Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

You said we need a cheap PG who can eventually take over the starting role. We don't because the PG role is firmly for Scottie and Banton moving forward.

I'd love a combo guard off the bench, but would never expect them to become our starting PG. The job is taken.
    I woudl say Banton is TBD because he may end up becoming a Wing but I doubt it I think you are correct.

A combo guard makes sense someone with a bit of playmaking and shooting.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      If they could some how swing Ayton for Gary and Khem I'd be super happy

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

28.5M per year would be the average over the contract in all likelihood, which I think is quite good. What I'm hoping for is that the entire 4 year term is locked in. Could be valuable if there is indeed a cap jump down the line.

Thad being on a two year term, even at a pretty low price, makes using the MLE or re-signing Boucher with term a bit trickier (you can do one, doing both really depends on what else you do, what raises guys get, how happy you are to pay tax as early as next season...).
        110 would be 27.5

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I woudl say Banton is TBD because he may end up becoming a Wing but I doubt it I think you are correct.

A combo guard makes sense someone with a bit of playmaking and shooting.
          Yep.

We also just extended Fred so it would be a very odd time to try and sign his future replacement.

No one we sign this offseason is going to be a future starter, they're gonna be a bench piece for a few years.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            $27.5m/year for Fred is decent value. Not great, but frankly, under $30m at this point given his production is at least better than average.

$5m/year for Thad is a steal given his ability and production, and if he agrees to that we did very well.

Breaking news: Denver trades Monte Morris and Will Barton to Washington for KCP and Ish Smith, which is a good deal for both sides. Monte Morris is the best player in the deal, but he's a starting-quality point guard on a team where Jamal Murray will be coming back and Denver isn't going to pay him what he wants next year, and Denver gets KCP and Ish, who are both plus defenders (and plus perimeter defenders at that), which is what Denver needs more. Plus KCP has finally become a serious shooting threat after years of being the shooting guard who can't shoot.
            Denver is also creating space for next off season for Jokic

Comment

Yep, so $5M per year for Thad and that would be great.

The article also says Gary Payton II can be had for the MLE.
              I would take him if goldenstate isn't going to

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I would take him if goldenstate isn't going to
                I doubt GSW isn't going to retain him.

Otto Porter on the other hand might not be & is a nice player to have off the bench for the Raptors.

Comment

You said we need a cheap PG who can eventually take over the starting role. We don't because the PG role is firmly for Scottie and Banton moving forward.

I'd love a combo guard off the bench, but would never expect them to become our starting PG. The job is taken.
                  I love Banton, but he still needs to prove that he's even an NBA player.

Comment

• The more I think about the fred price tag the more of a deal it sounds like. The Knicks are going to pay Brunson the same money on the potential he becomes FVV. All star, big contributor on a championship team. Fred is already that guy so realistically his value should be higher then Brunson. If we get the bird in the hand for the same price knicks and getting the bird in the bush we should be laughing.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Gary will be next summer when Fred's contract kicks in. OG and Pascal and Precious will be the summer after. But yes, that sort of deal fits with the long term planning for the core.
                      Well now you guys had me sold on Gary not being part of the core because we wouldn't be able to afford him and now there is a chance there is? How much can they offer him if signing OG as well?

Comment

• Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
                        Jake Fisher just reported Lillard to be offered 100 Million for a 2 year contract with the Blazers.

This makes him virtually untradeable to any team, similar to John Wall and it pays more as well
                        Depends if Dame accepts it. Hes older and I would imagine is looking for more term in what is more likely to be his last big contract.

Comment

Boucher always felt like the odd man out this offseason to me. If Thad comes back he's very expendable. I don't see enough minutes available to justify his cost.

Maybe he doesn't have suitors though and signs with us on the cheap.
                          That is the thing about boucher is we are best off if he does a sign and trade

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            The more I think about the fred price tag the more of a deal it sounds like. The Knicks are going to pay Brunson the same money on the potential he becomes FVV. All star, big contributor on a championship team. Fred is already that guy so realistically his value should be higher then Brunson. If we get the bird in the hand for the same price knicks and getting the bird in the bush we should be laughing.
                            An NBA front office should never compare themselves to what the Knicks do.

Brunson should have been signed for 4 years $55.5M, but the Mavs missed 2 opportunities to make that max extension offer.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

An NBA front office should never compare themselves to what the Knicks do.
                              The markets still the market. Brunson is using fred as his baseline for contracts. The next PG to break out is gonna use Brunson and so on.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I don't know about Freddie's extensions.
                                His 28, so all together 5 years..his gonna be 33. Not sure about this. His not a pg, a small off guard, his hurt all the time..He looks like his broken down already..Also for nba player, his not in shape, his got the Lowry Diet. Who knows..maybe in year or two he will get dealth, kind of like Derozan. Part of package for superstar.
                                I don't think this is good for Scotties development, he needs the ball..and Freddy tends 2 hold it forever and Chuck it.
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X