Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Dipo hasn't the same since that weird injury he sustained.
    this could happen too…unfortunately

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Why would Masai gut the core for a star centre while he escaped like a bandit when he took Kawhi (top 5 player) for a whole lot less than what the Jazz want for Gobert?! If the price is steep for Gobert than you hang up the phone.

It's the Jazz that are in stressed to trade Gobert not the Raptors.
      It's pretty clear that all the trade noise is coming from teams who want our players, not vice-versa. Or trying to create a market for their own players. If those teams aren't putting forth a Godfather offer, then "the core is the core" like Masai said heading into the off-season.

Comment

• Shams and Woj both reporting that Durant has requested a trade.

Comment

• This is what I want..... CHAOS!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            The risks with a Gobert trade are very real. At that salary and with his offensive limitations (which are oversold at times but still very real), you have to be making a bet that the defence you can put on the floor will be historic. You don't make that bet by trading OG.

You pour everything else you have into the deal to keep your core of win-now players (Fred, Pascal, OG) and Scottie. Ideally you keep Precious for a different look off the bench, but you don't let him be the piece to stop a deal.

Let me try to see how a deal could work.
            Does OG and Precious for Gobert work?

Comment

• Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                Shams and Woj both reporting that Durant has requested a trade.
                Atlanta: D'oh!

Phoenix: (looks nervously at Durant, then at Ayton, then at Sarver, then at Durant...)

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  This is what I want..... CHAOS!

Enter Masai.

Comment

• Wow….this changes everything

Comment

• Gobert (38.2M)

for

Trent, Khem, Precious, Svi, Brooks (30.6M)

...plus picks as needed. Probably lots of picks.

Utah sheds 8M and might be able to dodge the tax. Can potentially cut and replace Svi or Brooks (though Brooks' salary would need to be guaranteed to complete the deal). Get a stop gap C and a prospect C and two potential end of bench shooters. And of course get Trent to likely play SF for them beside Mitchell and Conley.

Very hard to expand this to include O'Neale unless it's a Boucher SnT for him. Would be easier than a simple Boucher for O'Neale swap since the big Gobert salary washes out any BYC concerns for Boucher, but with them so near the tax I doubt they'd want to give Boucher more than they are paying O'Neale...
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Enter Masai.
                        Scottie should be the only untouchable.

If they want Siakam + FVV + a couple of 1st. Do it.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I would trade anyone except Scottie for KD

Comment

• Oh, we're back to KD now?
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• My stance on this has not changed btw. I'm not trading Scottie Barnes for Kevin Durant.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Do you consider sending out OG and Trent gutting the core?

To me Trent is clearly not part of the core, he's gonna be dealt at some point, we don't have space to resign him and keep everyone else.

OG is a core guy, but we'd be bringing in a new core guy in Gobert, so core stays the same size, and therefore not gutted.

To you Trent isnt part of the core, to the Raptors he may yet prove he is a very important piece. We don't know yet what Masai is going to do with GTJ but to me he is a good 3 pointer SG that is improving and those are not easy to find. I think GTJ play this season will determine his future here before the trade deadline.

OG is a core guy period.

Gobert gives me a whole bunch of Turkoglu vibes that he comes here as a star player to demand the ball in his hands more, could be a chemistry killer.

Comment

Working...
                                X