Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Again he's a top 5 player in the league. He'd definitely sit out if he had to. And no team is going to shell out assets for a disgruntled player that is making $50M a year. And the Nets need to move forward some how. Keeping him unhappy is not going to help the team at all.
    no offense PM but You are just grasping straws here and trying your hardest to find a reason that KD has leverage and has veto power to a deal if he does not like it or he sit for the remainder of his contract.

as if he will be traded to a franchise run by fly by night executives like Masai and Wayne Embry with no history of winning and no intentions of repeating

Comment

• Claxton back to the Nets

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

He's not going to sit out and lose $50M per year through 2026. That's ridiculous. Players only have leverage if they're up for a new deal or can decline an option or have a no trade clause. He has none of that.
        I think he'd sit out a year. And I don't think Brooklyn could afford having $50M in cap space sit out for a year as their team stinks, and see their pick goes to Houston. He has more power than you think he does, despite not having those options in his contract.

Comment

• i believe in u MU gobert or durant or both we have fred and OG and if u want both we got banton. u got this fam

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Claxton back to the Nets
            Yes they aint mailing it in….

The ask for Booker tells us they want to be competitive even by losing KD and potentially Kyrie

Comment

I think he'd sit out a year. And I don't think Brooklyn could afford having $50M in cap space sit out for a year as their team stinks, and see their pick goes to Houston. He has more power than you think he does, despite not having those options in his contract.
              It is mind boggling on how do you know his intentions

Comment

Nah man, you are delusional. Nets let Kyrie sit and had to pay him, they let Simmons sit and had to pay him, you think they won't let KD sit while they don't have to pay him? Of course they will. They are going to take the best offer, they can't afford to mess this up.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

no offense PM but You are just grasping straws here and trying your hardest to find a reason that KD has leverage and has veto power to a deal if he does not like it or he sit for the remainder of his contract.

as if he will be traded to a franchise run by fly by night executives like Masai and Wayne Embry with no history of winning and no intentions of repeating
                  Let's see where KD ends up. In my opinion there is no way in hell KD ends up on a team that isn't in contention to win a championship.. and by that I mean at least 1 or 2 all-stars that are on the team already.

I suspect he'll get traded to a team that he wants to play for.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Nah man, you are delusional. Nets let Kyrie sit and had to pay him, they let Simmons sit and had to pay him, you think they won't let KD sit while they don't have to pay him? Of course they will. They are going to take the best offer, they can't afford to mess this up.
                    Let's see how this plays out. I bet you he goes to a contender. And by that I mean a team with at least one star on it already.

Comment

It is mind boggling on how do you know his intentions
                      It's because all super star players get to eat their cake in the NBA. They all get their wish.

Comment

Yes they aint mailing it in….

The ask for Booker tells us they want to be competitive even by losing KD and potentially Kyrie
                        Yep I said that earlier when KD announced he'd like the Suns. Only player worth it on Suns is Booker. They are gonna get a star back for KD.

I'd give them Pascal and OG in a heartbeat, which easily trumps Ayton and a journeyman, and they already said they have no interest in Ayton.

I have lots of friends in ATL who want to trade for him and I told them it would take Trae to get it done. That's the reality of the situation. Nets need a star back and have all the leverage to wait until the right offer is made.

Comment

Let's see where KD ends up. In my opinion there is no way in hell KD ends up on a team that isn't in contention to win a championship.. and by that I mean at least 1 or 2 all-stars that are on the team already.

I suspect he'll get traded to a team that he wants to play for.
                          Ok … i will go along with you of his enormous VETO POWER….but He has very little options because news are already out that Booker or bust….

you think an aging Chris Paul and KD can survive the West?

unless it is Bam but that is difficult because of some contractual stuff on Adebayo contract, Miami dont have a Booker type talent as I said in previous posts.

He aint going to Philly to pair with Harden again

Sean Marks would flat out say NO to a Westbrook going their way and KD going to Lakers

the only two teams left: New Orleans and Toronto

so we will see

Comment

• There's the possibility that KD forms a new super team. maybe join Beal or something.

Comment

It's because all super star players get to eat their cake in the NBA. They all get their wish.
                              This is an unprecedented situation. Never has a star under contract for 4 more years demanded a trade with zero power to dictate where he goes. If you have an analogous situation I'd love to hear it.

Comment

Ok … i will go along with you of his enormous VETO POWER….but He has very little options because news are already out that Booker or bust….

you think an aging Chris Paul and KD can survive the West?

unless it is Bam but that is difficult because of some contractual stuff on Adebayo contract, Miami dont have a Booker type talent as I said in previous posts.

He aint going to Philly to pair with Harden again

Sean Marks would flat out say NO to a Westbrook going their way and KD going to Lakers

the only two teams left: New Orleans and Toronto

so we will see
                                He'll expand his list eventually.. but he'll end up in a contender that has other stars.

Denver: Porter (or Murray) and pieces/picks to play with Jokic
                                Portland: Grant/Hart and picks to play with Dame
                                Boston: Brown/Williams and picks to play with Tatum
                                Clippers; George and picks to play with Kawhi
                                etc

Basically my point is KD will get traded to a team that can help him win a championship. Not to a team with rookies and prospects. There is no way he's coming here if we're sending them Pascal. It just makes no sense to me. He'd want to play with Pascal.

Comment

Working...
                                X