Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I signing a vet like Rubio a possibility for a short term deal? Coming off an injury and at his age he's probably not going to get offers for more than the minimum right?
    it will take him a long time to come back fomr that injury so december or january.

Comment

• Grange mentioned Hartenstein, Bryant and Bamba. Don't get me wrong i'm a Hartenstein fan BUT another big? we already have Birch, Koloko and Precious. We need shooting, shooting and more shooting. Is Monk realistic? he's the guy i'd like to see them target.,
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Lonnie Walker didn’t have his QO extended making him a UFA

Would be a great target for MLE

Comment

• His 3 point shooting has been streaky over his career (shot 40% three years ago but only 31% this year) but that also has to do with him taking way more pull ups. Nearly all his 3 point shots are open or wide open though so defences don’t really respect his shot regardless.

His finishing at the rim is unreal though and only getting better every year. Finished with 69% field goal percentage at the rim this season.

6’4 with a 6’10 wingspan and athletic as all hell

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            Grange mentioned Hartenstein, Bryant and Bamba. Don't get me wrong i'm a Hartenstein fan BUT another big? we already have Birch, Koloko and Precious. We need shooting, shooting and more shooting. Is Monk realistic? he's the guy i'd like to see them target.,
            Yes, Monk is possible. The Lakers can only offer taxpayer MLE so we can offer quite a bit more with the full MLE. $10.2M vs $6.3M.

I mentioned before as well Payton II is gettable with the full MLE. Otto Porter Jr. should also be available with the MLE.

It doesn't make any sense to me for us to pursue a big with the MLE unless we make some trades. There are lots of shooters available that can be poached from tax teams using our full MLE.

Comment

• I’d stay away from warriors players in all honesty. The gravity that Steph has (along with Klay and Poole) makes it way easier for everyone else offensively and they won’t have that luxury anywhere else.

GPII’s defence will translate anywhere he goes but he would quickly become a huge negative offensively if he didn’t have Steph as an outlet imo

Comment

• Don’t want to use the MLE on a big at all either unless there are trades.

Bamba was interesting before but I don’t get why we’d go for him with much bigger holes on the roster

Comment

• Bobby Marks' Ultimate 2022 NBA free agency guide is out:
                  https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/ins...s-all-30-teams

Currently viewable, but will likely go behind a paywall soon.

Toronto Raptors

Offseason transactions: Christian Koloko (second round)

What to watch: The bench.

Despite having their starting five under contract for next season, there is still work to do for the Raptors' front office.

Because Toronto puts a high premium on minutes played with their starting five, the bench has struggled. Toronto's reserves ranked last in minutes per game, points per game and 3-point field goal percentage this season.

Finding help starts with their own free agents: Thaddeus Young and Chris Boucher.

The Raptors don't have cap space, but Young and Boucher have Bird rights that allow the front office to exceed the $123 million salary cap to sign the two veterans. The Bird rights to Young were a critical component of why the Raptors acquired him from the Spurs at the 2022 trade deadline.

Those Bird rights to their own free agents and the $10.5 million midlevel exception should be enough for the Raptors to improve their bench.

What else to watch:
                  Available exceptions: $10.5 million midlevel, $4.1 million biannual, veterans minimum and trade ($5.3 million and $3.1 million)

Below the luxury tax: $36 million

Key dates:
                  • July 4: The salary protection of Dalano Banton increases from $150,000 to $300,000.
                  • Oct. 17: The last day to extend the contracts of Fred VanVleet and Pascal Siakam.
                  • Oct. 31: The deadline to exercise the third-year team option for Scottie Barnes and fourth-year team option for Precious Achiuwa.
                  Toronto Raptors Projected Depth Chart
                  F. VanVleet G. Trent Jr. O. Anunoby S. Barnes P. Siakam
                  D. Banton PG S. Mykhailiuk P P. Achiuwa
                  K. Birch
                  Other: Christian Koloko (C/PF)
                  PG: Partial guarantee
                  P: Player Option
                  Players under contract: 9

Two-way players: 0

Team needs:
                  • Versatile two-way wing
                  • Bench depth at every position

Extension eligible: Pascal Siakam (as of Oct. 1) and Fred VanVleet

Free-agent status:

Comment

• Oladipo is reportedly not expected to stay with Miami. That would be my number 1 choice with the MLE but I suspect he’ll get more than that on the open market or go to a true contender.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      I signing a vet like Rubio a possibility for a short term deal? Coming off an injury and at his age he's probably not going to get offers for more than the minimum right?
                      I could see a one year MLE being a good fit for him to rehab and then help with depth in the second half of the season.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        I’d stay away from warriors players in all honesty. The gravity that Steph has (along with Klay and Poole) makes it way easier for everyone else offensively and they won’t have that luxury anywhere else.

GPII’s defence will translate anywhere he goes but he would quickly become a huge negative offensively if he didn’t have Steph as an outlet imo
                        Pascal and Fred were doubled at a rate among the league leaders last season. I suspect guys will get open threes here.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Pascal and Fred were doubled at a rate among the league leaders last season. I suspect guys will get open threes here.
                          Maybe with a guy like Otto it could work. But GPII can’t shoot so open 3’s are kinda useless for him.

Even in the finals he’d get an open 3 and wait for Steph to relocate and screen for him instead of shooting, that works when it’s Steph but most nba guys can’t get a good shot with such little time and separation

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            Do we need more front court players? I love Portis and Mo Bamba would be a good signing, but you also don’t want to bury Precious and Koloko.

I still think Delon would be a good signing.
                            I don't see the point in signing both. I think even if you get mo bamba we should be looking at getting rid of birch...

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              Lonnie Walker didn’t have his QO extended making him a UFA

Would be a great target for MLE
                              Welp, nvm
                              “The Spurs have formally tendered a qualifying offer to Lonnie Walker worth $6.3M, making him a restricted free agent beginning tomorrow. Otherwise, he would have been unrestricted. The expectation is that Walker will fully test the free agency market.”

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

$114 is his max.. and Jake said more than $110.
                                which is 27.5

Comment

Working...
                                X