• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

which is 27.5
    114 divided by 4 is 28.5

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

Maybe with a guy like Otto it could work. But GPII can’t shoot so open 3’s are kinda useless for him.

Even in the finals he’d get an open 3 and wait for Steph to relocate and screen for him instead of shooting, that works when it’s Steph but most nba guys can’t get a good shot with such little time and separation
      Oh, I agree about GPII in specific. I just wanted to pipe in on the broader "no Warriors" concept.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Oladipo is reportedly not expected to stay with Miami. That would be my number 1 choice with the MLE but I suspect he’ll get more than that on the open market or go to a true contender.
        There are only like 3 teams that have more than the mid-level this year.

San Antonio, Orlando and Indiana. Detroit and Portland used to have some money but used most if not all of it already.

*Edit - and NY, but they're using it for Brunson

Comment

• Guys, the report could have said 100M and they'd still be signing him to the max extension. That's the number. There's no reason for Fred to settle for less, he can make much more in UFA next summer.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Oh, I agree about GPII in specific. I just wanted to pipe in on the broader "no Warriors" concept.
            Yeah, maybe no warriors is a bit harsh but I think you certainly have to apply a Steph gravity tax to every player from there offensively if that makes sense

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

There are only like 3 teams that have more than the mid-level this year.

San Antonio, Orlando and Indiana. Detroit and Portland used to have some money but used most if not all of it already.

*Edit - and NY, but they're using it for Brunson
              I think he’s probably more likely to take the full MLE from a contender than he is from us. Would be overjoyed to be wrong though, I think as far as potential value goes there isn’t a better player available for that kind of money

Comment

I think he’s probably more likely to take the full MLE from a contender than he is from us. Would be overjoyed to be wrong though, I think as far as potential value goes there isn’t a better player available for that kind of money
                Well, I'm not sure how many contenders have the full MLE. Haven't looked, but usually the top true contenders are in the tax and operating with the TPMLE. There may be a few teams with both championship aspirations and the full MLE, but there are a lot of FAs who could slot into those spots, and only one MLE per team. Most guys are going to be left having to choose one or the other.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Well, I'm not sure how many contenders have the full MLE. Haven't looked, but usually the top true contenders are in the tax and operating with the TPMLE. There may be a few teams with both championship aspirations and the full MLE, but there are a lot of FAs who could slot into those spots, and only one MLE per team. Most guys are going to be left having to choose one or the other.
                  He was on the vet min this year no?

I could conceivably see him taking TPMLE with a contender that can guarantee him a legit role over the full MLE with a non contender too. Who knows though, it’s impossible to gauge what these players’ priorities are

Comment

Here are the teams with the full mid level according to Marks' free agent guide:

Charlotte
                    Chicago
                    Cleveland
                    Houston
                    Memphis
                    Miami
                    Minnesota
                    OKC
                    Philadelphia (if Harden opts out and signs a new deal for less than max)
                    Phoenix (if Ayton is out)
                    Portland
                    Sacramento
                    Toronto
                    Washington

So not a huge list. Some bad teams (Houston, Sacramento). Many with guards already. We'll see where he goes.. I'd personally be surprised if he doesn't just go back to Miami.

Comment

• Memphis would be an interesting spot for him. They could use the guard depth after getting rid of Melton as well

Comment

• afternoon raptor republic “Can I kick it” with you guys for a minute. it’s off-season and so much to talk about with the raptors but i got to get this off my chest. what is up with the podcasts in this city? seriously.
                        1 every single podcast talks about the same thing piggy back off national media content.
                        2 the girls on these podcast i am sorry but if your not talking basketball come off the podcast your content sucks bad.
                        3. i am starting to think if you are not old enough to have seen at minimum the jordan era you shouldn’t be talking basketball.
                        4. i like blake and there is one girl who played ball that actually have in-depth thought process on basketball. there is one more guy but can’t remember his name who is decent.

constructive criticism go do your home work, i actually want to support.

Comment

Memphis would be an interesting spot for him. They could use the guard depth after getting rid of Melton as well
                          They may also lose Anderson in free agency (although he's more of a wing). Tyus Jones is also a free agent, but I think they'll bring him back.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

They may also lose Anderson in free agency (although he's more of a wing). Tyus Jones is also a free agent, but I think they'll bring him back.
                            anderson is extremely unrated i don’t know if he will fit with OG still on the roster but damn it would be nice to get him

Comment

I’d stay away from warriors players in all honesty. The gravity that Steph has (along with Klay and Poole) makes it way easier for everyone else offensively and they won’t have that luxury anywhere else.

GPII’s defence will translate anywhere he goes but he would quickly become a huge negative offensively if he didn’t have Steph as an outlet imo
                              Yep. Also gotta be careful of guys from certain teams that run systems that make certain role players appear better than they actually are. Bud's Hawks & Bucks, Mike D'Antoni teams and Spo's Heat come to mind.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                Grange mentioned Hartenstein, Bryant and Bamba. Don't get me wrong i'm a Hartenstein fan BUT another big? we already have Birch, Koloko and Precious. We need shooting, shooting and more shooting. Is Monk realistic? he's the guy i'd like to see them target.,
                                Not just shooting. We also need shot self-creation ability and guys who can create easy buckets for others. In a nutshell, we need more talented offensive players. Not more defense-first guys with stone hands... who we don't even use to their defensive potential anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X