No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol Theis has been traded by Boston twice in less than two years.

Celtics don't give a fuck about loyalty.

Comment

• Has to be more to the trade because that 5 for 1 doesn't technically work. Brogdan makes $22.6M. Those 5 guys make about $16M

By my calculation, Boston would need to send about $2M more to Indiana.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Has to be more to the trade because that 5 for 1 doesn't technically work. Brogdan makes $22.6M. Those 5 guys make about $16M

By my calculation, Boston would need to send about $2M more to Indiana.
        Does Boston have any trade exceptions?
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Either way, really good trade for Boston if it goes through. Brogdan gets hurt quite a bit, but as we saw in 2019, Malcolm is legit. Better player than White, and they gave up more for him last deadline.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Does Boston have any trade exceptions?
            They have Fournier's, but that's about $17M. Brogdon is worth $22.6M. You can't use a partial TPE on a player.

Comment

• Think they also have a $1.4M TPE for Tristan Thompson per this site

https://www.sportsbusinessclassroom....de-exceptions/

Comment

• That’s a good upgrade…. I hope Masai and Bobby can pick up a back guard upgrade.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                  Think they also have a $1.4M TPE for Tristan Thompson per this site

You can’t combine a TPE and players.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                    Think they also have a $1.4M TPE for Tristan Thompson per this site

But Boston is the one absorbing more money than Indiana.. and based on Woj's tweet they are only taking in one guy. You can't combine TPE's either. So they need to send back $18M to Indiana. Unless I have my cap math wrong. The trade will likely complete after the moratorium so at that point I'll dissect it some more.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                      I’m out on KD… I like the team we have. Good personalities, there upside to every player on the roster, with exception to Thad and maybe Khem.

We have to gut our team to get one guy and we already had depth issues. I think the team we have is Championship caliber in twos years, and maybe we take a big swing when we have more depth (through the draft).

I also don’t like the idea of using that much draft equity.
                      Trading 2 guys for 1 guy is not gutting the team. It's upgrading the roster. We added OPJ, resigned Thad and Boucher, added Koloko, Banton will be better this year, the bench is much improved and none of those guys would be in the trade.

I see zero way this team as constructed is championship caliber in 2 years, that's homer stuff. Star players like KD just don't become available to a team like ours very often. We got lucky with Kawhi and we could be getting lucky again here with KD. Or we could pass it up and just be happy with 1st or 2nd round playoff exits, every other team is trying to improve to and our organic growth alone is not gonna get it done.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                        That seems like a big win for the Celtics, trading two fringe rotation guys and a pick for a reliable guard
                        Celtics have great management, it's not just the Raptors

Comment

• Also KD being traded here means we will likely sign a few good vet players for the minimum that want to ring chase. Always a positive when you have a superstar on your team.

Comment

• Indiana with the trade has a max slot. Likely getting Ayton.

Probably a 3 team trade here with KD to Phoenix, Ayton to Indiana and Turner+Bridges+picks to Brooklyn.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              That's a steal for brogdon. Surprised pacers couldn't get better value.
                              Brogdon is perpetually injured and that killed his market. If he stays healthy it's a steal. Seems a good risk for Boston to take.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Indiana with the trade has a max slot. Likely getting Ayton.

Probably a 3 team trade here with KD to Phoenix, Ayton to Indiana and Turner+Bridges+picks to Brooklyn.
                                That's an epically terrible return for KD. Just awful. No chance that happens.

Ayton likely ends up on Indiana but it will be a straight trade between them and Phoenix. Indiana has cap space so they can do it without a 3rd team involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X