X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what have I missed so far

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      If Phoenix is his preferred destination, he likely will be traded there, they have the pieces for it. Ayton, Bridges and 3 picks is a damn good deal for KD.
      Is it? I don't think so. Phoenix sends out a guy they clearly do not want in Ayton, who is demanding a max deal no one wants to pay him, and Bridges who is basically a journeyman at this point.

If I'm Brooklyn I want Booker or no deal.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Totally agree, but they just came off the long rebuild post KG and Pierce. They were supposed to contend for years to come and they are right back at square one now. Might be tough to sell ownership on another long rebuild.
        I guess it depends who they get back in the KD and Kyrie trades.

For example, if they hypothetically trade KD to the Suns for Ayton and Bridges, thats not a bad way to restart a rebuild. They don't have to fully tank.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

He does not have a no trade clause. So no.
          I have this feeling again, same feeling I felt on July 18, 2018

I blame Masai

Comment

• They won't do it but it would be hilarious if they trade him to a team he really doesn't want to go to
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              what have I missed so far
              I literally went out for a 5 minute walk to get away from refreshing Twitter every 10 seconds. That’s it. No more fresh air.

Comment

• KD apparently has Miami on his wishlist, but Heat can't trade Bam according to a rule, so Miami is out the window.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

I literally went out for a 5 minute walk to get away from refreshing Twitter every 10 seconds. That’s it. No more fresh air.
                  I spent the start of my workday mapping out Raptors salary by year in excel if we traded for Gobert and O'Neale. No time for fresh air today.

Comment

say it with me

FUCK FRESH AIR

Comment

• I think if you are trading for KD, some things to consider:

a) You HAVE to win right away. KD is likely approaching a decline. Now now now. That's the name of the game. So try to keep Fred and Pascal if at all possible.

b) The Nets are not going to want just anything. They are going to be trying to pivot their roster to fit around Simmons, the other guy they traded from their core, and probably with an eye on a post-Kyrie reality as well. That means guys that shoot, not guys that operate in the paint, and it means guys that are in their early 20's, not guys in their late 20's.

c) Our key potential trade pieces are all up for UFA relatively soon, so no matter who you pick there, the Nets will be relying on being able to re-sign these guys, so there's not much advantage to one set of guys or another.

d) You do not trade Scottie Barnes.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'd say Kyrie to the Lakers (if we've learned anything in the past few years, stars go where they want to go)
                        And KD? Back to OKC for a boatload of picks? Cupcakes for all! More likely, PHX in a sign and trade for Ayton (if such a thing is allowed)
                        May be batting .500.

Comment

• I have no idea the cap mathematics but a deal surrounding Durant for Ayton, Bridges and picks might be the best option Nets get
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• What are KD's likely destinations? I'm thinking Boston, Miami, Phoenix, and maaaybe Philly and the Lakers????

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              I think if you are trading for KD, some things to consider:

a) You HAVE to win right away. KD is likely approaching a decline. Now now now. That's the name of the game. So try to keep Fred and Pascal if at all possible.

b) The Nets are not going to want just anything. They are going to be trying to pivot their roster to fit around Simmons, the other guy they traded from their core, and probably with an eye on a post-Kyrie reality as well. That means guys that shoot, not guys that operate in the paint, and it means guys that are in their early 20's, not guys in their late 20's.

c) Our key potential trade pieces are all up for UFA relatively soon, so no matter who you pick there, the Nets will be relying on being able to re-sign these guys, so there's not much advantage to one set of guys or another.

d) You do not trade Scottie Barnes.
                              I don't disagree but that means the raptors are not trading for Kevin Durant. And maybe that's ok. If you keep Pascal, Freddie and Scottie they will absolutely be better offers.

Comment

Perhaps big NBA news only happens when you go out for a walk - maybe you need to walk more often!

Comment

Working...
                                X