No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy for Boucher to get paid….Thad I guess is a goodwill gesture haha….

but at least MLE and BAE remain untouched

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

KD has the least leverage of any player traded ever. He does not have a trade clause so no say.
      He is signed through 2026 with no player options. He gets paid nearly $50M per year. So the only thing he can do is threaten to not play and lose $50M per year through 2026. He's got ZERO leverage and Nets can and will send him wherever they get the best return.
      this….It is a long sitdown with arguably the best Executive of all NBA right now

so about the “not playing part” is totally moot

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

so Booker or a busy signal

worse for Miami as they dont have a Booker like player

Raptors to me are still in the running
        You’re not wrong. As mentioned, Houston has all the Nets draft picks. They don’t want to grow, they want to be competitive. Scottie was ROY, not all NBA. He still has a way to go before he peaks. Who has an all nba player to trade or an analytics darling (like OG?.

Look at the 15 all nba players last year. Other than Pascal, I only see one other name that would be traded….ironically, DeMar.

Comment

• There's an Aaron from PHX which might be a good pick up.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

KD has the least leverage of any player traded ever. He does not have a trade clause so no say.
            He is signed through 2026 with no player options. He gets paid nearly $50M per year. So the only thing he can do is threaten to not play and lose $50M per year through 2026. He's got ZERO leverage and Nets can and will send him wherever they get the best return.
            Again he's a top 5 player in the league. He'd definitely sit out if he had to. And no team is going to shell out assets for a disgruntled player that is making $50M a year. And the Nets need to move forward some how. Keeping him unhappy is not going to help the team at all.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              So..we’ve got our full MLE. Who’s going to take it?
              Lonnie Walker great athleticism but inconsistent shooting. Sounds like a good bench project for the Raptors.

Comment

• Bagley back with the Pistons for $37M/3.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  There's an Aaron from PHX which might be a good pick up.
                  Nah.

Comment

• Patty Mills back with Brooklyn - $14.5/2. Surprised he'd go back to that team.

Comment

• I'm surprised that Fred's contract extension hasn't been announced....interesting..
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Spooky ha ha or spooky strange?
                        Last edited by Jclaw; Thu Jun 30, 2022, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Lonnie Walker great athleticism but inconsistent shooting. Sounds like a good bench project for the Raptors.
                          Welp, signed with the Lakers for 1 year. That bum! No wonder the Spurs didn't want him back!

Comment

• Lonnie Walker to Lakers for $6.5M (Tax payer MLE)

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Masai already said "the core is the core" at the year-end presser, heading into the off-season, so I wasn't expecting much to happen... other than Fred cashing in.

Josh Lewenberg

@JLew1050
                              Raps roster filling up fast. With Boucher/Young, they now have 11 guaranteed contracts for next season. Partial guarantee on Banton's deal goes up Monday, would expect he sticks around. With him & the still unsigned Koloko, that would be 13. Champagnie would be 14. MLE signing 15

Ground Hog day....
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Again he's a top 5 player in the league. He'd definitely sit out if he had to. And no team is going to shell out assets for a disgruntled player that is making $50M a year. And the Nets need to move forward some how. Keeping him unhappy is not going to help the team at all.
                                He's not going to sit out and lose $50M per year through 2026. That's ridiculous. Players only have leverage if they're up for a new deal or can decline an option or have a no trade clause. He has none of that.

Nets NEED to get max return on him and have all the leverage to make it happen or just keep him.

Comment

Working...
                                X