• Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Turner

^ to add

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

^ to add
      They can waive and stretch a guy or dump a contract with a 2nd rounder if need be.

By the sounds of it their owner seems rather hilariously to prefer sign and trades anyway though, doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Glad I'm not a Pacers fan.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If they pull off the Ayton deal then they have a pretty good young line up though:

Ayton
        ????
        Duarte
        Marthurin
        Haliburton

Hield and Nembhard coming off the bench. Jalen Smith and Ayton are back together. Theis is a pretty bench big. McConnell is a good vet. I think they need a bit more talent at forward.

Turner would’ve been a good trade chip to upgrade that forward spot, it’s too bad they are going down this path.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          If they pull off the Ayton deal then they have a pretty good young line up though:

Ayton
          ????
          Duarte
          Marthurin
          Haliburton

Hield and Nembhard coming off the bench. Jalen Smith and Ayton are back together. Theis is a pretty bench big. McConnell is a good vet. I think they need a bit more talent at forward.

Turner would’ve been a good trade chip to upgrade that forward spot, it’s too bad they are going down this path.
          If they sign-and-trade for Ayton, they still have considerable cap space, and might be able to finesse an adequate starting forward into that spot by participating in a Kyrie or KD trade.

Comment

If they pull off the Ayton deal then they have a pretty good young line up though:

Ayton
            ????
            Duarte
            Marthurin
            Haliburton

You scared me with this post talking like Turner for Ayton is a done deal. I haven't seen any updates this morning, still nothing from Woj, you got an obscure tweet to share?

Comment

Ayton
              ????
              Duarte
              Marthurin
              Haliburton

Not a big fan of duarte. But man they got a deal for haliburton and heild. Wish we went for haliburton

Comment

• I guess I'm biased, given our team's use of the G-League, but given the report that they are making the play-in a permanent thing, would it ever be the case that each team is given more 2-way contracts. (kind of off topic, but it would be a change to the CBA)

It would be sweet to have a whole team down in the 905 that are players we could bring up to the big club whenever we saw fit. Allow guys to have a different route to the NBA, but still being paid better than what the G-League is currently paying players.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                  I guess I'm biased, given our team's use of the G-League, but given the report that they are making the play-in a permanent thing, would it ever be the case that each team is given more 2-way contracts. (kind of off topic, but it would be a change to the CBA)

It would be sweet to have a whole team down in the 905 that are players we could bring up to the big club whenever we saw fit. Allow guys to have a different route to the NBA, but still being paid better than what the G-League is currently paying players.
                  Blame the NBA Player's Union. The current players (who vote on the CBA) want to limit the number of players that a team can have on a roster or under contractual control.

Comment

Ayton
                    ????
                    Duarte
                    Marthurin
                    Haliburton

Actually they didn't have to deal Turner.
                    That's already a good lineup.
                    Would have been better if they kept Brogdon

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Actually they didn't have to deal Turner.
                      That's already a good lineup.
                      Would have been better if they kept Brogdon
                      The Brogdon and Turner exits feel to me like Indy getting rid of guys for non-basketball reasons. Brogdon had issues with multiple coaches and Turner wanted to be a featured offensive option.

They fired Bjorgren after that shit show season but they also have now moved all they key guys from that core group. Probably means something.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                        I guess I'm biased, given our team's use of the G-League, but given the report that they are making the play-in a permanent thing, would it ever be the case that each team is given more 2-way contracts. (kind of off topic, but it would be a change to the CBA)

NCAA had a lot of political power over these types of issues in the past but everything feels like it is moving toward a legit minor league system. You might be waiting years, though.

Comment

• You guys are killing me with saying Turner has already been moved. He hasn't, holy crap.

The latest tweets as of the past few hours say Indiana is just going to give Ayton the max offer sheet as soon as tomorrow. Sounds like Phoenix wants too much in return so they're calling their bluff.

Also more tweets confirming the Nets do not want Ayton.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            You guys are killing me with saying Turner has already been moved. He hasn't, holy crap.

The latest tweets as of the past few hours say Indiana is just going to give Ayton the max offer sheet as soon as tomorrow. Sounds like Phoenix wants too much in return so they're calling their bluff.

Also more tweets confirming the Nets do not want Ayton.
                            Whether the Nets want Ayton is largely irrelevant unless they have a plan to shed like 30M in salary real quick. Way over the hard cap and can't afford to trigger it.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Whether the Nets want Ayton is largely irrelevant unless they have a plan to shed like 30M in salary real quick. Way over the hard cap and can't afford to trigger it.
                              Yeah it would be incredibly difficult to pull off but if they actually wanted him maybe they could do it. They don't want him so moot point.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X