X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

Yeah he hasn’t shown very much

That also eliminates Brooks though. I think he’s shown more than RHJr
    I don't think so. I think they waive Svi and pick between Wilson and Brooks.

Brooks is ineligible for the two way spot unless they waive him before camp (technically before August) which doesn't seem like their intent.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

Or we could just cut Svi
      Most likely scenario.

Too many guys are competing for spots and minutes this time around and he was glued to the bench for the 2nd half of last season.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        Here’s where the Raptors roster stands:
        Guaranteed (12): Siakam, VanVleet, Trent, Anunoby, Boucher, Young, Barnes, Birch, Porter, Achiuwa, Flynn, Svi
        Partially guaranteed (4): Banton, Brooks, Wilson, Champagnie
        2W: Harper

Unsigned: Koloko, Johnson (RFA)

Is project big man Koloko worth signing ?
        Koloko is going to be with the team in some way cause he could actually crack the rotation in a year or two - he's a project but this front office is willing to be patient if they like a guy. Banton is going to get a chance to be a fringe rotation guy so he's a lock. I got the sense last season that Nurse likes Champagnie (and he feels like a Raptor to me) so I'm penciling him in.

Flynn doesn't fit this team at all and isn't going to play, so he could easily be moved for a bag of balls if they need a spot. Nurse completely gave up on Svi even though the team desperately needed Svi's supposed skill set (shooting/spacing), so I think that tells you everything you need to know there. I can't see them keeping both Brooks and Johnson and then that Dowtin(?) guy might get a shot.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          I got the sense last season that Nurse likes Champagnie (and he feels like a Raptor to me) so I'm penciling him in.
          Nurse even praised Champagnie finding a role on the team last season in this summer league interview without Champagine even playing.

Nurse really likes the hustle and the rebounding from a guy that was known more for his shooting.

slaw wrote: View Post
          I can't see them keeping both Brooks and Johnson and then that Dowtin(?) guy might get a shot.
          Highly likely Dowtin gets a 2 way, unless Johnson catches fire in training camp or Jalen Harris (who will probably be invited once he clears things with the NBA) shows up with a much more polished game.

Comment

• As long as we have 10-11 rotation guys, the last 3-4 and two 2-way contracts could be developmental spots.

Pascal, Scottie, OG, Fred, Gary, Boucher, Thad, Otto, Precious, Birch, maybe Flynn. Fred still has high praise for Flynn, there's gotta be something there.

I would prefer to see at least one vet "guard" added to that rotation group.

Banton, Champagnie, Koloko and then two 2-ways.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              As long as we have 10-11 rotation guys, the last 3-4 and two 2-way contracts could be developmental spots.

Pascal, Scottie, OG, Fred, Gary, Boucher, Thad, Otto, Precious, Birch, maybe Flynn. Fred still has high praise for Flynn, there's gotta be something there.

I would prefer to see at least one vet "guard" added to that rotation group.

Banton, Champagnie, Koloko and then two 2-ways.
              I'd say Pascal/Scottie/OG/Fred/Gary with Boucher/Otto/Precious as the locks for the first 3 off the bench, though Precious may lay claim to a starting spot if he jumps a level.

I don't think Thad and Birch are necessarily regular rotation locks. Young isn't a spring chicken and had fallen out of the Spurs rotation last season, while Birch tends to miss a bunch of games each year.

Banton and Champagnie are going to get some chances. Flynn will get a look as well but I just don't see it given his poor fit with the style of play.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I'd say Pascal/Scottie/OG/Fred/Gary with Boucher/Otto/Precious as the locks for the first 3 off the bench, though Precious may lay claim to a starting spot if he jumps a level.

I don't think Thad and Birch are necessarily regular rotation locks. Young isn't a spring chicken and had fallen out of the Spurs rotation last season, while Birch tends to miss a bunch of games each year.

Banton and Champagnie are going to get some chances. Flynn will get a look as well but I just don't see it given his poor fit with the style of play.
                I think thad is a lock for 10-15 and same with boucher.... Otto will play 15-20 they basically need to cut the entire starting rotations minutes by just under 10 minutes. per player

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Nurse even praised Champagnie finding a role on the team last season in this summer league interview without Champagine even playing.

Nurse really likes the hustle and the rebounding from a guy that was known more for his shooting.

Highly likely Dowtin gets a 2 way, unless Johnson catches fire in training camp or Jalen Harris (who will probably be invited once he clears things with the NBA) shows up with a much more polished game.
                  I keep forgetting about Harris. He's a great candidate to replace a cut Svi if he looks good in camp.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I keep forgetting about Harris. He's a great candidate to replace a cut Svi if he looks good in camp.
                    It would be a nice comeback story.

Comment

• If no change will happen, then it’s up to St. Nick to make it work. Trust his bench and not work his starters to bare bones. Having them lead the league in regular season minutes played is not a good recipe to success when it matters most.

Although, I am still leaning on that sliver of hope that Masai/ Bobby can get us KD without giving up Scottie

Comment

• Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                          And here... we... go!
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

And here... we... go!
                            Dan, does this mean a s&t is out of the question for the suns? or is it still a possibility

Comment

Finally something is happening...

Comment

Dan, does this mean a s&t is out of the question for the suns? or is it still a possibility
                                The tweet makes it sounds like he's signed the deal. If he has signed the offer sheet, then the Suns are unable to use him in a SnT, and can at best match, then wait for mid-season, then hope Ayton would agree to a trade (matching an offer sheet gives the player a no trade clause for a year). This is great news for non-Suns teams chasing Durant.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X