No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottie, OG and Trent + picks is way too much, absurd really. Arguably, the nets would get better and we may get worse. Even pascal and og + picks is too much IMO. It's gotta be OG + Trent and picks, or OG and Fred + picks if that's even possible now with Fred's reported extension. In any event, including scottie can't happen, and I wouldn't include pascal unless the filler doesn't include any of the other top 6.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Raptors got Otto Porter.

2 years deal (2nd year player option)
      super happy about this minus the team option

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Once again, Toronto near the top of the list for possible KD destinations. And I don’t think they’re writing it this way just to get all the Canadian clicks on The Ringer

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2022/7...umors-packages

Toronto Raptors

The Trade: Durant for Scottie Barnes, OG Anunoby, and Gary Trent Jr. OR Pascal Siakam and Anunoby, plus multiple first-round picks and multiple swaps”
        Somehow I can't see the Raps sending their core to a conference rival. Maybe they go after Simmons but they just signed Fred and I don't think they can trade him so one less asset for that trade to happen.

Comment

• The most I would offer for Durant - the very most I would offer - is Siakim and Trent and picks. And that would be contingent on getting a guard that could reliably take on PG/SG responsibilities along with Fred, and that was if I was more confident than I am that Durant would make us a contender.

Durant is a distressed asset, not just because he wants out, but because the Nets also have one if not two equally distressed assets in the form of Irving and/or Simmons; the Nets are going to be hard-pressed to field a team that isn't a flaming ball of dysfunction with those three players. And I think the Nets are going to be hard pressed to get better offers than Siakim + Trent + picks before midseason, if then, especially if they don't want Ayton from Phoenix.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Rubio was good last year but he is coming off an ACL tear and he just signed back with the cavs
            Yeah he's one of those guys that never relied on athleticism too much so I could picture him doing well with the second unit. But he's back with the Cavs so time to move on

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Raptors got Otto Porter.

2 years deal (2nd year player option)
              Good pickup. Fits the long wing theme but he can shoot as well.

Comment

• Woo OPJ! Nice pickup.

Curious on salary, have to imagine he'll opt out of the PO unless he suffers a serious injury, so not super concerned about it, but I'm hoping he's a little under the MLE so they can give three years to Koloko.

Also curious to see what Thad's 2nd year guarantee is. Could be crucial to re-signing Gary if they get to that point.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• OPJ’s wife is from Toronto

good pick up of a fresh from the bakery Champion

Comment

super happy about this minus the team option
                    Not an ideal for sure but Otto does have an extensive injury history so it could also not work out for the Raptors in his 2nd year.

If Otto does play well at least the Raptors might have some wiggle room to talk better contract before he opts out.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                      OPJ’s wife is from Toronto

good pick up of a fresh from the bakery Champion
                      toronto women the real mvp

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                        The most I would offer for Durant - the very most I would offer - is Siakim and Trent and picks. And that would be contingent on getting a guard that could reliably take on PG/SG responsibilities along with Fred, and that was if I was more confident than I am that Durant would make us a contender.

Durant is a distressed asset, not just because he wants out, but because the Nets also have one if not two equally distressed assets in the form of Irving and/or Simmons; the Nets are going to be hard-pressed to field a team that isn't a flaming ball of dysfunction with those three players. And I think the Nets are going to be hard pressed to get better offers than Siakim + Trent + picks before midseason, if then, especially if they don't want Ayton from Phoenix.
                        he definitely isn't a distressed asset

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          Scottie, OG and Trent + picks is way too much, absurd really. Arguably, the nets would get better and we may get worse. Even pascal and og + picks is too much IMO. It's gotta be OG + Trent and picks, or OG and Fred + picks if that's even possible now with Fred's reported extension. In any event, including scottie can't happen, and I wouldn't include pascal unless the filler doesn't include any of the other top 6.
                          Apparently Nets are asking for two All-stars. OG and Fred are borderline all-stars. Throw in 4 picks and you got a nice package.

Not sure if Nets will lower their ask, but Phoenix won't budge on trading Booker or Miami on trading Bam, which they can't do anyway, so feels like KD's top 2 destinations can't trade for him.

Comment

toronto women the real mvp
                            That is a KD quote. At this moment I will allow this....

Comment

• The Raptors shipped DeRozan toSan Antonio on Wednesday in a blockbuster deal that sees star forward Kawhi Leonard come north of the border. Toronto also gets three-point threat Danny Green in the deal with backup centre Jakob Poeltl and a 2019 protected first-round draft pick going to the Spurs.
                              some perspective to think about as far as the two main assets

KD and Kawhi both disgruntled stars

KD - 34 years of age, amazing regular season last year with 4 years left in his contract

Kawhi - just turned 27 years of age when he was traded, but uncertainty surrounded him in terms of his health at that time plus and had only one full season left - to be an unrestricted free agent

Comment

• NIce...Otto might have been near the top of some people's lists for the MLE. Thought things were a little quiet around him

Comment

Working...
                                X