Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yep, and Turner wants a BIG raiser after this upcoming season, which means we'd have to jettison someone else to keep us under the tax since we have Pascal and OG and Trent also coming up for raises, plus Fred is getting one.
    I think the Pacers are gonna regret the Ayton offer. Even if the Suns match, it shows they have no faith in Turner and almost have to trade him to recoup something. I guess the Pacers know Turner better than anyone, but I'm kinda surprised they don't value his skillset.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I don't think so. I think they waive Svi and pick between Wilson and Brooks.

Brooks is ineligible for the two way spot unless they waive him before camp (technically before August) which doesn't seem like their intent.
      I hope so. Would prefer Justin/Dalano/Koloko/Armoni for those 4 spots as opposed to Svi having any of them

Comment

• Supposedly the offer doesn’t go through until midnight ET so they have some hours to discuss a S&T still

Comment

• Woj saying they’re gonna match and have no intention of a sign and trade

What in the world is going on

Comment

If they match they cannot trade Ayton until mid season and Ayton gets a 1 year no trade clause so he would have to approve it. If they match they also go $15M into the tax so doesn't seem likely they will match their owner is cheap.

Nets have also been widely reported to have no interest in Ayton.

Also little known fact, Precious is a much better 3pt shooter than Turner, who is pretty mediocre at it.
            Precious .359 vs Turner at .333. I don't think we have current interest in Turner.
            Agree.....Sarver probably doesn't want to go into the tax but they lose him for nothing.
            Whats worse ?

Yes... Achiwua really started to hit shots last year. I am eating my words on him but he is indeed an important piece going forward. but he goes 210-215.Turner is a big body and the East has some pretty serious big bodies up front to contend with. Myles goes 250 plus. Embiid and Bam .. Jared Allen, Clint Capella, Lopez are pretty big bodies on teams we have to get by ...

As for interest in Turner.... we have been linked to him for a while now.
            The Raps are air tight on their plans but other teams aren't as tight on what gets out....
            We like him....

Lets see if the Suns match first.. if they don't Turner is on the block.
            He fits with how we play and the timeline.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jul 14, 2022, 04:11 PM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Finally..now we have some movement.
              Suns aren't matching..they would be 15 million luxury tax, that's alot..
              I believe u would have 2 pay triple, not happening.
              Suns are out of KD running.
              Raptors have the best package for KD.
              OG, Trent, Byrch, Flynn, Svi and 5 1st rd picks .I'm sorry that's a pretty good deal
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• They can always shed salary if they want to get under the tax. He wanted a max 5 year extension from Phoenix and now they are getting him for slightly less. I think they will match to avoid losing an asset.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

I think the Pacers are gonna regret the Ayton offer. Even if the Suns match, it shows they have no faith in Turner and almost have to trade him to recoup something. I guess the Pacers know Turner better than anyone, but I'm kinda surprised they don't value his skillset.
                  The Pacers will run a lot of pick and roll and Ayton is a beast in the pick and roll. I think he's an awesome fit with Halliburton. Myles is pretty meh offensively, meh at rebounding, and hurt all the freaking time. He's a great shot blocker but Ayton is a much better player in my opinion.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Agree.....Sarver probably doesn't want to go into the tax but they lose him for nothing.
                    Whats worse ?

Yes... Achiwua really started to hit shots last year. I am eating my words on him but he is indeed an important piece going forward. but he goes 210-215.Turner is a big body and the East has some pretty serious big bodies up front to contend with. Myles goes 250 plus. Embiid and Bam .. Jared Allen, Clint Capella, Lopez are pretty big bodies on teams we have to get by ...

As for interest in Turner.... we have been linked to him for a while now.
                    The Raps are air tight on their plans but other teams aren't as tight on what gets out....
                    We like him....

Lets see if the Suns match first.. if they don't Turner is on the block.
                    He fits with how we play and the timeline.
                    Myles doesn't have great stats against those guys though. Bam eats his freaking lunch every time they go head to head.

Comment

Myles doesn't have great stats against those guys though. Bam eats his freaking lunch every time they go head to head.
                      Head to Head comparison of Bam and Myles - wouldn't quite say it's "eats his freaking lunch"

https://stathead.com/basketball/h2h_..._id2=turnemy01

Turner vs. Embiid on the other hand

https://stathead.com/basketball/h2h_..._id2=embiijo01

Comment

Turner is a fine player but when I read about him in RR land it's like he's the second coming of Bill Russell or a young Dwight Howard. He's not going to move the needle in Toronto all that much and you also have to deal with his desire to have a much bigger role than he had in Indy when you've already got 6 guys who all have big or growing roles. Superficially he seems like a fit but I'm not as sure as others that he would thrive here.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Turner is a fine player but when I read about him in RR land it's like he's the second coming of Bill Russell or a young Dwight Howard. He's not going to move the needle in Toronto all that much and you also have to deal with his desire to have a much bigger role than he had in Indy when you've already got 6 guys who all have big or growing roles. Superficially he seems like a fit but I'm not as sure as others that he would thrive here.
                          depending on what you are giving for him its an upgrade for sure but he isn't the "final piece" I see it more like additional asset accumulation towardsmaking htat final push towards a move but I dont think we need to

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Head to Head comparison of Bam and Myles - wouldn't quite say it's "eats his freaking lunch"

https://stathead.com/basketball/h2h_..._id2=turnemy01

Turner vs. Embiid on the other hand

https://stathead.com/basketball/h2h_..._id2=embiijo01
                            Turner did better against rookie Bam (still lost pretty clearly) but when they played the past 2 seasons Bam has his way with him.

Turner offers zero resistance to Embiid.

Now do Precious vs Embiid. He does a way better job against Embiid than Turner.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

depending on what you are giving for him its an upgrade for sure but he isn't the "final piece" I see it more like additional asset accumulation towardsmaking htat final push towards a move but I dont think we need to
                              I really do not think Turner is an upgrade over Precious one bit. If the argument is Precious is smaller so Turner is better then why does Precious do way better against Embiid than Turner does?

Comment

• I’d hold my horses on all the Turner talk

Woj saying Suns will probably match, so I doubt Turner would be heading anywhere

Comment

Working...
                                X