Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Can you really build around mentally weak? And no heart or love for the game? Or, just being practical… a PG who can’t shoot?

Simmons’ game might be Giannis-lite, but when you’re talking about building an entire roster around a guy, then character has to be part of the equation.
    They shouldn't build around Simmons, but they might be forced to. Simmons won't have much value in a trade. Only reason Sixers were able to trade Simmons for Harden is because Harden wanted to go to Philly.

Comment

• There's always something going on with the Lakers. Like, who is this tweet aimed at? LeBron? lol. "All can reply" what the hell is going on lol.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post

Yeah, he’s no number 1. Is he even a number 2? Who would you rather have, Siakam or Simmons?
            Someone, maybe the Nets, is going make him their project and if they're successful they will have an elite player on their hands. I'm glad that won't be the Raptors.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Someone, maybe the Nets, is going make him their project and if they're successful they will have an elite player on their hands. I'm glad that won't be the Raptors.
              It's hilarious that Toronto is named as being interested in every major free agent this summer when they are the least likely to do anything.

Comment

• I don't really see the fit for Ayton at this point without giving up a punch of our bigs. Boucher and Young out Ayton in. That money probably wouldn't;t work anyways. I really don't want Gary or OG in that kind of trade scenario.

Are they still able to sign and trade Boucher or Thad? or is his signing official yet? If not we have to wait until Dec.

Comment

• I kinda like Fred for Ayton, if we are getting a guard back. The young core of Precious, Scottie, OG, Gary, Ayton going forward would be awesome.

Comment

• Perhaps our interest is in Turner?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

It's hilarious that Toronto is named as being interested in every major free agent this summer when they are the least likely to do anything.
                      That's a major improvement from the old narrative about the Raptors being completely incompetent and Toronto basically being hell on earth to anyone born in America, especially players who have elite skills. There's something in the DNA of elite skilled players that causes them to be repelled by polite people and constant adoration.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        I kinda like Fred for Ayton, if we are getting a guard back. The young core of Precious, Scottie, OG, Gary, Ayton going forward would be awesome.
                        I think you're doing Fred and the team a disservice if you think we can replace him with just any guard coming back. We're pretty lacking in guard play right now with Flynn and Banton showing they weren't ready last season.

I know everyone points to Scottie and Siakam handling the ball more but Fred does more than just that. He spaces the floor with shooting, and often guards the other teams best guards. I don't think you want Siakam, OG or Barnes drawing that assignment through the entirety of the regular season and playoffs. And a key intangible he brings which none of the other guys do, including Siakam, is leadership. Not a lot of that on our team right now with it being so young.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

That's a major improvement from the old narrative about the Raptors being completely incompetent and Toronto basically being hell on earth to anyone born in America, especially players who have elite skills. There's something in the DNA of elite skilled players that causes them to be repelled by polite people and constant adoration.
                          I don't actually think Toronto has interest in a lot of the free agents they are being connected to, but it's nice to see that these reporters recognize Toronto is capable and ready to make a move. Kudos to the management for putting the team in a position to pull off any of these big trades.

If they bring in KD it will just open more eyes south of the border to the possibility of playing in Toronto. If we win a championship with KD next season, then does Toronto become the destination that players chasing rings go to? What a twist it would be if we went from hiring mercenaries to in a weird way, becoming the mercenary.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I think you're doing Fred and the team a disservice if you think we can replace him with just any guard coming back. We're pretty lacking in guard play right now with Flynn and Banton showing they weren't ready last season.

I know everyone points to Scottie and Siakam handling the ball more but Fred does more than just that. He spaces the floor with shooting, and often guards the other teams best guards. I don't think you want Siakam, OG or Barnes drawing that assignment through the entirety of the regular season and playoffs. And a key intangible he brings which none of the other guys do, including Siakam, is leadership. Not a lot of that on our team right now with it being so young.
                            No doubt Fed is important to the team’s leadership and a great basketball player, but if you are going to get something you have to give something. I wasn’t saying trade Fred for some random guard and that’s it. Ayton for Fred is actually a pretty fair deal considering the age difference and upside of Ayton. Im not sure Phoenix would even do that deal.

I just think it would be a good young core under 25.

Comment

No doubt Fed is important to the team’s leadership and a great basketball player, but if you are going to get something you have to give something. I wasn’t saying trade Fred for some random guard and that’s it. Ayton for Fred is actually a pretty fair deal considering the age difference and upside of Ayton. Im not sure Phoenix would even do that deal.

i only like the idea of getting ayton because of the upside .. I don't think he is a team first guy and there were issues with his attitude in phx

Comment

Ayton would be a nice addition, but I think you have to look at using someone other than Fred in that trade. Ideally you are trading from a position of strength and for the Raptors it's our forward position, and if you're bringing in Ayton then center as well. We've got OG, Siakam, Barnes, Porter, Precious, Khem, Boucher, Thad and Koloko. And there's a bunch of guys that aren't even in the rotation like Champagnie, Bonga, and Yuta.

Precious should probably be going back the other way if you're trading for Ayton because he probably won't be happy as a back for too long. And probably going to want a raise for his next contract. Maybe OG is part of that package as well just so you can pay Ayton.

Comment

Working...
                                X