Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 picks and a pick swap isn’t worth it for us imo

For Atlanta it makes more sense seeing as they don’t really have a core outside of Trae but for us I’d only be giving that kind of offer for a superstar or someone who can become a superstar, neither group would include Dejounte imo

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

It's a young core at least. If they can trade for Ayton they should be good for many years.
      Yeah I mean they are going all in for it & if you have Trae & Dejounte on the same team well that makes it one of the most dangerous backcourts in the entire league (Maxey & Harden need to step aside..)

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Three first round picks and a pick swap. That would screw us pretty hard long term.
        Hold on sec, it's 3 first rd picks...omg..lol..
        Yeah..Spurs did good, plus free up money.
        I thought it was one first rd pick and Gallinari.
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
          Are spurs on crack?
          Where was Masai....they gave him away..wow..
          I personally wanted Dejounte Murray but I think the Spurs objective this season is to tank and increase their chances of getting Victor.

… they dont want any of our high salaried players to match Murray’s. However, if they made an offer to Masai by taking VanVleet, Masai is not doing dirty VanVleet because most likely Spurs will eventually waive him down the road just like their intentions with the newly acquired Gallo. That would be rough, Masai has some personal connections with his players.

Masai will pay first VanVleet, reward him on what he deserves and could use him as a tradeable asset to get a star if the opportunity presents itself.

I am ok with that.

Dejounte Murray and Scottie Barnes could have been a nice pairing though but the ship has sailed, on to the next one.

Comment

• The picks are reportedly Charlotte's 2023 first round pick (top-16 protected) and Atlanta's 2025 and 2027 picks (unprotected)

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Yeah I mean they are going all in for it & if you have Trae & Dejounte on the same team well that makes it one of the most dangerous backcourts in the entire league (Maxey & Harden need to step aside..)
              Yeah but what I mean is if they nab Ayton, they have 3 core guys all under 25 that are really good. Not one of those guys are in their prime yet so not all in yet. They have a looooong window.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I personally wanted Dejounte Murray but I think the Spurs objective this season is to tank and increase their chances of getting Victor.

… they dont want any of our high salaried players to match Murray’s. However, if they made an offer to Masai by taking VanVleet, Masai is not doing dirty VanVleet because most likely Spurs will eventually waive him down the road just like their intentions with the newly acquired Gallo. That would be rough, Masai has some personal connections with his players.

Masai will pay first VanVleet, reward him on what he deserves and could use him as a tradeable asset to get a star if the opportunity presents itself.

I am ok with that.

Dejounte Murray and Scottie Barnes could have been a nice pairing though but the ship has sailed, on to the next one.
                Do you like Mitchell?

Comment

• we should chase lu dort now that he is an RFA

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                    we should chase lu dort now that he is an RFA
                    Not happening.

The only reason OKC did this was for Dort benefit as it was agreed upon by both parties that the paltry $1.9 million he was due next season was an insult. They are simply going to restructure his entire deal to one that will benefit all parties long term. That's the right way to do it, unlike the Mavs who forced Brunson to take a long term/low paying contract & now that he is a free agent can put his middle finger to them when he signs with the Knicks for $30 million per year.

Comment

we should chase lu dort now that he is an RFA
                      Lu Dort would likely be a good fit for/with us, but I would be a little surprised if OKC didn't match any MLE-level offer, like ours would be.

Comment

Do you like Mitchell?
                        Next in line to pair with Scottie, my personal opinion is Lamelo Ball

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

It's a young core at least. If they can trade for Ayton they should be good for many years.
                          If they trade for Ayton they won't be able to afford their core without paying huge tax bill.

Draft picks are the only way to keep costs down, you need contributors on rookie deals.

Murray is up for a new deal after 2024 season, that's when they will be screwed assuming they sign Ayton to a max.

They've got 2 years to go for it now though, might as well go for it.
                          Last edited by Primer; Wed Jun 29, 2022, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Do you like Mitchell?
                            Davion Mitchell maybe. King grabbed another guard and still have fox. I'd be worth it to try and steal him from the kings and try to hit a home run.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Davion Mitchell maybe. King grabbed another guard and still have fox. I'd be worth it to try and steal him from the kings and try to hit a home run.
                              Donovan

Davion will have physical limitations

Comment

• DiVizenso is now a FA.
                                He'd be nice

Comment

Working...
                                X