No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty impressed with the off-season so far. Like my posts above there is a glut at the PF/small ball 5 position but all our contracts are easily tradable... when it comes time.

Boucher and Khem plus a pick/s could get us players in 18-22M range
    Young, Khem, Svi and/or Flynn and a pick/s could do the same

Then there's a plethora of options for players in the 12-18M range.

I think we could easily add some extra bench scoring to: Porter Jr, Gary Trent Jr, Boucher, Young, Flynn/Dalano

Precious, Siakam, OG, FVV, and Scottie is a pretty damn good starting line up. Especially if we see big improvements in Precious' and Scottie's games. I image, Gary and Porter Jr. would be first off the bench.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      I'm pretty impressed with the off-season so far. Like my posts above there is a glut at the PF/small ball 5 position but all our contracts are easily tradable... when it comes time.

Boucher and Khem plus a pick/s could get us players in 18-22M range
      Young, Khem, Svi and/or Flynn and a pick/s could do the same

Then there's a plethora of options for players in the 12-18M range.

I think we could easily add some extra bench scoring to: Porter Jr, Gary Trent Jr, Boucher, Young, Flynn/Dalano

Precious, Siakam, OG, FVV, and Scottie is a pretty damn good starting line up. Especially if we see big improvements in Precious' and Scottie's games. I image, Gary and Porter Jr. would be first off the bench.
      Having a solid bench once again would be a huge improvement for us. GTJr, Porter Jr, Boucher, Young is a nice start

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Having a solid bench once again would be a huge improvement for us. GTJr, Porter Jr, Boucher, Young is a nice start
        I'll get flamed for this, but if Lou Williams has anything left in the tank, he'd actually be the perfect last piece for the bench.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I'll get flamed for this, but if Lou Williams has anything left in the tank, he'd actually be the perfect last piece for the bench.
          He is 35 and averaged 6 points for the Hawks last season so I highly doubt he has anything left.

Comment

I forgot Koloko
            Will he start and stick with the big club or start in the D and shuttle up and down. Not sure if he'll get enough/any minutes here.
            Last edited by G__Deane; Tue Jul 5, 2022, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I'd take Kemba Walker over Lou Will if we need an emergency bucket getter off the bench.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I'd take Kemba Walker over Lou Will if we need an emergency bucket getter off the bench.
                How about Austin Rivers to be the PG, based on what he earned last year, He could be the Veteran's Minimum- $2.3 Million is nothing to sneeze at ! Instead of Flynn. All the Raptors need is a Flynn+ Birch for a SG or sign Lamb to the Vets minimum,, to be as part of a trade , thus to have Rivers, we would have to drop, one Svi or Brooks.

FVV, Trent Jr., OG, Barnes, Siakam- $98.7 Million
                Rivers, Lamb, OPJ, Boucher, Achuiwa - $ 24.5 Million
                Banton, Young, Champagnie, Svi, Koloko -$14.2 Million

+ Wainwright + Brooks dead salary - $250,000

Total Salary: $137.7 Million with the attribution towards Birch and Flynn who would replace Svi and Champagnie. (an extra $7.2 Million), so make the trade, for a backup PG (Coby White or McConnell) or a SG
                Last edited by Heatdreamer; Tue Jul 5, 2022, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Forgot about him. If he's open to being a sparkplug-off-the-bench type of guy, then yeah, that could work.

Comment

• Schroeder is the most logical fit but personality wise does he fit with the locker room.

Comment

• Nets loading up with TJ Warren on a 1 year deal, guy who came off a lengthy injury and now Edward Sumner 6’4” guard who also got back from a Torn Achilles injury.

Nets could run it back or could be a precursor to a big move as well.

Comment

Forgot about him. If he's open to being a sparkplug-off-the-bench type of guy, then yeah, that could work.
                        It's either a place on the bench or a stint in China if he wants to keep playing.

Comment

• Were the RR forums down for an hour or two for anyone?

Comment

• if we are going to stay the course ok cool but either fred or OG needs to come off the bench.

our champion ship was strong when they came off the bench it balanced scoring and defence

Comment

• So we still have money/space for another FA? Did not think so!

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                Were the RR forums down for an hour or two for anyone?
                                Yep

Comment

Working...
                                X