No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s hard to image how the rotations are going to work. We have Boucher, Young, Porter Jr. and Precious all needing minutes.

Precious could start, then you have

C: Boucher, PF: Young, SG: Porter Jr. and SG: Gary, we would still need Scottie, Pascal or Fred playing along with these guys.

I think either Chris or Thad will have to flipped for more roster balance eventually

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      It’s hard to image how the rotations are going to work. We have Boucher, Young, Porter Jr. and Precious all needing minutes.

C: Boucher, PF: Young, SG: Porter Jr. and SG: Gary, we would still need Scottie, Pascal or Fred playing along with these guys.

I think either Chris or Thad will have to flipped for more roster balance eventually
      What kind of balance are you thinking? More point guard play? Because I’m not really seeing it.

It’s natural to pair your bench with a starter. And Banton could make that line dangerous defensively while still getting two pressure releases in Thad and Gary.

Comment

• I guess we have Flynn and Banton in a pinch…most likely one of those guys is going to be the odd man out

Comment

• Trade to the Nets

Toronto sends FVV + Trent Jr.+ Birch + Young+ Flynn + Svi + 2023 , 2025 & 2027 FRP

Nets sends Durant + Curry + Mills

Nets sends to Utah: Harris + Svi for Bogdanovic

Kyrie sent to the Pelicans: Graham + Nance Jr + Hayes + Murphy + 2024 FRP

Barnes, Durant, OG, Siakam, Precious
          Mills, Curry, OPJ, Boucher + ( Thomas Bryant)
          Banton, Brooks, Champagnie, Koloko

Nets : FVV, Trent Jr., Bogdonovic, Simmons, Claxton
          Graham, Murphy Jr, Royce O’Neale, Hayes , Nance Jr, Birch

Comment

• Ten for the Win!

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
              Trade to the Nets

Toronto sends FVV + Trent Jr.+ Birch + Young+ Flynn + Svi + 2023 , 2025 & 2027 FRP

Nets sends Durant + Curry + Mills

Nets sends to Utah: Harris + Svi for Bogdanovic

Kyrie sent to the Pelicans: Graham + Nance Jr + Hayes + Murphy + 2024 FRP

Barnes, Durant, OG, Siakam, Precious
              Mills, Curry, OPJ, Boucher + ( Thomas Bryant)
              Banton, Brooks, Champagnie, Koloko

Nets : FVV, Trent Jr., Bogdonovic, Simmons, Claxton
              Graham, Murphy Jr, Royce O’Neale, Hayes , Nance Jr, Birch
              crossing all my toes for Masai to get this done but the bolded line up is a no doubter could contend for Larry O

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                It’s hard to image how the rotations are going to work. We have Boucher, Young, Porter Jr. and Precious all needing minutes.

What do you mean by roster balance? By position? Pretty clear the front office doesn’t think about it like this at all. I mean Siakam is the de facto PG but I’m not sure Nurse even really would like that label. Raps will roll with 5 forwards (if that’s what people want to call them) without hesitation.

Comment

• On top of ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reporting Friday that the Raptors are ‘lurking’ in the background of the Kevin Durant trade discussions that have held the NBA hostage in recent days, I can confirm that not only are the Raptors ‘lurking,’ but they also feel they can put together the best package of assets the Brooklyn Nets are likely to get. Confidence isn’t the word for it, but optimism might be. There is also a sense – though it’s reading tea leaves at this stage, as teams can’t communicate directly with Durant, who remains under contract with the Nets – that the two-time champion and 11-time all-NBA force of nature is at least open to the possibility of playing in Toronto.

Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and just because the Raptors are confident in the assets they can offer it doesn’t mean the Nets agree, and it feels safe to say that it is perceived asset value that will swing this deal. There is no chance that Brooklyn will do any favours for Durant and take a scintilla less than the next best offer – not after Durant’s scorched earth tour through their franchise the past three years.
                  https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...n-they-should/

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

What do you mean by roster balance? By position? Pretty clear the front office doesn’t think about it like this at all. I mean Siakam is the de facto PG but I’m not sure Nurse even really would like that label. Raps will roll with 5 forwards (if that’s what people want to call them) without hesitation.
                    This is gonna be the biggest debate going forward. (again). .....It's easy to say it doesn't matter.

But Fred leading the league in regular season minutes in ridiculous fashion and playing on busted tires when he gets to the playoffs might suggest it does matter.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

This is gonna be the biggest debate going forward. (again). .....It's easy to say it doesn't matter.

But Fred leading the league in regular season minutes in ridiculous fashion and playing on busted tires when he gets to the playoffs might suggest it does matter.
                      The point he's making is that Fred doesn't need to do 40 mins a game anymore because Barnes and Siakam can do what we needed Fred to do last season. There's a good chance that Barnes will be the best PG on the team next season.

Comment

• Speaking of Fred, have the Raps already offered him the new contract?

Comment

• Kessler Edwards is now a UFA.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Key point here for the few of you saying KD will decide where he gets to go.

"There is no chance that Brooklyn will do any favours for Durant and take a scintilla less than the next best offer – not after Durant’s scorched earth tour through their franchise the past three years."

Nets don't give a shit what KD wants.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              Kessler Edwards is now a UFA.
                              What the hell the Nets are doing lol. Of course the Raptors are going to get this guy.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

What the hell the Nets are doing lol. Of course the Raptors are going to get this guy.
                                6ft8 with 6"11 wingspan.

Had a good rookie year.

geddr done Masai!

Comment

Working...
                                X