Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

They can be flipped right away? Okay then that makes some sense though I doubt Phoenix would want picks when they are trying to win a chip
    The picks would help with a KD trade though.

Comment

• Woj is saying the JAzz are keeping Mitchell.

Comment

• Kind of happy that the Raptors didn't compete with Minny's offer on Gobert. Really curious what Chris Finch does with the twin towers. They lost some perimeter defense in the trade too, but that shouldn't matter with Gobert in the paint. I suspect we'll see KAT shooting a lot of 3's and hanging around on the perimeter for the next while.

As for Utah.. they had to break it up and Ainge got a great return. The curious thing there is what they will do with Mitchell. They still have vets like Conley, Gay, Bogdonovic and Clarkson. If they build around Mitchell, I could see one or two of those vets being on the trade block.

I wouldn't mind going after Clarkson, but we don't really have a way to trade for him. Thad is available to trade, but that would be doing him dirty.

Comment

• The Celtics pick going to Indiana is top 12 protected, and if it doesn't convey they get a 2nd rounder. Malcolm really had no value at all. Crazy.

Comment

• did fred sign his contract yet just waiting for the durante show to drop

Comment

• i think our off-season is over not trying to mortgage our picks the price is too high imo.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                I wouldn't mind going after Clarkson, but we don't really have a way to trade for him. Thad is available to trade, but that would be doing him dirty.
                I mean, Thad got paid after being somewhat on the scrap heap in SA…

Thad’s been around long enough and knows it’s a business. I don’t think he’d begrudge us too much.

That said, I don’t think they’ll be in any rush to move off him.

But if they’re able to use him to upgrade the team — particularly for guard depth, they shouldn’t be worried about hurting his feelings.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Thad’s been around long enough and knows it’s a business. I don’t think he’d begrudge us too much.

But if they’re able to use him to upgrade the team — particularly for guard depth, they shouldn’t be worried about hurting his feelings.
                  he will be better this year since he basically saved his legs by not playing in SA

Comment

I feel Thad will probably stick around. He is the only vet on the team and seems to be in a good spot being a mentor for Precious and Scottie.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

he will be better this year since he basically saved his legs by not playing in SA
                      I’m not saying he won’t be as good or better than he was last year. I like Thad A LOT. It was super fun to watch him unlock some of Chris’s potential. — But I am saying I wouldn’t hesitate to send him out if it helps balance improve our roster balance.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

The picks would help with a KD trade though.
                        Brooklyn can't afford to tank either. All their firsts belong to other teams.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I feel Thad will probably stick around. He is the only vet on the team and seems to be in a good spot being a mentor for Precious and Scottie.
                          Mentor of what?
                          Pascal and Fred are what 28? And All Stars. All NBA. And Chip winners.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Mentor of what?
                            Pascal and Fred are what 28? And All Stars. All NBA. And Chip winners.
                            so A.I. did say mentor for precious and scottie but also having ANOTHER guy who actually played with mr. porter house steak will be interesting. OPJ has consistently had to deflect to others in his career yet had a long successful productive career thus far so he will help in the locker room as will thad. Pascal and Fred are obviously the leaders but there are often times multiple voices for different reasons.

Comment

I’m not saying he won’t be as good or better than he was last year. I like Thad A LOT. It was super fun to watch him unlock some of Chris’s potential. — But I am saying I wouldn’t hesitate to send him out if it helps balance improve our roster balance.
                              i dont care about roster "imbalance" but for the right player yes i'd trade him.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                Holy shit. Pelicans gave Zion a $231 million extension. Lol. A dollar for every pound he’ll need to lose by September. That’s the dumbest contract this summer. Nothing else could even possibly come close.
                                Zion has to play a full season so that New Orleans can boost his trade value up.

I still think Beal's is the worst. LaVine and Towns could be up there too.

Comment

Working...
                                X