Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    They should have signed Deandre Jordan to complete the circuit.

Comment

• Doubt we have the money for it but Caleb Martin would be a godsend

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        Doubt we have the money for it but Caleb Martin would be a godsend
        Agreed. He’d be at or near the top of my list if we end up using what’s left of the MLE on the 15th spot.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

”Everything Deandre Ayton”
          I’m getting a weird feeling this is happening too. NBA steps in for basketball reasons to facilitate a three way trade with Phoenix

Comment

• It certainly seems like it's been an eventful offseason for the Raps because of all the KD to Toronto talks, but I get the feeling it will end up being pretty quiet. Koloko, Porter Jr., and our own free agents.

Only way Masai makes a move for KD is if he still has a competitive roster to put around him, one that he's confident can win a championship this season. I don't see how that would be possible unless the deal is just OG, Trent Jr. and picks. Even then that is a lot of shooting that you're taking from the team.

On the other hand if Precious comes back improved and consistent, the young guys all having added to their game and two vets in Thad and Porter Jr. available for the entirety of the season....we could be really good AND still have all our picks.

Comment

• Porter is an interesting pick up from the Kd point of view. Not sure if KD plays back to backs but Porter didn’t. They could alternate games

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Oh boy, a Bryant wearing purple and yellow jersey.
                He was drafted by the Lakers and played 15 games as a rookie. Been there, done that.

Comment

• Eric Bledsoe getting waived. That's the bench guard we need.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                    Doubt we have the money for it but Caleb Martin would be a godsend

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

that goes one domino

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        It certainly seems like it's been an eventful offseason for the Raps because of all the KD to Toronto talks, but I get the feeling it will end up being pretty quiet. Koloko, Porter Jr., and our own free agents.

Only way Masai makes a move for KD is if he still has a competitive roster to put around him, one that he's confident can win a championship this season. I don't see how that would be possible unless the deal is just OG, Trent Jr. and picks. Even then that is a lot of shooting that you're taking from the team.

On the other hand if Precious comes back improved and consistent, the young guys all having added to their game and two vets in Thad and Porter Jr. available for the entirety of the season....we could be really good AND still have all our picks.
                        he would go AT MOST to FVV and OG with less picks but yeah.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          If they do nothing but the bare minimum they will be improved next season just because of Scottie Barnes' growth. I don't think they do anything drastic because it's not yet their time again, that trade probably doesn't put them over the top right now. For that reason, a big move is too soon and so it's a bad decision and so Masai won't do that.
                          Raptors weren't the favorite with the Kawhi trade either but they had a lot of good fortune along the way to win it. That doesn't usually happen right off the bat ( 2 post seasons of KD in Brooklyn did not yield the desired result.)

The difference between the Kawhi trade and possible KD trade is that the Kawhi trade had to be done cause the Raptors have reached their ceiling (a gamble worth taking). There was no where to go, they were in the same situation as Portland was with Lillard/Mccollum and the same situation the Jazz were this season where the post season was a dud once again and they had to go to a different direction.

This team thus far had 1 season of success and have not reached their ceiling yet. I believe at this point this team can compete for 3rd overall spot in the east with their internal growth and their better bench. Once the Raptors can see where they are at before the trade deadline that's the right time to pull a major trade.

But if they can get KD for cheap now, you do it. If you can't you dont.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Raptors weren't the favorite with the Kawhi trade either but they had a lot of good fortune along the way to win it. That doesn't usually happen right off the bat ( 2 post seasons of KD in Brooklyn did not yield the desired result.)

The difference between the Kawhi trade and possible KD trade is that the Kawhi trade had to be done cause the Raptors have reached their ceiling (a gamble worth taking). There was no where to go, they were in the same situation as Portland was with Lillard/Mccollum and the same situation the Jazz were this season where the post season was a dud once again and they had to go to a different direction.

This team thus far had 1 season of success and have not reached their ceiling yet. I believe at this point this team can compete for 3rd overall spot in the east with their internal growth and their better bench. Once the Raptors can see where they are at before the trade deadline that's the right time to pull a major trade.

But if they can get KD for cheap now, you do it. If you can't you dont.
                            For context, I posted that before any peep came out that arguably the best player in the league was on the block and that apparently he is fine with coming to Toronto. Everyone was caught off guard by the KD news. Trading for KD isn't a big move, trading for KD is a GIGANTIC move. If they can land Durant in a manner where they keep Scottie and mostly have to sacrifice a bunch of picks and one all-star level/potential guy and maybe some other pieces then I'm on board for that.

The big difference between Brooklyn and Toronto is that Toronto has arguably the best executive team in the league whereas Brooklyn appears disorganized and without a clear direction. Next, Nurse and his team might be the best coaching staff in the league whereas while I love Steve Nash the player, Steve Nash the head coach seemed in over his head. Of the teams in the mix, I think Durant only has a better chance to win with the Warrior but he won't want to go back there. The Suns would be another argument but they're out today, right? So a lot of good fortune might be heading to Toronto again. Toronto deserves more, those first two decades of NBA ball were brutal.

I don't know what a cheap KD trade looks like but it seems like he will be gone before the season and an opportunity like this doesn't come along often.
                            Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jul 6, 2022, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

For context, I posted that before any peep came out that arguably the best player in the league was on the block and that apparently he is fine with coming to Toronto. Everyone was caught off guard by the KD news. Trading for KD isn't a big move, trading for KD is a GIGANTIC move. If they can land Durant in a manner where they keep Scottie and mostly have to sacrifice a bunch of picks and one all-star level/potential guy and maybe some other pieces then I'm on board for that.

The big difference between Brooklyn and Toronto is that Toronto has arguably the best executive team in the league whereas Brooklyn appears disorganized and without a clear direction. Next, Nurse and his team might be the best coaching staff in the league whereas while I love Steve Nash the player, Steve Nash the head coach seemed in over his head. Of the teams in the mix, I think Durant only has a better chance to win with the Warrior but he won't want to go back there. The Suns would be another argument but they're out today, right? So a lot of good fortune might be heading to Toronto again. Toronto deserves more, those first two decades of NBA ball were brutal.

I don't know what a cheap KD trade looks like but it seems like he will be gone before the season and an opportunity like this doesn't come along often.
                              Warriors can't make a deal without a 3rd team, Wiggins can't be included because he's on a 5 year rookie max.

And I totally agree with you on this being a gigantic move. Pretty crazy to me how some people round these parts don't value KD very highly.

Comment

• Apollo wrote:

The big difference between Brooklyn and Toronto is that Toronto has arguably the best executive team in the league whereas Brooklyn appears disorganized and without a clear direction
                                Its usually disorganized anywhere a superstar decides to go over management head and create his own superteam with his buddies. Didn't work for Kawhi in L.A, didn't work for KD in Brooklyn, Didn't work with Lebron adding Westbrook in the offseason. This is why a deal that makes the best sense for the Raptors is a must where they don't sacrifice too many pieces.

Apollo wrote:
                                I don't know what a cheap KD trade looks like
                                OG+Trent+Khem+Flynn +4 first round picks (2029 pick top 5 protected).

It aint really cheap but it ain't as expensive as they would like it to be.

If Nets can find something better than the above package from another team, they should pursue that.

Comment

Working...
                                X