Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I would trade Zion for Durant without blinking an eye but not sure that is possible within the CBA. Like that’s a no-brainer. Pelicans aren’t contending with Williamson cause he’s never going to be healthy and they need one more guy to help Ingram. I am shocked New Orleans isn’t doing its best to make that happen cause not only do you get Durant but you get rid of Williamson and that absurd contract. Win-win
      I wouldn't trade one Scottie for three Zions.

Comment

• Stepping away from the KD conversation for a moment... (impossible, I know...)

Now that we know we still have cap space thanks to the fantastic work done by management on Otto's contract...

Who would you like to add if they bring in one more free agent for that last roster spot?

I feel like I'm beginning to sound like inthepaint banging the drum about "playing our best 5" (where you been paint??? miss ya pal ?) when I say for the 15th time, I'd really love to add a guard with some combination of shot creation/shooting/play-making skills who could come in off the bench, and help someone like Fred not have to play 47 minutes a game...

Names still out there (I think) who could perhaps fit into that mould: DJ Augustin, Caleb Martin, Jeremy Lamb, Dennis Schroeder, Avery Bradley, Facundo Campazzo, Frank Jackson, Rajon Rondo, Lou Williams, Austin Rivers, Brandon Goodwin, Elfrid Payton, Isaiah Thomas...

I think I've more or less listed in my order of preference. (Not sure I'd have any interest whatsoever in the last few.)

This would, of course, be assuming we don't return to the Armoni Brooks well....

What do y'all think?

(This all may be moot until the KD chips fall..... nice to talk about something else for a moment though.)

Comment

• There's no way the Raptors can move Scottie Barnes for KD. He should be the only untouchable player and if the Nets make a counteroffer with Barnes involved that's take it or leave then they should leave it. The right trade opportunity with appear latter.

Also, I don't foresee the Raptors doing much more now until the KD verdict comes in.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I wouldn't trade one Scottie for three Zions.
            Zion Williamson is a hybrid of Vince Carter and Oliver Miller.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
              Stepping away from the KD conversation for a moment... (impossible, I know...)

Now that we know we still have cap space thanks to the fantastic work done by management on Otto's contract...

Who would you like to add if they bring in one more free agent for that last roster spot?

I feel like I'm beginning to sound like inthepaint banging the drum about "playing our best 5" (where you been paint??? miss ya pal ?) when I say for the 15th time, I'd really love to add a guard with some combination of shot creation/shooting/play-making skills who could come in off the bench, and help someone like Fred not have to play 47 minutes a game...

Names still out there (I think) who could perhaps fit into that mould: DJ Augustin, Caleb Martin, Jeremy Lamb, Dennis Schroeder, Avery Bradley, Facundo Campazzo, Frank Jackson, Rajon Rondo, Lou Williams, Austin Rivers, Brandon Goodwin, Elfrid Payton, Isaiah Thomas...

I think I've more or less listed in my order of preference. (Not sure I'd have any interest whatsoever in the last few.)

This would, of course, be assuming we don't return to the Armoni Brooks well....

What do y'all think?

(This all may be moot until the KD chips fall..... nice to talk about something else for a moment though.)
              I think I like Jeremy Lamb or Schroeder out of that list. Do we have an open roster spot though?

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

I think I like Jeremy Lamb or Schroeder out of that list. Do we have an open roster spot though?
                Assuming they sign Koloko, no. They could waive Svi to make one, but even that one likely goes to Champagnie. They could also waive Brooks, in which case they would have another spot available.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  I'm surprised with KD on the market that the Lakers are pursuing Kyrie instead.
                  I'm surprised Lakers aren't on Durant's list .... he knows a broken down team when he sees it

Comment

• Can a player be on a two way contract for two years?

Svi, Yuta and Brooks can all go IMO. Champagnie and Dalano should get a spot.

I think there’s many factors that go into the signing of players like David Johnson. Does he work hard, what’s his attitude like, has he made improvements, does he project to be a rotation guy. I would hate to daft these second round guys and not give them
                    the proper time to develop.

We have Siakam, FVV, OG, GTJ, Scottie, Precious, Flynn, Boucher, Young, Porter JR., Khem, Koloko. That’s 12. Champagnie, Dalano…. RHjr on a two way, David Johnson on a two way??? I guess Summer League will help with decisions. We’re running low on spots…

Comment

• When you lay it all out, the rotations should be something like below:

Precious/Khem/Koloko/ And any F in small ball situations

Pascal/Boucher/Porter JR/ Young/Champagnie

OG/ Scottie/Porter JR./Champagnie

FVV/GTJ/OG

Scottie/FFV/Flynn/Dalano

Laying it all out, it would be surprising if there wasn’t a trade to upgrade the backup guard spots. The 5,4,3 are stacked to the point that some guys that deserve playing time won’t get it.

Can you package two or three of these guys to upgrade the top 8 or 9 and then have more spots at the back of the roster for developing players?
                      Last edited by saints91; Mon Jul 4, 2022, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• I think we are a combo guard from having a complete roster. Khem, Flynn, Svi, and draft compensation gets you who?

Comment

• Why have they not formally announce the extension of VanVleet?

Why Thomas Bryant has not been signed yet by a team?

Comment

• I would go for Schroeder. Offensive creation off the bench. He would give us exactly what we need.

Comment

• 6'8" with 7'3" wingspan. Versatile PF who shoots the 3 (44%). Sounds like a Raptor.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Zion Williamson is a hybrid of Vince Carter and Oliver Miller.
                                This made me laugh my ass off.

Comment

Working...
                                X