Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

Dan, does this mean a s&t is out of the question for the suns? or is it still a possibility
    Yep, sign and trade not possible, and if Suns match Ayton cannot be traded. This essentially takes them out of the KD sweepstakes, so it's basically just us now.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yep, sign and trade not possible, and if Suns match Ayton cannot be traded. This essentially takes them out of the KD sweepstakes, so it's basically just us now.
      The Suns best offer now becomes Bridges, Cam Johnson, Saric's expiring, and a pile of picks. Which to me is a significantly lesser offer than the OG/Trent/picks or FVV/Trent/picks versions of the Raptors offers. Certainly tilts the floor in our favour.

IF he's signed the deal. Still seems a little fuzzy whether he's signed or just agreed to sign - if it's just agreement, they can still last minute figure out a SnT, but enough of the language in the reports talks about the 48 hour clock and losing him for nothing that it seems more like a sign he signed it than a threat.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• hahahaha

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

The Suns best offer now becomes Bridges, Cam Johnson, Saric's expiring, and a pile of picks. Which to me is a significantly lesser offer than the OG/Trent/picks or FVV/Trent/picks versions of the Raptors offers. Certainly tilts the floor in our favour.

IF he's signed the deal. Still seems a little fuzzy whether he's signed or just agreed to sign - if it's just agreement, they can still last minute figure out a SnT, but enough of the language in the reports talks about the 48 hour clock and losing him for nothing that it seems more like a sign he signed it than a threat.
          Yeah, I'd imagine if it wasn't signed the Suns potential return has been reduced to some 2nd round picks. Indiana is calling their bluff and not giving them Turner for free, which they shouldn't. Kudos to the Indiana GM, he's been doing one helluva job.

Comment

• We can only hope for..

But the most likely scenario is:

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

yeah now that this is the offer from the suns i'd just straight up go fvv and trent and picks.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                And Myles Turner suddenly becomes available.

Unless of course the Suns match. Then they have a big enough salary to swap for Durant without having to give up a ton of good young players. You still have to give up one along with the boatload of draft picks.

If the suns don't match then Indy has the Sabonis Turner show part two.
                Two C's for one spot.
                Wonder if there is a team out there that is in need of a centre that can protect the rim and stretch the floor on the offense.
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jul 14, 2022, 03:33 PM.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Wonder if there is a team out there that is in need of a centre that can protect the rim and stretch the floor on the offense.
                  depends on the price i'd be saving our picks if possible for KD... gotta keep our eyes on the prize here.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

depends on the price i'd be saving our picks if possible for KD... gotta keep our eyes on the prize here.
                    So make a do or die offer to BKN and then move on Turner.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

What's the argument that the deals for Durant get better either at the trade deadline or next off season? More teams in play? Only 3 years left? But you also have a guy who is a year older and who knows if he stays healthy, which is something of a concern at his age.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Unless of course the Suns match. Then they have a big enough salary to swap for Durant without having to give up a ton of good young players. You still have to give up one along with the boatload of draft picks.

If the suns don't match then Indy has the Sabonis Turner show part two.
                        Two C's for one spot.
                        If they match they cannot trade Ayton until mid season and Ayton gets a 1 year no trade clause so he would have to approve it. If they match they also go $15M into the tax so doesn't seem likely they will match their owner is cheap.

Nets have also been widely reported to have no interest in Ayton.

Also little known fact, Precious is a much better 3pt shooter than Turner, who is pretty mediocre at it.
                        Precious .359 vs Turner at .333. I don't think we have current interest in Turner.
                        Last edited by Primer; Thu Jul 14, 2022, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• I feel like the Raps should have no interest in turner. Focus on KD, maybe Mitchell, but I don't want turner here. I was high on him in years past, but now we have precious and a developing koloko. And I want to see precious starting.

Comment

• And miles turner seemed pumped that sabonis was traded. And now this with Ayton, Turner definitely needs a new team.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                              I feel like the Raps should have no interest in turner. Focus on KD, maybe Mitchell, but I don't want turner here. I was high on him in years past, but now we have precious and a developing koloko. And I want to see precious starting.
                              Yep, and Turner wants a BIG raiser after this upcoming season, which means we'd have to jettison someone else to keep us under the tax since we have Pascal and OG and Trent also coming up for raises, plus Fred is getting one.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

So make a do or die offer to BKN and then move on Turner.
                                or

Make the do or die offer to Indy.
                                Love Durant. But hes 34.. coming off an achilles and the sobering reality that he couldn't beat Boston in the first round.
                                We won't give Brooklyn enough of our core players that Durant is again unable to get his new team (Raps) out of the first round due to a lack of support that was traded to get him.... Sounds like Brooklyn isn't getting what they thought they could get. Maybe they just keep him then.

Turner is 26. Fits nicely with our core players ages... Fred and Pascal are 28 ... OG is 24....Trent is 23 and Achiwua is 22.... Barnes is the untouchable one at 20. Unfortunately one of those players will likely be moved for Turner or Durant ....save for Scottie.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X