Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post

Nope! I just don’t want a Gobert sized trade. We need to add to our bench, that was our biggest issue last year. Our starters can’t play those minutes again.

I have faith that the core we have now will grow into a contender…
    Agreed
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      Masai already said "the core is the core" at the year-end presser, heading into the off-season, so I wasn't expecting much to happen... other than Fred cashing in.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Masai already said "the core is the core" at the year-end presser, heading into the off-season, so I wasn't expecting much to happen... other than Fred cashing in.
        they going to regret this if this is the case

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

What else would he say? “Be prepared, I’m trading part of the core”

DeRozan elaborated on how the move went down. Despite some assurances from Ujiri that he would not get traded as recently as two days before the move happened, DeRozan was still traded away.
          Masai may have learned his lesson from that experience so he may not repeat it and do dirty his players. However, if it is something that would tip the scale to his favor, he will do it again.

Comment

• Some people here just make me laugh. They think FVV is "trash" but somehow think they can get a star player like Gobert for him.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Some people here just make me laugh. They think FVV is "trash" but somehow think they can get a star player like Gobert for him.

you are so gullible…

Where the post did it say that VanVleet is trash? Grindhouse said he is overrated.

you are the only saying trash to players like Trent and rest of the Warriors not named Steph and Wiggins

If Utah thinks that VanVleet is the next Stockton, they will trade Gobert in a heartbeat. Our opinions does not mean shit to Masai or Utah.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

If we're going 2 get Golbert.
                Gary is the guy that has 2 go, not OG..just bc..Gary next year will opt out and he will be gone, OG we still have him for more than few years at decent money, plus his better player. It would have 2 be sign and trade with Boucher..just 2 match money.
                If Utah wants boucher that is.
                Golbert better learn 2 shoot the 3..if his gonna play on this squad..
                I have mix feeling about this, if it happens.

P.S

It better not be OG and Trent.
                I will be first calling out Masai 2 get fired, I don't care if u brought a chip, that would be the dumbest trade ever..worse than Vince Carter trade....that brings bad memories...
                We need to send out 2 big guaranteed salaries because of how big Gobert's deal is. So if no OG then you gotta send out Fred or Pascal. Boucher isn't on the books for the future so tossing him in does nothing to help our cap situation next year, we need to send out guaranteed money, not free agents.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Agreed
                  Why would Masai gut the core for a star centre while he escaped like a bandit when he took Kawhi (top 5 player) for a whole lot less than what the Jazz want for Gobert?! If the price is steep for Gobert than you hang up the phone.

It's the Jazz that are in stressed to trade Gobert not the Raptors.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Why would Masai gut the core for a star centre while he escaped like a bandit when he took Kawhi (top 5 player) for a whole lot less than what the Jazz want for Gobert?! If the price is steep for Gobert than you hang up the phone.

It's the Jazz that are in stressed to trade Gobert not the Raptors.
                    Do you consider sending out OG and Trent gutting the core?

To me Trent is clearly not part of the core, he's gonna be dealt at some point, we don't have space to resign him and keep everyone else.

OG is a core guy, but we'd be bringing in a new core guy in Gobert, so core stays the same size, and therefore not gutted.

Comment

• MLE? team option on the second year? Or Boucher/ Thad in a S/T (longer term than just 2 years) as the Heat would need another forward with PJ Tucker possibly leaving. If a S/T, Raps would still have the MLE.

he will be a legit scoring punch off the bench who can do a dual role in the backcourt, when healthy, he can make a difference.

to add: VanVleet if staying would have a more manageable workload and not again lead the league in minutes played with Dipo around
                      Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Thu Jun 30, 2022, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• I'd rather Ayton over Gobert. Ayton fits more closely with our timeline I think.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

MLE? team option on the second year? Or Boucher/ Thad in a S/T (longer term than just 2 years) as the Heat would need another forward with PJ Tucker possibly leaving. If a S/T, Raps would still have the MLE.

he will be a legit scoring punch off the bench who can do a dual role in the backcourt, when healthy, he can make a difference.

to add: VanVleet if staying would have a more manageable workload and not again lead the league in minutes played with Dipo around
                          He's got 0% chance of starting here so I don't see it. Who do you start him over?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

He's got 0% chance of starting here so I don't see it. Who do you start him over?
                            Any move like this though could just be a follow up move if the Raptors are firm in moving two starters to acquire Gobert or Ayton.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Any move like this though could just be a follow up move if the Raptors are firm in moving two starters to acquire Gobert or Ayton.
                              So if we did my proposed Gobert trade start him over Precious? I guess that could work.

Comment

• Did a thread on what an Ayton SnT could look like, copied here:

FYI, from yesterday, a thread on how Ayton to Raps could work. This step in the thread is where I went down the BYC demonstration rabbit hole, but then later noted that due to a TPE the Raptors have from the Dragic trade, they can actually absorb Craig's contract separately.

If they really do want to max out Ayton (him coming in cheaper makes it all a little easier), the final deal could look like this: Ayton ($30.9M), Craig ($5.1M) for Trent Jr ($17.5M), Birch ($6.7M), Svi ($1.9M)

And the math works like this: Raptors need to send out $24.65M to bring in Ayton's salary. Trent, Birch and Svi add up to $26.05M, so plenty. Raptors use Dragic-Thad TPE ($5.25M) to absorb Craig ($5.1M).

From Suns' side, they can only use $15.46M of Ayton's salary to match, so their outgoing is $20.58M with Craig. That allows up to $25.83M absorbed. That will cover Trent and Birch ($24.2M). Svi is a minimum salary player and can be absorbed using the minimum salary exception.

Add picks from Raptors to Suns as needed for value. But if Ayton is threatening to take the QO, might not need too much extra value beyond Gary. Maybe a protected 1st and a 2nd or some such.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X