No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Knicks have enough draft capital to not be saddled by trading away multiple years of picks. Maybe their draft day trade was the right move.

Based on Gobert's trade, maybe you trade 3 out of the 4 picks they have next year, one in 2024, one in 25 (they have two), and a pick swap in 2026, and then a few second rounders. Fournier's and Rose's contracts are all you need to match. They might want a young asset as well, but they don't really have anyone but Barrett.

That's a pretty damn good package. They have Detroit's, Washington's, Dallas's and their pick in 2023. Maybe Ainge would want a pick further out. Maybe you hold on to two of the 4 picks in 23, and trade your 2026 or 2027 pick. You could always trade one of your '23 picks for a pick that year anyways. Surprisingly the Knicks are in an okay spot.

Comment

• Beagle wrote: View Post
      With all this leaguewide bullshit, and Toronto's need for a real shooter, why not see if we could trade to get Demar back? He's flawed, to be sure, but he's worth the faults. He's an All-Star, if not an All-NBA.

For example, DeMar + Vucevic for GTJ, OG, Khem and multiple picks works. Chicago rebuilds on a short schedule while we make a run for the money. With Freaking DeMar. That would be good box office.

It could work for us because DeMar would more than replace GTJ easily, Vucevic is better than Khem or Koloko or Boucher, and OG can be replaced by all of our long guys.

Call me crazy. Please.
      You're crazy.

GTJ is a weakness in this Raptors defence. He is also a much, much better defender than DeMar. He is also a much, much better three point shooter than DeMar. You get DeMar to have him create offence, which puts Pascal off the ball as a shooter?

Vucevic is also not exactly the sort of C the Raptors want in their system. Almost exactly the opposite, really.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
        Trade Birch and Svi + Flynn+ Wilson + Banton + 1st for Turner
        That's the best offer the Pacers can get across the entire league? Wouldn't it be better to keep him?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

That's the best offer the Pacers can get across the entire league? Wouldn't it be better to keep him?
          If they are hunting a 1st, and no one else is offering one, maybe. But I agree, it is unlikely no one has a one player expiring plus a first to offer.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Here’s where the Raptors roster stands:
            Guaranteed (12): Siakam, VanVleet, Trent, Anunoby, Boucher, Young, Barnes, Birch, Porter, Achiuwa, Flynn, Svi
            Partially guaranteed (4): Banton, Brooks, Wilson, Champagnie
            2W: Harper

Unsigned: Koloko, Johnson (RFA)

Is project big man Koloko worth signing ?
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Here’s where the Raptors roster stands:
              Guaranteed (12): Siakam, VanVleet, Trent, Anunoby, Boucher, Young, Barnes, Birch, Porter, Achiuwa, Flynn, Svi
              Partially guaranteed (4): Banton, Brooks, Wilson, Champagnie
              2W: Harper

Unsigned: Koloko, Johnson (RFA)

Is project big man Koloko worth signing ?
              100% we sign Koloko. It would be insane not to.

I'd add Banton, Koloko, and Champagnie which gets us to 15.

They probably need to cut Svi to make space for someone else.
              Last edited by Primer; Thu Jul 14, 2022, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

100% we sign Koloko. It would be insane not to.

I'd add Banton, Koloko, and Champagnie which gets us to 15.

They probably need to cut Svi to make space for someone else.
                i'd do some sort of consolidation trade rather than cutting him and use him as salary...

I saw ESPN's suggested mitchell trade for us... Wondering what you think Primer?

Comment

• Beagle wrote: View Post
                  With all this leaguewide bullshit, and Toronto's need for a real shooter, why not see if we could trade to get Demar back? He's flawed, to be sure, but he's worth the faults. He's an All-Star, if not an All-NBA.

For example, DeMar + Vucevic for GTJ, OG, Khem and multiple picks works. Chicago rebuilds on a short schedule while we make a run for the money. With Freaking DeMar. That would be good box office.

It could work for us because DeMar would more than replace GTJ easily, Vucevic is better than Khem or Koloko or Boucher, and OG can be replaced by all of our long guys.

Call me crazy. Please.
                  Great post.

Trade for Demar movement

Comment

• That Bobby Marks article with the mock trades is so bad lmaoooo

Why would Utah do any of those trades

I don’t even want Mitchell but if all it took was GTJ, Birch, Flynn and 3 firsts you do that in an instant

Comment

• Not sure how I feel about Ron Harper Jr getting a 2 way already. Would’ve liked them to battle it out more, I think we’ll regret if we keep him over Dowtin for example

Those last 3 spots are almost certainly gonna be Koloko Banton and Champagnie, then we’ve got the 1 2 way slot left for Dowtin/Johnson/someone else

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        Not sure how I feel about Ron Harper Jr getting a 2 way already. Would’ve liked them to battle it out more, I think we’ll regret if we keep him over Dowtin for example

Those last 3 spots are almost certainly gonna be Koloko Banton and Champagnie, then we’ve got the 1 2 way slot left for Dowtin/Johnson/someone else
                        I suspect Dowtin is locked into the second two way. Johnson seems a little bit out of the plans at this point.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                          Not sure how I feel about Ron Harper Jr getting a 2 way already. Would’ve liked them to battle it out more, I think we’ll regret if we keep him over Dowtin for example
                          If you want in the future to have more players with potential that didn't get drafted (but should have)sign with the Raps, you honor the 2 way contract at least until March and you drop him if there is another player you see that is able to contribute in a long playoffs run.

Obviously RHJ got ways to go and the Raptors staff will work with him to see whether they can get much more of him.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

If you want in the future to have more players with potential that didn't get drafted (but should have)sign with the Raps, you honor the 2 way contract at least until March and you drop him if there is another player you see that is able to contribute in a long playoffs run.

Obviously RHJ got ways to go and the Raptors staff will work with him to see whether they can get much more of him.

Also, you don't sign a guy to a two-way because you think he'll look good during summer league, you sign a guy to a two-way so you can work with him for an entire season then see if he looks good in the following summer league. Or, ideally, sure, he kills it during the season and can help out at the NBA level, but that's not the expectation, never mind looking good at summer league.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I suspect Dowtin is locked into the second two way. Johnson seems a little bit out of the plans at this point.
                              Yeah he hasn’t shown very much

That also eliminates Brooks though. I think he’s shown more than RHJr

Comment

• Obviously a lot older but Nurse did say he wants guys that can play

Who knows if he’d be open to a 2 way though, doubtful but possible if he’s up with the main squad most of the season and getting mins

Or we could just cut Svi

Comment

Working...
                                X