sign him than something was up.

Raptors did show Nic Claxton some interest last season but probably can't afford him (unless they are willing to spend around $15 mil per year) I think they should still pursue DJ Wilson who can probably get for the league minimum who did lots of things they really liked when called up.
    if they are keeping birch why do we need another center especially one who is young. I would rather stick with what we have IF you get someone else Birch leaving needs to happen asap then and you are assuming you get someone with more league experience.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

if they are keeping birch why do we need another center especially one who is young. I would rather stick with what we have IF you get someone else Birch leaving needs to happen asap then and you are assuming you get someone with more league experience.
      I suspect the scenario where they add another C via the MLE is one where they have also found a trade of Khem+ for a functional shooter off the bench.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I suspect the scenario where they add another C via the MLE is one where they have also found a trade of Khem+ for a functional shooter off the bench.
        originally I was thinking alec burk...

I will say this... I would be happy with Hartenstein but realistically I am not seeing a ton of obvious choices to grab a shooter off the bench using Khem as your base salary with Burk gone.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

originally I was thinking alec burk...

I will say this... I would be happy with Hartenstein but realistically I am not seeing a ton of obvious choices to grab a shooter off the bench using Khem as your base salary with Burk gone.
          Could still happen. Pistons took those guys to get picks, would likely happily now flip them for a slightly worse contract to get even more picks or prospects. Wonder if Flynn and Khem would work, or if they'd need to send picks. I'm sure Raps wouldn't send a first, but a 2nd, maybe along with Flynn?

Would only happen if they have a target lined up for the backup C role. But I would think their better path is to just keep Khem because you don't want a C so good that they completely bury Koloko if he's ready at some point this year and wouldn't be willing to sit. And then use the MLE or their Lowry TPE in trade sending out those picks/prospects without the matching salary going out. Trick is finding the right guy at the right price and the right term on the market. Tricky both in FA and in trade.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Could still happen. Pistons took those guys to get picks, would likely happily now flip them for a slightly worse contract to get even more picks or prospects. Wonder if Flynn and Khem would work, or if they'd need to send picks. I'm sure Raps wouldn't send a first, but a 2nd, maybe along with Flynn?

Would only happen if they have a target lined up for the backup C role. But I would think their better path is to just keep Khem because you don't want a C so good that they completely bury Koloko if he's ready at some point this year and wouldn't be willing to sit. And then use the MLE or their Lowry TPE in trade sending out those picks/prospects without the matching salary going out. Trick is finding the right guy at the right price and the right term on the market. Tricky both in FA and in trade.
            Having dug into this, I had an error on the size of the Lowry TPE, it's smaller, they have a couple TPEs of about 3.1 and 5.5M instead. Sadly can't be combined. So Burks would need to be a Khem trade, or a Boucher SnT or something.
            Last edited by DanH; Wed Jun 29, 2022, 09:28 AM. Reason: Ugh, 3.1 not 4.5.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Fred VanVleet, Raptors Expected To Sign Four-Year, $110M Extension

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/267612/Fred-VanVleet-Raptors-Expected-To-Sign-Four-Year-$120M-Extension

Comment

• A four year, $114.2M extension, to be precise, is what we should expect him to sign.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Let's go!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I think that’s a fair contract, and still gives the team room sign OG and Gary (depending on their demands)

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                      I think that’s a fair contract, and still gives the team room sign OG and Gary (depending on their demands)
                      Gary will be next summer when Fred's contract kicks in. OG and Pascal and Precious will be the summer after. But yes, that sort of deal fits with the long term planning for the core.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I think overpaying Boucher and Thad on 1 year contracts is the way to go. Give Koloko and Precious a years development, keep flexibility open next summer. We also would have two expiring contracts to move at the deadline if needed.

Comment

Gary will be next summer when Fred's contract kicks in. OG and Pascal and Precious will be the summer after. But yes, that sort of deal fits with the long term planning for the core.
                          Can we extend OG next summer?

Comment

• Now it's crucial to sign a cost-effective backup PG who can grow into the starter role, when our cap crunch Armageddon comes in a few years. Given the same opportunity as Fred, a guy like Tyus Jones would be perfect as a future replacement.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              I think that’s a fair contract, and still gives the team room sign OG and Gary (depending on their demands)
                              OG yes. Trent no.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Now it's crucial to sign a cost-effective backup PG who can grow into the starter role, when our cap crunch Armageddon comes in a few years. Given the same opportunity as Fred, a guy like Tyus Jones would be perfect as a future replacement.
                                It's pretty clear Scottie and Banton are the PGs of the future on this team. So they are your cost effective PGs who can grow into the starter role.

Fred is gonna play SG but obviously can also fill in at PG, and so can Pascal.

We need more cost effective wings who can shoot the ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X