Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

Knicks -Cam Reddish for Svi + 2nd pick this is a salary dump.

Sign & Trade Boucher for Oladipo instead of Payton as he is a more capable Combo Guard, though he still plays a strong defensive game.

Birch + Flynn for Alec Burks from the Pistons

Dallas is negotiating with Goran Dragic for the PG. Remember there is Spencer Dinwiddie.

FVV, Trent Jr., OG, Barnes, Siakam -$99.85 Million
    Oladipo $8 Million, Burks $10 Million, Cam Reddish $5.95, Thad Young-2/$10 Million, Precious -$2.8 ($32 Million)
    Brooks, Banton, Champagnie, Koloko. $5.8 Million -$138 Million for 2022/23.

You could sign Drummond to step up against the Embid, or even better is sign Hartenstein from the Clippers, they have extended Zubacs, and spending monies on Wall, their team salary may surpass the GSW!,

Much better 2nd Team and prefer more experienced and mature players that can handle playing as the backup and replacement for injuries and that can provide solid minutes for the Core!

Then the next year 2023/24 the increases to Fred and Trent Jr. would total $8 Million dollars other team players such as OG, Siakam of around $4 Million.
    Cam reddish has had major attitude issues at two spots already so h ard pass. I don't think birch and flynn are what we want because I think the pistons want to try to work a sign and trade for ayton sttill using some of the new york assets.

We can just isgn oladipo straight up no need to do some weird manuver.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

gobert would be perfect now that we got koloko. gobert is 29 same age as our older guys and we have a back up to learn. u secure now and the future.
      if his contract was less i'd dig it

Comment

• is it just me but i almost feel like fred may get moved

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

if his contract was less i'd dig it
          we will not be signing any big time free agents so i wouldn’t worry too much i don’t want to pay fred that money

Comment

• Happy Free Agency Day everyone!

Love this time of year. 6pm is when the show starts, but we'll likely get leaks all through the day.

Comment

• Miles Bridges starts off free agency with a bang

Hope that woman is okay.. but right before free agency? This guy is going to get no offers.

Comment

we will not be signing any big time free agents so i wouldn’t worry too much i don’t want to pay fred that money
                I'm pretty sure that Fred's extension is a sign that we are planning to keep Fred, not trade him - and Fred's extension gives us some of the cost certainty we need to try to maintain our full starting lineup or equivalent talent until the possibility of a salary cap increase concurrent with future TV revenue.

Also, we may be monitoring the availability of Gobert, but the price would likely need to come down (on the salary side) to something like OG [presumably] + Boucher S+T + Birch for us to not be opening up more holes in our lineup. (I don't think trading Gary and keeping OG in this scenario would give us quite enough salary to match Gobert, but I could be wrong.)

Please note that adding Fred to the Toronto side of a Gobert trade is pretty unrealistic, not only because we'd be opening a major hole in our guard position(s) when we already have a surplus of forwards, but even more so because Utah trading Gobert would mean they're keeping Mitchell.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

I'm pretty sure that Fred's extension is a sign that we are planning to keep Fred, not trade him - and Fred's extension gives us some of the cost certainty we need to try to maintain our full starting lineup or equivalent talent until the possibility of a salary cap increase concurrent with future TV revenue.

Also, we may be monitoring the availability of Gobert, but the price would likely need to come down (on the salary side) to something like OG [presumably] + Boucher S+T + Birch for us to not be opening up more holes in our lineup. (I don't think trading Gary and keeping OG in this scenario would give us quite enough salary to match Gobert, but I could be wrong.)

Please note that adding Fred to the Toronto side of a Gobert trade is pretty unrealistic, not only because we'd be opening a major hole in our guard position(s) when we already have a surplus of forwards, but even more so because Utah trading Gobert would mean they're keeping Mitchell.
                  We're in an era of basketball where teams need multiple stars to compete for a title. I just can't see Utah moving Gobert so they can team up Mitchell with OG as the main piece coming back.

Comment

• I also don’t think that moves the needle enough for us. Gobert isn’t worth OG+

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

We're in an era of basketball where teams need multiple stars to compete for a title. I just can't see Utah moving Gobert so they can team up Mitchell with OG as the main piece coming back.
                      I agree with both this and what Saints91 said, but my posts in general are already too long. :-)

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        I also don’t think that moves the needle enough for us. Gobert isn’t worth OG+
                        Well depends what the plus is. Gobert is the better player imo and more importantly is at a position of need for the Raps. We have some duplication of OG between Scottie and Pascal.

And then there's Gobert's contract as well.

Comment

• This seems like a good deal for all 3 teams:

Ayton to Pacers
                          Turner to Raptors
                          Trent & Birch to Suns

Comment

• Great deal for Pacers, good deal for Raps, Suns get worse at C and some duplication with Trent.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

did u see fred in the playoffs he got torched not worth that money

Comment

did u see fred in the playoffs he got torched not worth that money
                                he was injured.. I don't think his defence will be the issue in the playoffs the problem will be on offence he will have the same problem lowry and demar had against bigger longer players like George Hill.

Comment

Working...
                                X