Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    So unless there’s some sort of multi-man trade Champagnie and either Brooks or Wilson ain’t making the final squad?
    I suspect Svi is the first cut. And then one of those three. Assuming no trade alters the numbers.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I suspect Svi is the first cut. And then one of those three. Assuming no trade alters the numbers.
      How costly will the cut be in terms of affecting the cap?

Comment

I can definitely see why PHX would do a SnT with Indy. Absolutely. Heck, they can probably roll it into a Durant deal.

But why would Indy do that? They should be trying to trade Turner for value, not just get him out of the way to pay a different guy more money. Why not just make the offer sheet, then see if you can flip Turner for, say, Gary Trent? Or even filler and a pick.

DanH wrote: View Post

To be clear, your position is that the Pacers would be better off to dump Turner for nothing than to try to trade him for something?

Again, with the bold, what dollars are involved? Phoenix was never going to offer the 5 year deal, so the dollars involved for Ayton are identical whether he signs directly with Indy or gets a sign and trade there (or anywhere else).
        I am not taking a definite position but I just wanted to point out that there is a possibility of Indiana’s intentions which I have already stated and you totally did not take that into account by just implying that it was a one way street with Phoenix the only party totally benefiting out of the deal and zero benefit for the Pacers. The rumor of them as the two direct players involved in a swap seem as far off from your POV.

In terms of the dollars, there is no wrong here in this discussion to highlight the dollars being talk about, IS THERE? In the first place, it was the article that bolded the dollars. I was more interested of the no. Of years which most of us already know. So Wtf is wrong with me mentioning it, as if you are the only person here in this forum who has all the knowledge about this things and everyone else are so IGNORANT…step down off your high horse buddy ……Btw for your own satisfaction, I de-bolded and de-highlighted it LOL.

He's a restricted free agent so we'll see how this process unfolds." CBS Sports' Sam Quinn says a max contract from the Suns would be worth a projected $176.9 million over five years for Ayton. If he signed a max contract elsewhere, it would reach an estimated $131.15 million over four season
        Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Fri Jul 8, 2022, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Nice move signing Hines...Raps are sparing no expense with (Scottie's) development. He's going to get the training Pascal received during the off season....all year long.. .
          Great point. It makes so much sense. Scotty going to level up so fast he'll get motion sickness.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

How costly will the cut be in terms of affecting the cap?
            His full 1.9M salary would stay on the cap. But they’ve left themselves enough wiggle room to stay under the tax.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I am not taking a definite position but I just wanted to point out that there is a possibility of Indiana’s intentions which I have already stated and you totally did not take that into account by just implying that it was a one way street with Phoenix the only party totally benefiting out of the deal and zero benefit for the Pacers. The rumor of them as the two direct players involved in a swap seem as far off from your POV.

In terms of the dollars, there is no wrong here in this discussion to highlight the dollars being talk about, IS THERE? In the first place, it was the article that bolded the dollars. I was more interested of the no. Of years which most of us already know. So Wtf is wrong with me mentioning it, as if you are the only person here in this forum who has all the knowledge about this things and everyone else are so IGNORANT…step down off your high horse buddy ……Btw for your own satisfaction, I de-bolded and de-highlighted it LOL.
              What? What does number of years have to do with anything? Again, the contract Ayton would sign directly with the Pacers is identical to the one he would get in a sign and trade. In salary, in term, everything. The contract you are presenting there from the Suns was never on the table and was never going to be. That’s the whole reason he’s hitting RFA in the first place.

Yes, I stand by there being no real benefit to the Pacers in such a swap. Many rumours turn out to be complete nonsense, this is one such rumour.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

His full 1.9M salary would stay on the cap. But they’ve left themselves enough wiggle room to stay under the tax.
                So there is enough room after to add another minimum contract?

Comment

So there is enough room after to add another minimum contract?
                  Yes, quite safely, heading into the off-season they had just shy of 30M to spent under the tax. Then the cap and tax came in a couple million higher, and Boucher and Thad added up to just over 20M. So 10M for the rest, 6M was Otto. Leaves enough room for two full minimum contracts of excess salary.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yes, quite safely, heading into the off-season they had just shy of 30M to spent under the tax. Then the cap and tax came in a couple million higher, and Boucher and Thad added up to just over 20M. So 10M for the rest, 6M was Otto. Leaves enough room for two full minimum contracts of excess salary.
                    Thanks, Good to know, at least we know what their next move probably is (barring any major trade heh). There are lots of prospects at this point that the Raptors may prefer to take a chance over Svi (some may emerge in summer league) and I am sure they still like Yuta.

Comment

• My internet was out today.

Did we get Durant?

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                        My internet was out today.

Did we get Durant?

Nope, we did however signed DJ Wilson which was nice....

Comment

Nope, we did however signed DJ Wilson which was nice....
                          ...solid consolation prize.

(Did we have to unload Scottie and 8 consecutive picks to get him?)

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

...solid consolation prize.

(Did we have to unload Scottie and 8 consecutive picks to get him?)
                            Luckily for the Raps his agent negotiated the deal in good faith.

Comment

What? What does number of years have to do with anything? Again, the contract Ayton would sign directly with the Pacers is identical to the one he would get in a sign and trade. In salary, in term, everything. The contract you are presenting there from the Suns was never on the table and was never going to be. That’s the whole reason he’s hitting RFA in the first place.

Yes, I stand by there being no real benefit to the Pacers in such a swap. Many rumours turn out to be complete nonsense, this is one such rumour.
                              I am just pointing out the dollars and years, not trying to debate with you about it. LOL.

Again, just wanted to point out that there is a possibility that Indiana is not operating in good faith and they are just willing to get Turner out of the way but not deal him somewhere else to take on more money. They just want Ayton badly and in doing so, they would trade Turner to Phoenix. You totally did not take that into account by just implying that it was a one way street with Phoenix the only party totally benefiting out of the deal and zero benefit for the Pacers. The rumor makes perfect sense but you operate in your own little world so we both can agree to disagree.

P.S. I find it funny because I sense a little agitation in the tone of your posts especially when someone question the legitimacy of your posts but I don’t mind doing it time and time again lol.

Comment

• So Lillard signs a crazy 2 year 122M extension, Harden takes a 15M pay cut with Philly in exchange for a 2nd year player option, Wall officially signs with the Clippers (where Ballmer likely paying him millions off the books to fit him with Kawhi and PG lol) and the Raps ink D.J Wilson while the world waits on Durant.

That just about sums it up?

Comment

Working...
                                X