No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "ESPN story on Danilo Gallinari agreeing on a two-year, $13.3M deal with Boston: https://t.co/oRRZDXqrJd" / Twitter
    https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn

Boston..keeps getting better.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
      Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "ESPN story on Danilo Gallinari agreeing on a two-year, $13.3M deal with Boston: https://t.co/oRRZDXqrJd" / Twitter
      https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn

Boston..keeps getting better.
      injury prone and slow footed BUT great great playmaker.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Don’t disagree with that viewpoint, but the loyalty narrative has also been spun that Lillard is a mega-talent who has been wasting his career in Portland and he should go to a franchise that can put a championship roster around him. Dame’s reputation is un-tarnished from a winning standpoint.

Maybe it’s all actually Lillard’s fault, i.e. (1) he’s just not good enough, (2) he doesn’t play defense and that sets the team culture, like GTJ said & (3) he takes up way too much of the salary cap to get players around him to cover for his flaws.

He can take all the money or be respected as a winner. He chose money.
        I think he's respected. He doesn't need to be a champion to be respected. I think this whole you gotta be a champion to have a good career thing is a little silly. There's lots of great player who never won it all. Not everyone can win it. His trajectory looks like hall of fame even if he doesn't win.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

and a bottom tier one at that.

I see nothing wrong with it... but there are other ways to reward a guy... like haslem with Miami.... or dirk with the mavs. So far their overall moves have been good not great we will see if that continues. They should be patient.
          I'm not sure what you mean. What reward is better than being the highest paid player in league history?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            ... He doesn't need to be a champion to be respected...
            Stockton and Malone

Comment

I think he's respected. He doesn't need to be a champion to be respected. I think this whole you gotta be a champion to have a good career thing is a little silly. There's lots of great player who never won it all. Not everyone can win it. His trajectory looks like hall of fame even if he doesn't win.
              Sure, a player doesn’t have to win it all, but how badly Lillard wants it will now firmly be in question and not respected. Especially when Harden just took a $15M pay cut to help Philly.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Sure, a player doesn’t have to win it all, but how badly Lillard wants it will now firmly be in question and not respected. Especially when Harden just took a $15M pay cut to help Philly.
                I don't think so. He's the same guy he was seconds prior to signing the deal, only now he's super mega rich. I respect that. Dame stuck it out with one team, stayed loyal and busted his ass. He got rewarded big time. Harden dogged it, started shit everywhere he went. I have way more respect for Dame than Harden.

Comment

I don't think so. He's the same guy he was seconds prior to signing the deal, only now he's super mega rich. I respect that. Dame stuck it out with one team, stayed loyal and busted his ass. He got rewarded big time. Harden dogged it, started shit everywhere he went. I'm not with you. I'd have way more respect for Dame than Harden.
                  What is your take on Beal?!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

What is your take on Beal?!
                    trash... jk

Comment

I don't think so. He's the same guy he was seconds prior to signing the deal, only now he's super mega rich. I respect that. Dame stuck it out with one team, stayed loyal and busted his ass. He got rewarded big time. Harden dogged it, started shit everywhere he went. I have way more respect for Dame than Harden.
                      not a fan of harden and to be fair he lowered his value with his antics and sand bagging it.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean. What reward is better than being the highest paid player in league history?
                        I think personally i'd rather have a slightly smaller pile of MILL and take a chip. First of all, the deals these guys get from endorsements are already super high. Also with the right investments you can make up the money and more especially if you win. Let's say he re upped for an average of 40 per instead of 60.... is the extra 20 million per year when he already has made over 190 million currently in his career thus far without factoring in his endorsements. Addidas alone signed him to a 10 year 100 million dollar deal.

Heck with a halfway decent investment portfolio without going crazy if he invested even 50 million of his career earnings and blew through his investments...he would and should be making well over 5-7 million per year .... not to mention the other investments these guys have access to through venture capital.

IF he wins his brand instantly will get a boost as will his jersey, card, and other sales. So he would make up that and then some just by winning .... again 40 vs 60.... two years from now he will be older and his team will have less of a chance to build around HIM being the guy.

Comment

• The other side of that is; He’s had contracts that took a lower percentage of the teams cap in the past and they’ve never been able to make it to the finals.

Ya, he could go somewhere else, but I respect the fact that he is being loyal to the city. If he wants to end his career in Portland, that’s awesome. The Trailblazers organization can do their part now, and try to build a team around him. He’s earned it.

Comment

• So the Celtics now sign Gallinari to add to their trade for Brogdan. I'd say they're the odds on favourite to win the East now.
                            There's on one team with Management on par with Toronto and it's in Boston.

Comment

• Guys, Gallinari is not good anymore.

What the hell are you worried about?

I'd be kinda upset if we had signed Gallinari to that deal.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I think personally i'd rather have a slightly smaller pile of MILL and take a chip. First of all, the deals these guys get from endorsements are already super high. Also with the right investments you can make up the money and more especially if you win. Let's say he re upped for an average of 40 per instead of 60.... is the extra 20 million per year when he already has made over 190 million currently in his career thus far without factoring in his endorsements. Addidas alone signed him to a 10 year 100 million dollar deal.

Heck with a halfway decent investment portfolio without going crazy if he invested even 50 million of his career earnings and blew through his investments...he would and should be making well over 5-7 million per year .... not to mention the other investments these guys have access to through venture capital.

IF he wins his brand instantly will get a boost as will his jersey, card, and other sales. So he would make up that and then some just by winning .... again 40 vs 60.... two years from now he will be older and his team will have less of a chance to build around HIM being the guy.

The only guarantees when it comes to money are those granted by the NBA. Also, he can do all those things with all that extra money and make even more money.

Let's say hes drinking the TV analyst you gotta win it Koolaid (like they don't switch networks all the time for more money) and coughs up $40M over the next two seasons. How do the Blazers use that to give him a contender supporting cast right now?

Comment

Working...
                                X