Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    I’d hold my horses on all the Turner talk

Woj saying Suns will probably match, so I doubt Turner would be heading anywhere
    I think Indiana still wants to move him ASAP even without Ayton. But I don't want Turner. Precious is better.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The Pacers will run a lot of pick and roll and Ayton is a beast in the pick and roll. I think he's an awesome fit with Halliburton. Myles is pretty meh offensively, meh at rebounding, and hurt all the freaking time. He's a great shot blocker but Ayton is a much better player in my opinion.
      He certainly benefited from playing with CP3. I know little about Halliburton, so I won't comment on that. You'd think Turner would be adequate in the PnR, they seemed to want him to space the floor for Sabonis. Feels like Turner never got a good go of it in Indy, hopefully he finds a good home elsewhere.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I really do not think Turner is an upgrade over Precious one bit. If the argument is Precious is smaller so Turner is better then why does Precious do way better against Embiid than Turner does?
        over precious... likely not over birch yes. to clarify my eye is now just on KD and KD only that is all I want for the right price. Anything else I do not care about.

KD for FVV and Trent, or OG and Trent or OG and FVV.

Those are the three potential offers. I would agree with Dan than the FVV and Trent might now become more appealing.

Comment

• Its either KD stays with the Nets or becomes a Raptor now.

I still don't see the benefits of the Nets keeping him past the off-season, so we'll see what happens.

Comment

• If NY ends up sending out 8 picks, pick swaps, and a couple young assets, it could change how the league moves forward. The Gobert trade already set the market, and now the price has gone up.

Does this solve the problem of players forcing their way out if there are only a handful of teams willing to move that kind of draft capital for top end talent? Or is there going to be a market correction at some point.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              If NY ends up sending out 8 picks, pick swaps, and a couple young assets, it could change how the league moves forward. The Gobert trade already set the market, and now the price has gone up.

Does this solve the problem of players forcing their way out if there are only a handful of teams willing to move that kind of draft capital for top end talent? Or is there going to be a market correction at some point.
              Gobert didn't set the market. The Wolves overpaid. Its why KD hasn't been traded yet. Nets have a high asking price, teams aren't willing to go that high.

Comment

• Why don't we just get Mo Bamba and rid of all these BS.
                Oh, and trade for Seth Curry, or Joe Harris.

Comment

If NY ends up sending out 8 picks, pick swaps, and a couple young assets, it could change how the league moves forward. The Gobert trade already set the market, and now the price has gone up.

Likely a market correction. Good front offices won't sacrifice substantial draft assets for players like gobert and Mitchell in the future. It will only take a couple of failed attempts at contention via that route to show its too risky for most teams. Minny will likely be the first, so we will see how the Mitchell and Durant sweepstakes play out. The strategy will require teams to sit on draft assets and not sacrifice them for smaller moves to improve their teams around the margins. It will be hard for these teams to make the Thad or Gasol type moves to complete their rosters (gasol didn't require a 1st I know, but the point stands). If minny gets in the 4th or 5th seed this season, for example, but determine they need another piece, what on earth do they have left to move? I see minny as being pretty good at some point during goberts time there, but not good enough to truly contend, and then having to tear it down in order to reacquire draft picks to kickstart a rebuild.

Comment

The Gobert package and what Nets are asking for KD are so different though. If all it cost was picks for KD, there would be a lot of bidders. The package Nets want with players doesn't allow anyone to contend...which is the only reason anyone would trade for KD at this stage of his career. It makes no sense.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

The Gobert package and what Nets are asking for KD are so different though. If all it cost was picks for KD, there would be a lot of bidders. The package Nets want with players doesn't allow anyone to contend...which is the only reason anyone would trade for KD at this stage of his career. It makes no sense.
                      And teams are perhaps hesitant because of his age and recent injury history, which is something the media seems to be conveniently ignoring. And it matters.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                        If no change will happen, then it’s up to St. Nick to make it work. Trust his bench and not work his starters to bare bones. Having them lead the league in regular season minutes played is not a good recipe to success when it matters most.

Although, I am still leaning on that sliver of hope that Masai/ Bobby can get us KD without giving up Scottie
                        I blame myself for being drawn in with this snooze fest status quo talk….yawner LOL.

now with the Ayton domino about to fall, chaos is about to restart again and that sliver of hope in getting KD is more wider hahah.

Comment

• "Everything Kevin Durant"

Comment

• well that was quick

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              Its either KD stays with the Nets or becomes a Raptor now.

I still don't see the benefits of the Nets keeping him past the off-season, so we'll see what happens.
                              There are still complicated and difficult multi-team deals that presumably could be worked out. Also, I imagine some other teams might jump in as the price drops. I’m sure Brooklyn isn’t thrilled though.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

well that was quick
                                Phoenix probably tries to dump Crowder or Saric plus someone else to dodge the tax.

Comment

Working...
                                X