No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm surprised with KD on the market that the Lakers are pursuing Kyrie instead.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      I'm surprised with KD on the market that the Lakers are pursuing Kyrie instead.
      Nobody’s power-bidding for Kyrie.
      They, LAL, have the assets for him.
      Aka one for one with Russ, or thereabouts.
      They don’t got the capital for KD.
      Unless the deal is centered around AD, as Hollinger posed.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

no doubt, they will do what is best for them
        Dallas is the person at the party who always goes home alone. They need to adjust theirs standards because they don't have anything on KD's level besides Luka.

I have a hard time believe Boston shakes up much on that team that almost won a chip.

Now Memphis on the other hand looks like the real competition here, they're loaded with great assets. I love where that team is heading though and they should vacate the lane and let the former Champs through.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          I can’t wait until Durant is traded and we can move on with the roster we have now.

Who does the last roster spot go to?
          KD still has to prove he can get it done. Comes off the bench till he learns the Raptors system, then start him on a reduced minutes regimen until Nurse is sure he knows the defense. Gradually extend his minute while reducing some of the other guys. (sarc)

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

KD still has to prove he can get it done. Comes off the bench till he learns the Raptors system, then start him on a reduced minutes regimen until Nurse is sure he knows the defense. Gradually extend his minute while reducing some of the other guys. (sarc)
            I know this was sarcasm but can you imagine HAHA

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Dallas is the person at the party who always goes home alone. They need to adjust theirs standards because they don't have anything on KD's level besides Luka.

I have a hard time believe Boston shakes up much on that team that almost won a chip.

Now Memphis on the other hand looks like the real competition here, they're loaded with great assets. I love where that team is heading though and they should vacate the lane and let the former Champs through.
              its weird pelicans aren't even being talked about

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Or Nurse panics every 4th quarter & leaves KD out there for like 40 minutes (still can't trust the bench lol) so by the time playoffs rolls around Kevin Durant is playing like he is 57 years old.

Comment

• FYI Major news! Dragic just signed a 1 year deal with the Bulls for $2.9 million!! Apparently the Bulls are a serious contender now!

Comment

• Why do I feel like that July 4th is the day KD gets traded..
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      FYI Major news! Dragic just signed a 1 year deal with the Bulls for $2.9 million!! Apparently the Bulls are a serious contender now!
                      #higherambitions

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

its weird pelicans aren't even being talked about
                        Doesn't make as much sense, they have a young core that should compete for the next 5 years, if not more, at least provided Zion's healthy. They've got Lakers picks plus some of their own but it's probably not enough for Durant. Might be enough for a smaller fish that just puts them over the top. Durant might shorten their window a bit too much being 34 and all. They might go in for Beal or someone of that ilk who's a bit younger and gives them a bit more time to work with, and doesn't require giving up Ingram, which further extends their window.

You could argue they should go in, since as long as they keep Zion they can contend as long as he's around similar to how we hope we can contend for as long as Scottie is around (assuming he blossoms into a star). I think they'll keep their chips for a Beal or Shai or Dame though, it just gives them a top top team for longer than you can expect Durant to stay at this level. At least, that would be the smart play in my eyes.

Comment

• KD is not worth the trade at 34 get that garbage out of here. plus plus we broke his team in the finals plus plus he is drama. we GOOD

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post

Doesn't make as much sense, they have a young core that should compete for the next 5 years, if not more, at least provided Zion's healthy. They've got Lakers picks plus some of their own but it's probably not enough for Durant. Might be enough for a smaller fish that just puts them over the top. Durant might shorten their window a bit too much being 34 and all. They might go in for Beal or someone of that ilk who's a bit younger and gives them a bit more time to work with, and doesn't require giving up Ingram, which further extends their window.

You could argue they should go in, since as long as they keep Zion they can contend as long as he's around similar to how we hope we can contend for as long as Scottie is around (assuming he blossoms into a star). I think they'll keep their chips for a Beal or Shai or Dame though, it just gives them a top top team for longer than you can expect Durant to stay at this level. At least, that would be the smart play in my eyes.
                            I would trade Zion for Durant without blinking an eye but not sure that is possible within the CBA. Like that’s a no-brainer. Pelicans aren’t contending with Williamson cause he’s never going to be healthy and they need one more guy to help Ingram. I am shocked New Orleans isn’t doing its best to make that happen cause not only do you get Durant but you get rid of Williamson and that absurd contract. Win-win

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I would trade Zion for Durant without blinking an eye but not sure that is possible within the CBA. Like that’s a no-brainer. Pelicans aren’t contending with Williamson cause he’s never going to be healthy and they need one more guy to help Ingram. I am shocked New Orleans isn’t doing its best to make that happen cause not only do you get Durant but you get rid of Williamson and that absurd contract. Win-win
                              he just signed an extension so its not possible.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Can't trade Zion yet, also kind of punts the rest of that core since Durant probably declines within a few seasons. Not sure what that theoretical deal would look like, but they'd have to somehow find a replacement for Durant after he's declined. It's a gamble, but a healthy Zion is more than enough to take them deep, especially if they can trade for another star.

Not sure if Ingram is a designated player, if he is, the Nets have to move Simmons to another team. So that might also be a hard move to architect.

Comment

Working...
                                X