Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

lol when u said O i was like i forgot i stoped calling OG and just called him O lmao
    Dont get your hopes up grindhouse, Masai ain’t just trading OG for the sake of trading him. Because no.7/ Hart did not move the needle for him the past week.

As I said, OG is the deal maker/ dealbreaker on any trade for Masai. He still has the leverage.

Comment

• Its starting to sound like mgmt knows this organic growth idea isnt gonna work. Hope so. Only guys I wanna keep are trent, pascal and barnes. I really think we’ll regret trading trent

Comment

please get this done
        This seems a realistic option to get Gobert

To Utah:
        OG
        Trent
        Boucher
        Khem

To Toronto:
        Gobert
        O'Neale

Raps Starting Lineup post trade:
        Scottie
        Fred
        Pascal
        Precious
        Gobert

Raps Bench Post Trade:
        O'Neale
        Young
        Banton
        Koloko
        Flynn
        Svi
        MLE
        Min Contract
        Min Contract

O'Neale is signed for this year and next at just under $10M which is good value. His contract is same length as Khem but $3M more per year.

We unload 2 guys up for big raises in OG and Trent. Their 2 contracts would add up to more than Gobert's deal for sure. So that offsets the Gobert contract.

Boucher would likely cost $10M+ to bring back so we save on that too.

This has us at roughly $138M in salary for 2022-23 season, and the luxury tax is projected at $149M so we are well under and won't pay tax.

We backload Fred's new deal and Koloko's deal to stay under the luxury tax in 2023-24. Also ideally find someone to take Flynn off our hands for cash or a 2nd or something to give us even more room in 2023-24 to bring back Banton.

This works salary wise and doesn't screw us long term. In 2024-25 we'd only have 3 guys under contract for sure in Fred, Scottie, and Gobert. New TV deal kicks in the 2025-26 season where the cap will go WAY up. So we can backload any extensions we sign in 2024 to make the math work going forward.

I wouldn't give Utah any picks here, a pick swap at best. I don't think they'll get any better offers for Gobert. They get 2 really good young players that fit right in with Mitchell's timeline in OG and Trent, and they get nice bench piece in Boucher plus Khem can fill in some C duty for them. Masai plays hardball and this is the offer, take it or leave it.

Trent isn't in our future and it sounds like OG wants more money and a bigger role then we're likely to give, so this is us making the move while OG is at MAX value and bringing back the defensive star piece we want in Gobert.

We'd definitely have the best defense in the NBA. Scottie, Pascal, and Fred do the bulk of the scoring, Precious continue to hit his open 3's to spread the floor, and Gobert hammers down lobs and cleans up and misses with slams as well.

Off the bench O'Neale provides excellent shooting, Banton and Young playmaking, and Koloko more defense. The MLE is our microwave scorer, Malik Monk perhaps?

I would not be mad if we did this deal.
        Last edited by Primer; Thu Jun 30, 2022, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• I'm not as confident as you are that we can sustain a decent offense with that starting line up. Only proven 3 pt threat is Fred.

Comment

we have guards just missing the SG why is everyone hating on banton he is home town or is it cause he is from the hood?
            I like Banton a lot - everything about him except his shot. I think I got a better shot

Comment

we have guards just missing the SG why is everyone hating on banton he is home town or is it cause he is from the hood?
              If we trade GTJ, we're likely going to need another guard to replace him and his heavy minutes, and Dalano ain't there yet.

Much as I like Banton, he's not ready for starter minutes yet, and might wind up being a Small Forward if we go small.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

I like Banton a lot - everything about him except his shot. I think I got a better shot
                come on bro he shot very well forget college

Comment

• In a deal for gobert og, trent and bouch are all guys that can handle the heat and dont get flustered under pressure. Great playoff guys

Comment

• these trade rumours got me hyped

Comment

come on bro he shot very well forget college
                      41 fg% 26% from deep. And most of his shots made were close shots on drives to the basket. His jump shots are baaad.

Comment

• But I wouldnt trade him if he ever gets a shot he could be phenomenal

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I guess there is mutual interest by both teams to acquire players they needed.

Gobert and Royce to Raptors

Trent and S/T of Boucher/ Thad plus others to Utah…..

BUT could OG the deal breaker/ deal maker on either side?

this could be a massive deal, we will know soon
                          If we're going 2 get Golbert.
                          Gary is the guy that has 2 go, not OG..just bc..Gary next year will opt out and he will be gone, OG we still have him for more than few years at decent money, plus his better player. It would have 2 be sign and trade with Boucher..just 2 match money.
                          If Utah wants boucher that is.
                          Golbert better learn 2 shoot the 3..if his gonna play on this squad..
                          I have mix feeling about this, if it happens.

P.S

It better not be OG and Trent.
                          I will be first calling out Masai 2 get fired, I don't care if u brought a chip, that would be the dumbest trade ever..worse than Vince Carter trade....that brings bad memories...
                          Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Thu Jun 30, 2022, 01:04 PM.
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

If we're going 2 get Golbert.
                            Gary is the guy that has 2 go, not OG..just bc..Gary next year will opt out and he will be gone, OG we still have him for more than few years at decent money, plus his better player. It would have 2 be sign and trade with Boucher..just 2 match money.
                            If Utah wants boucher that is.
                            Golbert better learn 2 shoot the 3..if his gonna play on this squad..
                            I have mix feeling about this, if it happens.
                            yes doc get on board twin towers bro

Comment

• i am fine with keeping O but that mean fred is the odd man out

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

100%
                                Organic growth is more than possible with Barnes and Trent. Its going to be expected I suspect.

By inert I meant that management is not actively looking to move off the status quo. What the Raps have on the depth chart now will hopefully be augmented by more depth at PG (maybe someone who Nurse will play) and probably another wing with size and length.
                                Then thats it. Not much else they can do save for a trade.

We will hear the same kinda stuff we usually hear at the pressers. Some variation of the "we believe in our guys" theme. But with the draft in the rear view mirror its now more wait and see till the deadline now.
                                Prescient or cynical ?

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/...pJAs1yo-zdhRGQ
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X