Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I think he fits the Raptor allure but we really need a backup combo guard. I'd only take a chance at Bamba if Boucher ends up leaving. Otherwise it doesn't really make sense to add yet another forward/center to the rotation.
    Alternatively, if they trade Khem plus prospect/pick for a guard, maybe chase Bamba with the MLE. But in either case, Boucher might be the odd one out.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Alternatively, if they trade Khem plus prospect/pick for a guard, maybe chase Bamba with the MLE. But in either case, Boucher might be the odd one out.
      Yes I like the sound of this

Comment

• Bobby Portis
        Malik Monk
        Bruce Brown
        Oladipo

are the players I am hoping they spend the MLE and BAE if they don’t make any other trades going forward.

Comment

• If Mamba is unrestricted, u go get him.
          Problem is, we need cap space..
          Mid Level ain't gonna b enough..we gotta do what Knicks did, dump some money out I believe.
          Guys like Flynn and Byrch..u gonna have 2 move them for picks..

P.S

Please no Boucher..I don't want 2 c him in raptors uniform..time 2 move on.
          Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Wed Jun 29, 2022, 01:55 PM.
          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
            If Mamba is unrestricted, u go get him.
            Problem is, we need cap space..
            Mid Level ain't gonna b enough..we gotta do what Knicks did, dump some money out I believe.
            Guys like Flynn and Byrch..u gonna have 2 move them for picks..
            With Bamba not restricted, I could see him getting the MLE. There's not that much cap room floating around.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

With Bamba not restricted, I could see him getting the MLE. There's not that much cap room floating around.
              I hope your right Dan.
              I just have feeling he will get more.
              If Raps get him for MLE, it will be blessing.
              I believe if he plays in Toronto, he will be stud.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• I signing a vet like Rubio a possibility for a short term deal? Coming off an injury and at his age he's probably not going to get offers for more than the minimum right?

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

I hope your right Dan.
                  I just have feeling he will get more.
                  If Raps get him for MLE, it will be blessing.
                  I believe if he plays in Toronto, he will be stud.
                  It will be a telling what sort of team he signs with & what player he will eventually become.

My take is that he goes to a team that gives him the most minutes & are offensive minded as well. He doesn't come off as a hard worker to me at least yet.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    I signing a vet like Rubio a possibility for a short term deal? Coming off an injury and at his age he's probably not going to get offers for more than the minimum right?
                    If Thad can get $5-6M, then so could Rubio. The issue with Rubio is he likely won't be healthy to start the season. So you'd be paying him to rehab for a couple of months.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      I signing a vet like Rubio a possibility for a short term deal? Coming off an injury and at his age he's probably not going to get offers for more than the minimum right?
                      Not in Cleveland & they like to have him back.

Comment

• Bobby Portis has some rough edges around him. We need a guy like him who can protect some of our nice guys.

Bruce Brown has an edge that may not show on a stat sheet as well.

Serge and Gasol in their own little way were guys who allowed Kawhi to be his natural dull self.

Comment

• ^ thats why i wanna keep trent. One of the few raptors with an edge. Also boucher but because hes accepted a slight home town discount and hes a hard worker he should be rewarded not cast away. Even at 29 i think he’ll still improve.

Comment

• Do we need more front court players? I love Portis and Mo Bamba would be a good signing, but you also don’t want to bury Precious and Koloko.

I still think Delon would be a good signing.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              Do we need more front court players? I love Portis and Mo Bamba would be a good signing, but you also don’t want to bury Precious and Koloko.

I still think Delon would be a good signing.
                              If Precious does continue to develop his 3 ball, which looked very good in the 2nd half of the season, he could play the 4 and Koloko and Bamba take the 5. Odd man will probably be Boucher if he re-signs.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/st...B98vrhq3XYGyGA

Potential DeAndre Ayton trade package floating around:

Suns receive: Nic Claxton, Joe Harris and maybe Cam Thomas

Nets receive: DeAndre Ayton
                                not too steep of an ask for Ayton

Comment

Working...
                                X