No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure why but I'm warming up to some sort of a Gobert/OG trade. Each team is trading from their strength (or a distressed asset for the former). I was worried about the contract but something Will Lou mentioned on his show the other day is that there is likely a big jump in the cap in a few years with the new tv deal. We can probably fit everyone in with maybe one year in the luxury tax. Scottie can throw passes over everybody. Gobert can catch passes over everybody. Done. . Still makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

Comment

• I thought you couldn’t combine players and the TPE (and picks) out going. It’s basically the TPE can be used to absorb another players salary.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        I thought you couldn’t combine players and the TPE (and picks) out going. It’s basically the TPE can be used to absorb another players salary.
        That's right. That's exactly what is happening in the example above. The TPE is used to absorb a player's salary.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Not sure why but I'm warming up to some sort of a Gobert/OG trade. Each team is trading from their strength (or a distressed asset for the former). I was worried about the contract but something Will Lou mentioned on his show the other day is that there is likely a big jump in the cap in a few years with the new tv deal. We can probably fit everyone in with maybe one year in the luxury tax. Scottie can throw passes over everybody. Gobert can catch passes over everybody. Done. . Still makes me throw up in my mouth a little.
          Who's guarding the other team's best player?

And where is our knock down shooter!!!
          That's supposed to be the priority, even over a star big.
          Last edited by Kagemusha; Thu Jun 30, 2022, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Who's guarding the other team's best player?
            Scottie, Pascal, Gobert, Precious or Fred.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Not sure why but I'm warming up to some sort of a Gobert/OG trade. Each team is trading from their strength (or a distressed asset for the former). I was worried about the contract but something Will Lou mentioned on his show the other day is that there is likely a big jump in the cap in a few years with the new tv deal. We can probably fit everyone in with maybe one year in the luxury tax. Scottie can throw passes over everybody. Gobert can catch passes over everybody. Done. . Still makes me throw up in my mouth a little.
              not 6 pm yet let’s gooooooooooo

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

We still need a Wiggins type player.
                or a Marcus Smart.
                A legit 3D guy that can stick to his man like glue and limit his production.

That can't be Scottie or Pascal coz you're tiring them out.
                Last edited by Kagemusha; Thu Jun 30, 2022, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• SG is easier to find than center and with gobert and koloko we can go small go big whatever i am so ready MU is in the batter box warming up!!!!

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

you are so gullible…

Where the post did it say that VanVleet is trash? Grindhouse said he is overrated.

you are the only saying trash to players like Trent and rest of the Warriors not named Steph and Wiggins

If Utah thinks that VanVleet is the next Stockton, they will trade Gobert in a heartbeat. Our opinions does not mean shit to Masai or Utah.
                    Why are you so defensive? I wasn't talking about you.

Oh well....
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

or a Marcus Smart.

Scottie, Precious & Pascal can share the load by switching everything, so it's even better. Depending on size, Fred & Gobert could also switch onto a few coverages.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Why would Masai gut the core for a star centre while he escaped like a bandit when he took Kawhi (top 5 player) for a whole lot less than what the Jazz want for Gobert?! If the price is steep for Gobert than you hang up the phone.

It's the Jazz that are in stressed to trade Gobert not the Raptors.
                        Exactly
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

or a Marcus Smart.

One kink as well and it’s not just a minor one, the opposing team will blitz VanVleet all night long and leaving Siakam, Scottie to nail those threes so any move will also be dependent on how much Scottie will improve his range. Pascal to me is what Pascal can offer all of his career as a Raptor.

this would result to VanVleet jacking up shots after shots until he reaches a point that either he win us the game or loses us the game TOTALLY dependent on his accuracy. We live and die of his shots….

In short….back to the #igot us ERA

that’s the fear of losing Trent and OG

interesting how this would pan out…

or Masai may just stay put and improve the team by using the MLE and BAE
                          Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Thu Jun 30, 2022, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

MLE? team option on the second year? Or Boucher/ Thad in a S/T (longer term than just 2 years) as the Heat would need another forward with PJ Tucker possibly leaving. If a S/T, Raps would still have the MLE.

he will be a legit scoring punch off the bench who can do a dual role in the backcourt, when healthy, he can make a difference.

to add: VanVleet if staying would have a more manageable workload and not again lead the league in minutes played with Dipo around
                            Dipo hasn't the same since that weird injury he sustained.

Comment

• The risks with a Gobert trade are very real. At that salary and with his offensive limitations (which are oversold at times but still very real), you have to be making a bet that the defence you can put on the floor will be historic. You don't make that bet by trading OG.

You pour everything else you have into the deal to keep your core of win-now players (Fred, Pascal, OG) and Scottie. Ideally you keep Precious for a different look off the bench, but you don't let him be the piece to stop a deal.

Let me try to see how a deal could work.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Why would Masai gut the core for a star centre while he escaped like a bandit when he took Kawhi (top 5 player) for a whole lot less than what the Jazz want for Gobert?! If the price is steep for Gobert than you hang up the phone.

It's the Jazz that are in stressed to trade Gobert not the Raptors.
                                Indeed. This thankfully isn't NYC.

Comment

Working...
                                X