Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Not that KD is a good fit there, but when does Dallas do something to get Luka some legit help?
    Apparently they might push hard for Kyrie.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Apparently they might push hard for Kyrie.
      I could see Ayton in Dallas, but not Kyrie. Too ball dominant even when he's not acting crazy.

Comment

• …some implications their especially Phoenix

Comment

• If ayton is involved in KD trade how does the hard cap rule work on sign and trades. Makes the trade with ayton tougher

Comment

• Big winner in all of this.. the Houston rockets. They have all the nets picks, 3 nba prima donas just gutted that franchise in 2 years. They had a decent thing going with Atkinson and young scrappy team and it ended in this.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I really hope KD is traded, but the Nets can't get anybody to take Kyrie. A Kyrie-Ben Simmons led team would be ridiculously entertaining drama for the hot take shows.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                I think if you are trading for KD, some things to consider:

a) You HAVE to win right away. KD is likely approaching a decline. Now now now. That's the name of the game. So try to keep Fred and Pascal if at all possible.

b) The Nets are not going to want just anything. They are going to be trying to pivot their roster to fit around Simmons, the other guy they traded from their core, and probably with an eye on a post-Kyrie reality as well. That means guys that shoot, not guys that operate in the paint, and it means guys that are in their early 20's, not guys in their late 20's.

c) Our key potential trade pieces are all up for UFA relatively soon, so no matter who you pick there, the Nets will be relying on being able to re-sign these guys, so there's not much advantage to one set of guys or another.

d) You do not trade Scottie Barnes.
                This is why I said that OG+GTJ & picks are not worth it for Gobert but for KD they are.

Teams that are either desperate to improve now or have star players that demand trade now should not be able to dictate & low ball the Raptors. It's the other way around. There ain't equal value for a trade like this & the Raptors should be able to lowball the Nets like they did the Spurs or tell them to F off.

Also if you want KD decline to go slowly/smoothly ,he cannot take the burden to waste his energy on the defensive end if his offense is his most potent weapon.

Idiot should have never left GSW, perfect situation for him was there surrounded by shooters & defensive minded players.

Comment

• Zach Lowe picking the power of Masai and Toronto as the lead darkhorse during the (Just In Show) in ESPN…

rest of the talking heads like the idiot Richard Jefferson picking the Lakers

lol

Comment

• Fuck the whole Durant fiasco until it settles down will put a whole bunch of trades & signings on hold.

Raptors will be affected regardless if they put an offer or not.

Comment

• Go trade for Seth Curry. Everyone on the Nets roster is available according to Woj.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Not sure why but I'm warming up to some sort of a Gobert/OG trade. Each team is trading from their strength (or a distressed asset for the former). I was worried about the contract but something Will Lou mentioned on his show the other day is that there is likely a big jump in the cap in a few years with the new tv deal. We can probably fit everyone in with maybe one year in the luxury tax. Scottie can throw passes over everybody. Gobert can catch passes over everybody. Done. . Still makes me throw up in my mouth a little.
                        Sorry….did I say Gobert? I meant Durant, not Gobert. My bad. Durant.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                          Zach Lowe picking the power of Masai and Toronto as the lead darkhorse during the (Just In Show) in ESPN…

rest of the talking heads like the idiot Richard Jefferson picking the Lakers

lol
                          I'd love to have KD as much as the next person here, just not at the cost of Scottie which is what Zach Lowe has been proposing. Would like to have KD (the present) and Scottie (post KD/the future) just to avoid our great franchise in shambles post KD or if he were to request another trade. If there's a way to satisfy a KD trade without Scottie that would be fantastic, but an unrealistic expectation admittedly.

Comment

• I feel like a Raptors-Blazers-Nets 3-way trade has a path to getting a KD deal done. 10FTW or DanH.... make it so.

Comment

• Sean Marks apparently asking for *Devin Booker* from the Suns for KD, holeeeeee crap

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Not that KD is a good fit there, but when does Dallas do something to get Luka some legit help?
                                They have no way to do so. They're pretty gutted of valuable assets to land a star besides Luka. Now, they'll have even less.

Those Porzingis trades really hurt them.

Comment

Working...
                                X