Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magoon wrote: View Post
    Sean Marks apparently asking for *Devin Booker* from the Suns for KD, holeeeeee crap
    Then, if not Scottie... the ask from the Raptors would be Pascal + picks. They want another All-NBA player back.

Comment

• Funny how the Raps always find their way in. On the NBA tv panel, the ex front office guy was casually mentioning relevant teams and mentioned phx, Miami, Boston..maybe New Orleans, Toronto….(that’s the list)

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Then, if not Scottie... the ask from the Raptors would be Pascal + picks. They want another All-NBA player back.
        Kyrie is also a matter of time so VanVleet is in play as a replacement

Siakam/ VanVleet/ 2 first round picks

for

KD and Joe Harris

Nets will probably ask for OG if they cannot get Scottie with Siakam and VanVleet plus the 2 first round picks
        Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Thu Jun 30, 2022, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• This whole Scottie/KD talk is stupid. People needs to start using their brain. One, If you can guarantee that we'd win at least 1 chip with KD the next 4 years then sure sign me up. Problem is there's no guarantee. There are a lot of great teams out there. Nobody's talking about it but the Clippers are a juggernaut. I don't see anyone beating them if Kawhi stays healthy.

Two, KD is 34 years. How many more elite years does he have left? 2? 3 maybe? again, players like LeBron, Kobe, KG, Duncan, Nowitzki....guys who never gets injured started to get hurt a lot by the time they turned 34-35.

Three, if the Raptors don't win a chip in KD's 4 years here then what? we'd be back to square one looking for that next great young player to build our team around. We already have that guy for the next 10 years. C'mon man. I'm not willing to take that risk.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            This whole Scottie/KD talk is stupid. People needs to start using their brain. One, If you can guarantee that we'd win at least 1 chip with KD the next 4 years then sure sign me up. Problem is there's no guarantee. There are a lot of great teams out there. Nobody's talking about it but the Clippers are a juggernaut. I don't see anyone beating them if Kawhi stays healthy.

Two, KD is 34 years. How many more elite years does he have left? 2? 3 maybe? again, players like LeBron, Kobe, KG, Duncan, Nowitzki....guys who never gets injured started to get hurt a lot by the time they turned 34-35.

Three, if the Raptors don't win a chip in KD's 4 years here then what? we'd be back to square one looking for that next great young player to build our team around. We already have that guy for the next 10 years. C'mon man. I'm not willing to take that risk.
            ........... nothing is guaranteed its about giving yourself the biggest margin for error. but yes trading scottie is dumb

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              This whole Scottie/KD talk is stupid. People needs to start using their brain. One, If you can guarantee that we'd win at least 1 chip with KD the next 4 years then sure sign me up. Problem is there's no guarantee. There are a lot of great teams out there. Nobody's talking about it but the Clippers are a juggernaut. I don't see anyone beating them if Kawhi stays healthy.

Four: don't talk about getting four years with KD, because if you don't win a title in that first two years, he's gonna bail if he's still any good.

Comment

• If anyone mentions involving Barnes for KD..u have no Brain..all the media idiots, trolls out there are dumb as f%$$..
                Like I said..Barnes and Siakim are keepers.
                Anyway, raptors aren't getting him, nets want 2 much. I heard they want Devin Booker...lol...good luck with that.
                Golden State must be laughing there heads off..
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

Four: don't talk about getting four years with KD, because if you don't win a title in that first two years, he's gonna bail if he's still any good.
                  Yeah the whole point of signing a long term contract is that you don't bail when things get rough. This is why the contract is there to hold every party accountable (this is why if you get injured for years & don't live up to the contract the team simply cannot null it, ain't that right John Wall?!) If you don't honor the contract why would you do so elsewhere?!

Also you don't trade Scottie for a 34 year NBA great on his last NBA legs (remember that the only place Durant won was next to another all time NBA great in Curry) Maybe if Giannis was the guy that was offered today instead you would consider it but not disloyal Durant.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Kyrie is also a matter of time so VanVleet is in play as a replacement

Siakam/ VanVleet/ 2 first round picks

for

KD and Joe Harris

Nets will probably ask for OG if they cannot get Scottie with Siakam and VanVleet plus the 2 first round picks
                    However if Nets would settle with Siakam, VanVleet and picks

then Raptors can now push for an all in move by trading OG/ GTJ/ Birch for Gobert

then use the MLE to acquire Dipo

Gobert
                    Precious
                    KD
                    Scottie
                    Dipo

thats a legitimate all in Championship contending starting five….

SUPER HIGH RISK but SUPER HIGH REWARD move

Comment

• KD totally messed up everyones agency plans LOOOOL

Comment

• NBA off season is awesome isn't it? I don't think we make a realistic play for KD. He's 34. He has 4 years, but likely only 2 legit ones before he falls off a bit. Plus he's going to want to play with stars.. so trading Pascal and/or Fred would be moot.

The staring package right now is OG+Gary+picks. If Brooklyn thinks they can get better, than so be it.

I do think he ends up in Philly though. The only question is if KD would play with Harden again or not. But Philly has as many picks as Toronto does.. and they have Maxey.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                          KD totally messed up everyones agency plans LOOOOL
                          Including the Hawks, who were reportedly preparing an offer for KD, but pivoted to Dejounte Murray after Kyrie opted in. Atlanta is one team that does/did have young assets and matching contracts to get a deal done. Oops.

Comment

• A positive byproduct of getting KD is that the Raptors can maximize their MLE and BAE assets to sign players at a discount in Rounding out that roster.

Even Thad and Boucher will settle with a one year deal with an option to next year …..haha.

Comment

• KD has ZERO say to any kind of deal that Sean Marks have an eye on….

so this talk about KD would want to play alongside stars and he has to approve a trade before it happens is more than moot. That’s just on the head of people around here.

BUT We are talking about Masai here. Lol

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                                KD has ZERO say to any kind of deal that Sean Marks have an eye on….

so this talk about KD would want to play alongside stars and he has to approve a trade before it happens is more than moot. That’s just on the head of people around here.

BUT We are talking about Masai here. Lol
                                Stars and their agents have more power than owners and general managers in today's NBA. They won't trade KD to Sacramento or OKC even though they could give the Nets the best assets. They'll send KD to the team of his choice. Just like Brooklyn sent Harden to Philly or Houston sent Harden to Brooklyn. Or Davis went to LA. George to LAC.

KD has all the leverage he needs already by being a top 5 player in the league.. and a top 15-20 player ever to play the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X